Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationPedreguer , Alicante , España

Posted 15 December 2022 - 08:17 AM

What do you mean valid processors?
What are the difference between E1200 and E2100 series?
Could you explain better please?
What particular hardware (motherboard and cpu) would you recommend and why?
Many thanks
Antonio

https://www.supermic...rboard/x11sca-f
https://www.asus.com...tation/p10s-ws/
Each motherboard is designed for specific components, not all of them can be used. If you open the two links that I have posted, you will see that the Supermicro can take Intel Xeon processors that are different from the Asus, as well as RAM memory that, for example, is non-ECC. When I selected Asus P10S WS and Xeon E 1235 L V5 it was because it was recommended in this forum . Carlos
  • Ben Webster likes this
HDPLEX H5 ,Intel Xeon E3 1235L v5 , Asus P10S WS , 16 GB RAM ECC Apacer , 2 SSD M.2 FEMTO NVME , LPS PLIXIR ELITE BDC 5 V. 4 A. ,JCAT USB XE , JCAT NET XE ,2 JCAT NET Isolator,3 Supra ethernet y 1 Final Touch Audio Metis ethernet , JCAT USB-LAN Ground Conditioner ,JCAT ÓPTIMO 3 DUO 2 x 5 voltios , 2 JCAT Enhancer USB , PSU JCAT OPTIMO S ATX, Hub Orico ( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios ) 3 X 4 TB W.D. Caviar , Final Touch Audio Sinope USB cable 1 m. , Ubiquiti Edgerouter X( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios ) AP Aruba ( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios whith ldovr DXP-IA5S) ,cables interconnection CC Neotech JSS360 - Oyaide ,Devialet 400 with Sam 100% Audio Physic Cardeas plus, digital cable interconnection amplifiers Devialet silver-gold alloy Wires 4 Music Osiris 1 m.,Kimber kable select 3033 2.5 m., Audio Physic Cardeas plus, 2 furniture Artesania Audio, installation electric solar 48 Volt, with converter sine wave pure victron 5000 W. Power cables CA Oyaide EE/F-S2.6 V2 Cuper 102 SSC FEP whit Furutech FI-50E /FI-50 NCR R .
Windows 10 Enterprices 2019 LTSC , JPLAY FEMTO , KS Devialet , ultrastream, DAC Link 700 Hz , throtlle ON , Hibernate ON . 0,5 ms. , Jplay IOS UPNP , Fidelizer 8.10 Pro

#142 hw90

hw90

Beginner

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLondon\UK

Posted 15 December 2022 - 05:10 PM

Was lucky to get on sale tested all working fine.

Attached Files

• Carlosoptico likes this

#143 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 07:56 PM

I really like the new Jplay IOS application, for its sound and for the user experience. That's why I decided it was time to give Qobuz a try, with its 30-day free trial. I was surprised at how good it sounds, almost on par with local storage, which in my case is an M.2 NVME Femto drive powered by Plixir Elite and quad-star DC cable with Mundorf silver-gold alloy wire and shield JSS360 . What perhaps surprised me the most is that there are all the records and artists that I have searched for, some of them very old and only released in Spain. I have taken the opportunity to catch up with music in Spanish by current artists, such as C Tangana (fusion of Spanish song with rap, the child Josele (flamenco guitarist) especially on the album tribute to Billy Evans "Paz", Orishas (hip -Cuban hop) and many others like Residente, Alba Molina, Javiera Mena, etc. Also records from my youth like Derribos Arias, Pau Riba, Jaume Sisa or the prematurely deceased Nino Bravo. The ones from Qobuz take approximately 12 seconds to start, probably because my ADSL is via satellite and always has a delay, which ADSL does not have over fiber, although in the case of Qobuz it is longer. On the other hand, have at your disposal all known music is ideal for meetings or parties with friends , where someone always wants to listen to a file that you do not have in the local storage .It is also very interesting to be able to search for a specific recording , to which it refers erence a reviewer for music magazines. On the other hand, the price to pay, after the free trial period, is in line with what platforms such as Netflix mark.Carlos
HDPLEX H5 ,Intel Xeon E3 1235L v5 , Asus P10S WS , 16 GB RAM ECC Apacer , 2 SSD M.2 FEMTO NVME , LPS PLIXIR ELITE BDC 5 V. 4 A. ,JCAT USB XE , JCAT NET XE ,2 JCAT NET Isolator,3 Supra ethernet y 1 Final Touch Audio Metis ethernet , JCAT USB-LAN Ground Conditioner ,JCAT ÓPTIMO 3 DUO 2 x 5 voltios , 2 JCAT Enhancer USB , PSU JCAT OPTIMO S ATX, Hub Orico ( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios ) 3 X 4 TB W.D. Caviar , Final Touch Audio Sinope USB cable 1 m. , Ubiquiti Edgerouter X( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios ) AP Aruba ( alimentación CC solar 12 voltios whith ldovr DXP-IA5S) ,cables interconnection CC Neotech JSS360 - Oyaide ,Devialet 400 with Sam 100% Audio Physic Cardeas plus, digital cable interconnection amplifiers Devialet silver-gold alloy Wires 4 Music Osiris 1 m.,Kimber kable select 3033 2.5 m., Audio Physic Cardeas plus, 2 furniture Artesania Audio, installation electric solar 48 Volt, with converter sine wave pure victron 5000 W. Power cables CA Oyaide EE/F-S2.6 V2 Cuper 102 SSC FEP whit Furutech FI-50E /FI-50 NCR R .
Windows 10 Enterprices 2019 LTSC , JPLAY FEMTO , KS Devialet , ultrastream, DAC Link 700 Hz , throtlle ON , Hibernate ON . 0,5 ms. , Jplay IOS UPNP , Fidelizer 8.10 Pro

#144 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 08:05 PM

Sorry about the last post, I've gotten a gremlin slip on me.Carlos

#145 hw90

hw90

Beginner

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLondon\UK

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:56 PM

Hello everyone,

Especially those whose using FEMTO SSD with Euphony V4 !!!!

Took me a couple of weeks to understand that Euphony default settings still buffering to RAM which sounds not as good as Femto SSD...

For now, in Settings - System - Expert Settings - Buffering RAM (GB) Set to   0   ( Zero GB)  which after every song comes back with a yellow error No enough space for 100% buffering...

What I hear in music is a huge difference as it plays from femto SSD with no buffering to RAM.

If someone using the system with Femto SSD and Euphony v4 please confirm

Thanks

• sigitask likes this

#146 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:58 PM

My experience with Qobuz ended after three months of use. It has helped me to meet new artists and I have even bought some records. But although its performance has improved with the new updates of Jplay IOS , my ADSL Satellite sometimes disconnects and the music stopped playing .
On the other hand I have about 11TB of music folders, of which I've only heard about 5TB.
Since at the beginning Qobuz had a lot of dropouts , I changed the Jcat Net XE card to the second PCIe lane , where the Jcat USB XE card used to be , which goes directly to the CPU , to see if it improved and there were not so many dropouts . It didn't improve it but at the SQ level it didn't make it worse either and that's how I have it now. Later on I will swap the Jcat XE cards again to see if there is any influence on the SQ.
Since I don't stream anymore, once the Jplay IOS app opens, I remove the RJ-45 cable coming from the Internet provider and my Local Network (audio only) has no Internet access, which increases the SQ. I also do not have the wireless USB of the mouse and keyboard connected, the HDMI cable or the DC cable (12 volts from the solar system) of the LCD monitor. Qobuz sounded great , but the drives I bought there , stored on the Femto NVME SSD sound better .
Currently the Plixir feeds the SSD with the OS and the Jcat Net XE card and the Optimo 3 Duo the SSD with the library and the Jcat USB XE card. I do not rule out returning to use Qobuz in a while. Carlos
  • Marcin_gps and sigitask like this

#147 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 August 2023 - 09:53 PM

In the last few months, I have made 5 improvements that have greatly increased the performance of my music playback system. I will comment on them according to the date of introduction, but they had a multiplicative effect; with each new introduction, much more SQ. The first , the replacement of the Totaldac USB cable with the Final Touch Audio Sinope cable . The second, the JCAT IOS UPNP Application. The third, the replacement of the common Ghentaudio RJ-45 cable with a Final Touch Audio Metis cable. The fourth, relocate the side absorbent panels in the first reflection of the listening chair and add two more on the ceiling, also for the first reflection. The fifth, the replacement of speaker pins and discs with the large gliders from Herbie's Audio Labs. After spending several years dedicated only to improving the Hardware, it was logical to continue improving the communication interfaces with the audio system and updating the listening room. I think that a system like mine, with a high quality reproduction source, but medium-high class amplification, cables, DC power supplies and speakers, bought at bargain prices, but adjusted in all the small details, It has come to sound the same or better than great world-class equipment that multiplies the price of mine by 10 or 20, that are not adjusted in all the sections that are involved in an audio reproduction system. I am happy with the evolution that this adventure has had. Very happy and it is hard for me to close the Jplay app and turn off the system every day.Carlos
  • Marcin_gps, BernieK, Thuan and 1 other like this

#148 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • LocationSillycon Valley

Posted 28 August 2023 - 08:59 AM

Congratulations on the new achievements in SQ and music enjoyment, Carlos!
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#149 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 11:00 AM

Since I don't have space to put more pictures, I leave you this link

https://audiophilest...comment=1252738

#150 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 12:37 PM

I love it! What music do you usually listen to? How do you describe the sound specifically?
WS2019 core, AO3 (1A/2D), JPLAY/JCAT XE/iOS, ES/TC, Xeon CPU, Industrial ECC RAM, Gustard X26, Singxer SU6, Linkwitz Pluto 2.1+

#151 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 01:58 PM

I love it! What music do you usually listen to? How do you describe the sound specifically?

I like almost all genres of music, except reggaeton. What I listen to the most is Jazz (Ahmad Jamal, Miles Davis, Bill Evans, John Coltrane, Marcus Miller, Oscar Petterson, Manu Cache, Keith Jarrett, etc.), that is, all the classics and also more contemporary ones that I add to my collection, with a lot of jazz-fusion, like Niño Josele with his album Peace, a flamenco tribute to Bill Evans. Now I listen to more and more Classical music, especially the Russian ones, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, etc. Thanks to Qobuz I have discovered Jack Johnson , Janelle Monáe , C. Tangana , Technotronic , Patricia Kopatchinskaja and thanks to you Thuan , the album The Royal Ballet , which I love . The sound that I like is that it has a great sound scene, with depth and a perfect placement of the musicians, where you can follow the interpretation of each musician, regardless of the volume at which they are playing, with real timbres and environments and with an extra point in bass note reproduction, but without false bass or rumble. And if the record is live , that I move there . Finally , a reproduction as real as possible .Carlos

#152 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 03:09 PM

Replacing the original dowels and Horizon discs under the A.P. Cardeas Plus , by Herbie's Audio Lab Threaded Stud Glider ( € 37.95 / unit , giant model , with M8 40mm thread ) has forever banished any hint of dark sound . In addition, moving the loudspeaker weighing more than 70 kg in any position is now very easy, not like before when you had to go up and remove the dowels, remove the horizon discs, move the speaker, reposition the horizon disc, center the hole center of the disc through the hole in the speaker foot , put the dowel back in , do this 8 times and finally level each speaker . A job for people with a lot of time and hobby. But the most important thing, and what I didn't count on, is that low-pitched rumbles on the floor below, which were being transmitted through the ground to the structure of the building, have disappeared. Once in place and with the speakers in the same position, there was a gain of mid and high frequencies and a small loss of low frequencies, which I have solved by moving the speakers a little closer to the side walls, without the discomfort appearing on the lower floor . Highly recommended.Carlos

#153 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 09:23 PM

Thank you Carlos for your responses. Speaking of classical music, you might want to check out Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade. There’re quite a number of versions available on Qobuz, performed and conducted by different orchestras and conductors.

#154 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 05:53 AM

Thank you Carlos for your responses. Speaking of classical music, you might want to check out Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade. There’re quite a number of versions available on Qobuz, performed and conducted by different orchestras and conductors.

Yes , it has been one of my favorites for a long time , currently I have Munch 's version on my library 's SSD , although I have 6 more versions and almost all of his compositions . Normally it gives me one author, I put all his works on the SSD and then I spend a few months with them until it gives me another author. Currently I am with Shostakovich and Petrenko with the Berliner Philharmoniker Orchestra , but some time ago I went through Mozart , Beethoven , Bach , Vivaldi etc . Having only 330 GB in the server library, I have to choose between the 11 TB stored on 3 WD Caviar hard drives that I keep in the metal box that is placed under the HD PLEX case in the photo of the racks

#155 sigitask

sigitask

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:44 AM

I started to create similar project on P10S-WS and Xeon I3-1240L V5. Trying sound card Pink Faun SPDIF bridge. With Win 10 enterprice 2022 it works perfect, with Euphony Stylus V3 and V4, sound starts and after 1-2 sec stack and start repeat same 1 or 2 sec long motive. Has any one similar experience?

#156 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 01:15 PM

I started to create similar project on P10S-WS and Xeon I3-1240L V5. Trying sound card Pink Faun SPDIF bridge. With Win 10 enterprice 2022 it works perfect, with Euphony Stylus V3 and V4, sound starts and after 1-2 sec stack and start repeat same 1 or 2 sec long motive. Has any one similar experience?

My experience is only with Windows 10 Business 2019 LTSC with JPLAY FEMTO and Fidelizer, with Bubble Upnp and Jcat IOS Upnp as control applications and I have never had problems like the ones you have.
  • sigitask likes this

#157 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 03:57 PM

Sounds pretty much to me that the card is Windows compatible but not so with Euphony Stylus. I’d definitely check with Pink Faun and/or their forums.

#158 sigitask

sigitask

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 04:17 PM

Sounds pretty much to me that the card is Windows compatible but not so with Euphony Stylus. I’d definitely check with Pink Faun and/or their forums.

Yes probably right. Pink Faun is not suported by Euphony on Intel CPU. Probably only AMD works for this set

#159 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 08:25 AM

https://www.whatsbes...372/post-921795

#160 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:04 PM

Now my LPS, Optimo 3 Duo and Plixir Elite BDC, have the same AC cable and also the same DC cables, with Mundorf silver/gold alloy wire, same architecture and with Oyaide terminals, so the conclusions when comparing them are much more objective, with some differences to the conclusions of the test carried out by Audio Bacon. The first and main thing is that the Optimo 3 Duo has more and better bass, with more texture and definition. In the Resolution and Texture section, it was true that the Plixir won with the original cables, but only in the mids and highs, due to the general tone, which was very forced and unnatural. With Mundorf cables, these two sections are practically at the same level, with the advantage for the Optimo, in the way that the sound images have, much more palpable, saturated and 3D. The Depth is also equalized. Only the Plixir stands out in the Width of the stage and slightly in the Treble. In the end I am powering the NVME FEMTO SSD with the OS. and the XE cards with the Optimo, which is where the influence of the LPS is most noticeable, while the NVME FEMTO SSD with the OXCO MASTER library and clock, I feed it with the Plixir.
  • Marcin_gps and Mellowman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users