Thanks, I appreciate your assessment.

#742 klwed

klwed

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:26 AM

+1 on MC68. I was a big fan of 65 and I'm hearing slightly more weight and slightly clearer imaging. No negatives have surfaced, so I'm keeping it.

• BernieK and DC like this

Windows Server 2019 Core, Audiophile Optimizer 3, Fidelizer Pro, Minority Clean 182, JPLAY UltraStream (Hibernated & Throttled) | Intel NUC 5i7, Akasa Plato fanless case, Apacer Wide-Temp RAM, Intel X25-E SLC SSD, SOtM SATA filter II, Pachanko Pure Reference SATA cable, Paul Hynes SR4 PSU, Audio Sensibility Silver Signature DC power cable, Innuos PhoenixUSB Reclocker, Danacable TruStream USB cables | DDDAC PCM1794 NOS DAC with Audio Creative transformers | Almarro 318B 6c33c amplifier | Joseph Audio RM50si speakers | PI Audio Uber BUSS power filter

#743 Ben Webster

Ben Webster

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M., Germany

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:38 AM

MC69 available

System doesn’t matter - if you have mine.

#744 HungryBear

HungryBear

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep forest

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:36 AM

MC69 is brighter than 67/66/65. MC69 is the brightest, most present MC so far, but the highs are more natural than in previous versions.

MC69 also have less lower mids and upper bass than MC68, but is more extended with more sub bass.

The sub bass might be actually the best I have ever head. I just wish MC69 was less bright.

I suspect OryA's system is overly dark, so he compensate for that by making overly bright MC.

TrustedClean download link:

http://jplay.eu/foru...ean/#entry66847

For support requests, please DM me. Bug reports are much appreciated.

#745 kezman

kezman

Beginner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

Registered to explain a common misunderstanding concerning MinorityClean.
It does not have its own sound, bright for example. Every new version is better than the previous one and makes noise in the computer lower and lower.
One can get the same by filtering the power supplies,undervolting, etc.
If we can make an assumption that we can measure overall RF noise adding to jitter, or jitter itself in some units, say, 200 for a powerful pc, 150 for a notebook, 50 for a clean linear powered pc with filters and undervolting everywhere.
Then MC deducts 10 from each score. And the effect on the sound will be different at each level.
But positive everywhere and more so with every new version.
Any HF harshness is the product of your gear, MC is going in the right direction.
Even if it's exposing the weaknesses of your system. Sad but true...
  • blawre and recepky like this

#746 HungryBear

HungryBear

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep forest

Posted 08 November 2020 - 09:58 PM

It does not have its own sound, bright for example. Every new version is better than the previous one and makes noise in the computer lower and lower.
If we can make an assumption that we can measure overall RF noise adding to jitter, or jitter itself in some units, say, 200 for a powerful pc, 150 for a notebook, 50 for a clean linear powered pc with filters and undervolting everywhere.
Then MC deducts 10 from each score. And the effect on the sound will be different at each level.
Any HF harshness is the product of your gear, MC is going in the right direction.

Have you actually compared various versions of MC side by side?

OryA himself said about one of the versions it is too bright.

Jitter have more parameters than just the absolute timing error. Jitter also have its amplitude. Jitter is a time-varying signal and have its spectral density. You can have jitter on different frequencies. You have various types of jitter - random and deterministic. How much of each is present? All these things DEFINITELY and MEASURABLY affect tonal balance of the sound.

10ps of deterministic jitter on 90000 Hz will sound different than 10ps of gaussian jitter on 50000 Hz.

The absolute timing error is 10ps every time but the jitter is completely different.

50ps of gaussian jitter on 90000 Hz might sound better than 10ps of deterministic jitter on 50000 Hz.

This is just a basic knowledge really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitter

jitter-measurement-web-spectrum.gif

Timing-jitter-spectral-density-measureme

• billgr, BernieK, blawre and 1 other like this

TrustedClean download link:

http://jplay.eu/foru...ean/#entry66847

For support requests, please DM me. Bug reports are much appreciated.

#747 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:01 PM

Interesting. If each new version of MC is consistently more 'positive everywhere' and reduces even more computer noise, shouldn't the effect of each new MC version on, for example, the high frequency range in a particular system be a consistently greater change in the same direction on that system? If so, why are some succeeding versions of MC reported to be less, not more, bright than preceding versions on the same systems? Why are variations (sometimes more emphasis, sometimes less) and not consistent changes in specific frequency ranges reported for new MC versions in the same systems? I, and I'm certain others, would like to have a clear idea of exactly how MC works, but I'm having difficulty reconciling your explanation of MC's mode of action with the observations reported here in numerous posts.

• billgr, blawre, recepky and 1 other like this

Control Point: Apple iPad (9th gen), 64Gb storage, 3Gb RAM, JPLAY for iOS 1.0.18; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 128Gb storage, 4Gb RAM, Bubble UPnP 4.3.6; Dell Inspiron 15 5510 laptop (Windows 11 Professional (x64) Version 22H2 (build 22621.3155), Intel Core i7-11390H, 2.93 GHz, 512Gb KIOXIA M2 PCIe NVMe (RAID) SSD, 16Gb DDR4 3200 MHz RAM), Upplay 1.7.1.

Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60, Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz, 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM.

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edition) in highly optimized Desktop mode, command prompt shell for initial setup after which Control and Audio-PCs run headless (monitor, keyboard and mouse disconnected).
Optimization: Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, MajiorityCamisole 195R3 (Control-PC) and 194R3 plus 195R3 (Audio-PC) via TrustedClean 3.1b-server on RAM Disk (MCLE Local folder) (for automated RAM Disk procedure and TC settings used see my Guide for Creating a RAM Disk that Uses TrustedClean (TC) 3.1b-server to Install and Run MajiorityCamisole) (revised 3 May 2024), Process Lasso Server Edition 14.0.3.16, additional Windows processes/services stopped via registry editor, task manager and a modified CAD DSK script (for complete optimization procedure see my Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System) (revised 3 May 2024).

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 11.64.0.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 32.0.6.
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS, Engine: ULTRAstream, Bitstream: Native, Bitperfect Volume: OFF, DAC Link: 1000, XtreamSize: 1000, Throttle: ON, Hibernate Mode: ON.

Equipment Configuration: Control Point Tablet/Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Rotel 1590C > 2m Mogami NEGLEX RCA to XLR cable with Neutrik connectors) > March Audio P501 Monoblocks with Purifi 1ET7040SA modules > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers. AC power filtered/cleaned via Thor A12BF Smart Power Board. 

Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backups (x2): as per Main Library.

#748 Ben Webster

Ben Webster

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:03 PM

I guess, this is the theory behind MC.

The reality is totally different. There is no clear direction in improvement. And I know, which effect less jitter and better power supply have.

Have you ever tried the different versions?

• BernieK likes this

#749 kezman

kezman

Beginner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:55 AM

Yes, tried 30, 62, 64-69. Never preferred an older version.
And the change was always similar - more high frequency definition, more overall fluidity and clearness of quiet sounds.

Ok. Got you all. Cannot say that I heard it that way.
  • blawre likes this

#750 Ben Webster

Ben Webster

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:00 AM

I tried most of all till 66, I preferred 57. After buying JCat Duo Optimo Duo for my two JCat Femto NetCards in my 2 PC-Setup, I’m also happy without MC...

• Adrian, recepky and MikeYang9999 like this

#751 qyy

qyy

Beginner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 12:25 AM

I tried most of all from 24 to 69, I preferred 69.

• blawre and recepky like this

#752 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:26 PM

Been listening to Mc69 for the last three days and it doesn't seem to have any nasties, and is low on listening fatigue. Not overbright in my system.

#753 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • LocationSillycon Valley

Posted 10 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

MC69 reveals weaknesses of my setup and gives me some clues where and how to address them. Now listening to music with MC69 on, local files or streaming, jazz or classical or anything in between, even when the setup is still cold in the winter morning, it’s hard for me to turn it off and leave for daily routines. In fact, I’ve missed a few appointments already.

Thank you all for your assessments, positive or negative. They all are mostly accurate IMHO and tell me that our setups are different.
  • BernieK, blawre and recepky like this
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#754 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

After all, what is the purpose of so many successive releases of Minority Clean? If I'm not mistaken, there have been days when two new versions have been released. In a single day! How should I understand this? Is the proposal for a newer one to be better than the older one, or not necessarily?

• BernieK, recepky and Rob like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Schiit Freya preamp. (with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 Gold-Pin tubes and Synergistic Research Orange Fuse) and Audio Research VS115 (with Tung-Sol KT120 and Svetlana 6H30 tubes and AMR Gold Fuse);

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;

- Digital transport: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz, a JCAT Net Card FEMTO and 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310M M.2 2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i3-9100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz, a JCAT Net Card FEMTO and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version, Minority Clean and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R) NCF.

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR and Siltech 770i XLR (interconnects), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (DAC), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (power amp.), 2 x Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor and computers), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (preamp.) and Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all internal wires from the computers).

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#755 Ben Webster

Ben Webster

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

MC70 available

#756 billgr

billgr

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:16 AM

MC71 Is available!

http://MinorityClean...0_Rev71_x64.zip

• sj46 likes this

Win2019, Audiophile Optimizer, JPlayFemto (2PC), Ramboot, ExerciseStabilizer, BubbleUPnP, Matrix X-SPDIF3, PS Audio DirectStream DAC++, ATI1806 Amplifiers, Linkwitz LX521MG speakers with ASP4, JPS Labs Aluminata cables, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator.

#757 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 01:59 PM

Hi link just takes me back here?

#758 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:01 PM

http://www.mics.ne.j...0_Rev71_x64.zip
  • blawre likes this

#759 billgr

billgr

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:08 PM

Weird, my apologies. 

Win2019, Audiophile Optimizer, JPlayFemto (2PC), Ramboot, ExerciseStabilizer, BubbleUPnP, Matrix X-SPDIF3, PS Audio DirectStream DAC++, ATI1806 Amplifiers, Linkwitz LX521MG speakers with ASP4, JPS Labs Aluminata cables, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator.

#760 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:53 PM

No worries. 🙂 Haven't been able to try it yet. Looking forward to hearing others thoughts

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Valiar