JPLAY, JCAT USB Isolator & JCAT USB Card FEMTO Net Audio's Recommended ProductsHajime Sakaki Net Audio Japan
The Final Piece of the PuzzleTom Gibbs Positive-Feedback
JPLAY ist meine persönliche Referenz bei der Musikwiedergabe über den ComputerRoland Dietl HIFISTATEMENT
My reference playerSteven Plaskin Audiostream
JPLAY brings digital almost neck to neck with vinylPaul Candy 6moons, Blue Moon Award
The most transparent, clearest and gentlest acting music softwareChristian Rechenbach Eins Null
Highest playback quality obtained by any software or sourceCharles Zeilig, Ph.D., Jay Clawson TAS 219
JPLAY is stereoplay's best known software player for Windows.Andreas Bock Stereoplay
The First Step to Heaven = JPLAYClive Meakins Enjoy the Music
The player software allows to extract all of the best from a PC computer and audio filesWojciech Pacula High-Fidelity, Red Fingerprint & Best Product 2011 awards
if you are looking to squeeze the absolute best from your computer playback systemNick Whetstone TNT-Audio
JPLAY FEMTO: the new benchmark in digital audio reproduction
A complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.
JPLAY FEMTO combines unrivalled digital playback algorithms with convenience that has not been available before.Now featuring our femtoServer, ultra-light and ultra-optimized UPnP media server, digital files are reproduced with higher transparency and precision than ever before, giving you greater insight into all of your music. JPLAY FEMTO, our UPnP Renderer, can extract the best performance from virtually all audio formats and resolutions including DSD Native (RAW) up to fs256 & DSD DoP up to fs128. Thanks to extreme optimizations in JPLAY FEMTO, not only local files sound better - Tidal & Qobuz hi-rez lossless streams can be played at much higher quality too.
- Download and run JPLAY FEMTO setup
- Select the folders with your music files
- Restart PC
- Open JPLAY Settings panel to select your DAC
- Open a UPnP remote app on any device in your home network (see the list below), select JPLAY FEMTO as the renderer and JPLAY femtoServer as the library
->Download NOW<- fully-functional JPLAY FEMTO which also includes JPLAY Classic and test-drive it for free for the next 21 days!
To all customers who ask for JPLAY Classic - the free trial version includes both JPLAY Classic and JPLAY FEMTO, if you don't want to upgrade to FEMTO you will receive a FREE license code when JPLAY trial expiresThe price for new customers is 149EUR (includes both JPLAY FEMTO & JPLAY Classic) and can be purchased here: http://jplay.eu/buy-now/
SPECIAL OFFER for existing JPLAY customers!For a limited time (until end of November 2018) all existing JPLAY customers can upgrade to JPLAY FEMTO for only 49 EUR! Please use this PayPal button to purchase the upgrade: (please note your email has to match the one used when buying JPLAY - only verified existing JPLAY customers are eligible for this special offer)
- JPLAY FEMTO UPnP renderer converts a PC into a hi-end audio endpoint
- JPLAY femtoServer UPnP media server converts a PC into a hi-end music server
- Smallest buffer of any music player (DAC Link 1000Hz)
- Supported Audio Formats: FLAC, WAV, DSD DoP 64/128, DSD Native up to 256 (via ASIO), AIFF, ALAC, M4A, MP3, WMA
- Supported Streaming Platforms: TIDAL, Qobuz (including Sublime hi-rez plan)
- Supported Playback Methods: Kernel Streaming (KS), WASAPI Event Style, ASIO
- Special intel CPU optimized version (user-selectable)
- Gapless Playback
- Supported OS: Windows 8 or later (64-bit only)
JPLAY dual PC mode: how it works & why you need it
The ultimate mode for most demanding audiophilesThe dual PC mode is a configuration where JPLAY is running on 2 PCs in a home network. It offers superior sound quality compared to a setup with just a single PC. Think of a CD integrated player vs. a CD transport + DAC analogy – the latter usually sounds better.
Control PC + Audio PCOne PC can be for general use: web browsing, work, editing photos etc. You run any software player that is compatible with JPLAY and start/stop playback here. You’d usually have your media library (music) here as well. This would be your Control PC. From user’s perspective, it works exactly the same as a single PC setup except that the actual playback happens on a different PC – Audio PC. Audio PC is a PC that connects to your audio system – a USB DAC or any other audio interface compatible with JPLAY (USB-S/PDIF converter or PCI Express sound card). Audio PC can have nothing else installed apart from JPLAY and USB DAC drivers. It can be headless and you don’t have to touch it at all after initial setup, because all playback related parameters are adjusted from JPLAYSettings panel on Control PC (some advanced settings from regedit). Both PCs must be in the same network, but do not have to be located in the same room – you can have Control PC in an office and Audio PC close to your audio system in a living room. Control PC does most of playback related processing and streams music bytes over Ethernet to Audio PC which then outputs them directly to a USB DAC or any other supported device. Because Audio PC needs only a small capacity drive for the operating system, JPLAY and essential drivers, it’s easy to make it compact and noiseless. You just need to pay attention to a power supply and a USB output in case you use a USB DAC – the higher quality, the better sound you will get. The quality of network components and cabling on both PCs is important as well. OK, almost everything can have an effect on playback quality in a computer audio system, but this is a story for another article.
SetupInstall JPLAY on both Control PC & Audio PC and restart the PCs. Make sure DAC is connected to Audio PC, switched on and drivers for the DAC are installed. Open JPLAYSettings panel on Control PC and click on the button next to Audio PC until you see ‘Search my LAN for JPLAY’. Confirm by clicking OK to initiate search. Few seconds later ‘Found JPLAY on 1 computer’ message should be displayed. Click OK, reopen JPLAYSettings panel, select your Audio PC (IP address) and adjust output parameters. All compatible audio devices connected to your Audio PC will be listed as if they were connected directly to Control PC.
Tips & tricks for best sound
- Use JPLAY Hibernate mode. Shuts down almost all Windows processes during playback on Audio PC and ensures highest sound quality.
- Use Windows 8 or later on both PCs to access JPLAY’s best playback engine, UltraStream and JPLAYStreamer.
- Even better results can be achieved with Windows Server 2012 or 2016. If you have it at least on Audio PC, you can improve sound further by switching to Core mode (manually or via Audiophile Optimizer tool)
- Disable power saving features for network adapters and USB ports on both PCs to prevent dropouts.
- As ControlPC is doing most of the processing, it should be more powerful than Audio PC (same specification for both PCs is fine too).
- Dedicated Audio PC with only JPLAY and DAC drivers on it will sound better than Audio PC that has many applications installed.
- Disable JPLAYStreamer service on Audio PC from Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services. You need it only on Control PC.
- Quality of hardware components and power supplies is important for both PCs – use audio grade components such as JCAT on both PCs and get better sound.
- Use wired Ethernet connection. It’s more reliable and will sound better, especially if you use a high quality LAN cable.
- Set network connection speed to 1Gbit/s if it’s supported.
- High quality network adapter such as JCAT NET Card on both PCs will greatly improve sound.
- Use direct LAN cable connection between Control PC & Audio PC (requires setting a static IP at least on Audio PC). If direct connection is not possible, use audio grade network switch between PCs.
- Network connection between Control PC and Audio PC should be on a dedicated subnet. E.g. if connection from Control PC to home network is on 192.168.1.x subnet, make sure to set IP addresses for network adapters that connect Control PC & Audio PC to 192.168.2.x. This way traffic for JPLAY dual PC mode is completely isolated from home network.