#1 Dev

Dev

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 08 October 2022 - 11:06 PM

After several emails back and forth with the Bubble support for the past several weeks, they finally agreed to fix the "grid" view with Jplay femto server. The grid view works with other upnp severs, like minimserver (and I have tested it as well) but not with jplay femto. It looks like jplay does not set the proper upnp container type on folders and returns all the folders as albums folders and hence grid view is not available for them.

If you have a large collection of library, the grid view comes very handy as it can effectively utilizes the screen space much better rendering more albums and needing to scroll less. You can also to toggle back and forth with the list vs grid view to your liking. It was nice of them to add the feature.

There is one more feature that I would like is the search function but as I understand, it needs to be supported on the server side, which looks like jplay doesn't. Not sure if this enhancement can be incorporated efficiently in jplay femto without sacrificing the sound quality, @marcin, any thoughts ?

The update 3.6.10 was release today and for some reason the update seems to sound just a tad bit better in my setup, YMMV.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

• Marcin_gps, BernieK, Thuan and 1 other like this

#2 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationSillycon Valley

Posted 09 October 2022 - 03:20 AM

Thank you Dev for pushing the features. Now BubbleUPnP competes even more favorably against Hi-Fi Cast.
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#3 bubbleguuum

bubbleguuum

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 09:20 AM

BubbleUPnP Developer here.

Please please please, JPLay devs, fix your UPnP containers upnp:class in DIDL-Lite:

instead of setting every container to object.container.album.musicAlbum, set only containers actually holding an album

to object.container.album.musicAlbum and all other parent containers to object.container.

• Dev likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users