• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationJPN

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:03 AM

How I made mine visible in Upplay:

1. in cmd typed:

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

2.  restart the computer

3. In Device Manager/Network adapters section/right-click on wireless network adapter/ Power Management tab

uncheck the option saying “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“.

Two Microsoft virtual adapters added.

OK, will try this tonight and see what happens.

Thanks hamsi for update.

#62 hamsi

hamsi

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

OK, will try this tonight and see what happens.

Thanks hamsi for update.

It works on Windows 10.

There is a remark on Microsoft's web page:

This Netsh command is new in Windows Server 2008 R2 and cannot be run on computers running Windows Server 2008

This command requires administrator privileges on the local computer.

#63 leguillou85

leguillou85

Beginner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hello and thank you to the people who help me ....
Well ... really, I can not make it work with this choice !!!
Jplaystreamer is always running and nothing happens?
I'm stopping and restarting Jplaystreamer manual: Nothing happens.

#64 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

Marcin ...

When I was having issues with playback in that it couldn't change from one track to the next, you mentioned that this could happen with external USB drives. I am having this issue with one of my external drives but only when playing DSD files. Is there a setting that I can change in JPLAY that might resolve this?

Thanks

Intel NUC 10 Performance Mini PC (Control PC & Audio PC) / Windows Server 2019 / Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 / Process Lasso Server Pro / HungryBear's TrustedClean 3.1 (RAM Disk) (Control PC and Audio PC) / ExtremeStabilizer 100 Network (RAM Disk) (Control PC) / ExtremeStabilizer 100 Local (RAM Disk) (Audio PC) / JPlay Femto, JPLAY Femto Streamer / Singxer SU-1 S/PDIF Converter / Paul Pang Switch, ifi iPower Supply / Uptone Audio USB Regen, ifi iPower Supply / Apple iPad 2021 64GB / JPLAY for iOS / Naim Audio nDAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS / Linn Sondek LP12, Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio ARO, Linn Troika / Naim Audio CDS2, Naim Audio XPS / Naim Audio NAT02 / Naim Audio NAC52, Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio NAP250 / Naim Audio SBLs

#65 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

Try lowering DAC Link and increasing PC Buffer. 

JPLAY for iOS: the new reference hi-fi app. 

JCAT: streaming specific products for high-end audio

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#66 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

Try lowering DAC Link and increasing PC Buffer. 

I changed to DAC Link 1 and PC Buffer 5. It managed to play through the DSD album that was previously causing problems but when I played a 16/44 album, playback stopped after a couple of tracks. I figured that the resolution of the tracks being played was not necessarily the issue so I tried several different combinations of DAC Link/PC Buffer setting. I still couldn't get to a situation that provided reliable playback of a whole album.

I figured I would try something else. On my Control PC, I am running Fidelizer in Consumer Level. On my Audio PC I run Purist Level. My Audio PC has a limited specification of Intel i3/4GB RAM so I figured I would change from Purist Level to Consumer on the Audio PC as well. I set DAC Link to 2.5 and PC Buffer to 2. It is played through 70% of a 16/44 album without stopping. Fingers crossed!

Intel NUC 10 Performance Mini PC (Control PC & Audio PC) / Windows Server 2019 / Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 / Process Lasso Server Pro / HungryBear's TrustedClean 3.1 (RAM Disk) (Control PC and Audio PC) / ExtremeStabilizer 100 Network (RAM Disk) (Control PC) / ExtremeStabilizer 100 Local (RAM Disk) (Audio PC) / JPlay Femto, JPLAY Femto Streamer / Singxer SU-1 S/PDIF Converter / Paul Pang Switch, ifi iPower Supply / Uptone Audio USB Regen, ifi iPower Supply / Apple iPad 2021 64GB / JPLAY for iOS / Naim Audio nDAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS / Linn Sondek LP12, Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio ARO, Linn Troika / Naim Audio CDS2, Naim Audio XPS / Naim Audio NAT02 / Naim Audio NAC52, Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio NAP250 / Naim Audio SBLs

#67 debianx

debianx

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationJPN

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:45 AM

How I made mine visible in Upplay:

1. in cmd typed:

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

2.  restart the computer

3. In Device Manager/Network adapters section/right-click on wireless network adapter/ Power Management tab

uncheck the option saying “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“.

Two Microsoft virtual adapters added.

Thanks for the real good info's, hamsi.

I needed to install and enable wireless lan service to follow above.

Below is how to do;

Enabling the Wireless LAN Service

https://technet.micr...8(v=ws.11).aspx

Share and Enjoy!

#68 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

Upplay was working fine yesterday. When I ran it this morning, playback is fine although I have lost the album cover artwork image in the top left hand corner, the name of the album and track playing and the functionality of the track progress bar showing time elapsed and allowed me to move to a different part of the track. I use JRiver Media Center as a DLNA media server and JPLAYStreamer. I have checked the JRiver Media Center and JPLAY settings and nothing has changed from yesterday. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Upplay without success. I have selected 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' as Network interface in UPPlay's Preferences (It works with Wireless LAN enabled). Can anyone please suggest how to solve the problem with missing display. Thank you

#69 HansS

HansS

Beginner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

+1.... I have exact same issue. Upplay with Jplaystreamer and Minimizer plays very fine with chosen Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter, butt no artwork, time countdown etc.. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ...

#70 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:19 PM

+1.... I have exact same issue. Upplay with Jplaystreamer and Minimizer plays very fine with chosen Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter, butt no artwork, time countdown etc.. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ...

Correct - this will not work, but it sounds better

#71 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

It's a pity that once again, we seem to have to make the choice between optimal sound quality and convenience. One day some enterprising soul is going to write and market a player that offers the best of both worlds!

#72 HansS

HansS

Beginner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

I can live with that... most important of course is SQ. And Upplay brings a lot more of that.. Unfortunately not with Qobuz.. Perhaps in future?

#73 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

Attached File  foo_upnp.jpg   87.53KB   3 downloads

New/old favorite. Foobar2000 + foo_upnp plugin as a control point for JPLAYStreamer + MinimServer.

It doesn't show playlist and can play only 16/44 tracks, but if you care about SQ, give it a go.  

Quick start:

From the top 'View' drop-down menu choose UPnP Browser and then UPnP Controller

In UPnP Browser window you select MinimServer and in UPnP Controller window you select JPLAYStreamer. 

To start playback drag and drop album/folder from UPnP Browser window (MinimServer) to UPnP Controller window (JPLAYStreamer). 

Not exactly the user friendly, but if you listen you might not care about the rest

Cheers, 

Marcin

#74 Armsan

Armsan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

Upplay 1.2.7 is out.
Enjoy!

Pink Faun 2.16x server with Pink Faun Ultra clocks and USB Bridge Card. JCAT Net Femto. MSB Pro USB for MPD and Cantata control point installed in a Pink Faun AV Streamer with Windows 7. DHCP server installed in this second machine and also Minimserver for MSB Reference Transport and Renderer V2, controlled by Upplay. All wired connected. No Wi-Fi.

MSB Select DAC II (33 Femto clock, 2 mono PSUs) and Reference Transport. One Torus Power AVR16 for analogue world and other one for digital world. Accuphase  A-250 monos. TAD Ref One speakers. Van den Hul 3T The Cumulus cables.

#75 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

Upplay 1.2.7 is out.
Enjoy!

1.2.7 is Linux only, and the Windows version is still 1.2.5-w1, correct?

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

#76 Armsan

Armsan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

You're right. Sorry. it's only for a few of us.

Pink Faun 2.16x server with Pink Faun Ultra clocks and USB Bridge Card. JCAT Net Femto. MSB Pro USB for MPD and Cantata control point installed in a Pink Faun AV Streamer with Windows 7. DHCP server installed in this second machine and also Minimserver for MSB Reference Transport and Renderer V2, controlled by Upplay. All wired connected. No Wi-Fi.

MSB Select DAC II (33 Femto clock, 2 mono PSUs) and Reference Transport. One Torus Power AVR16 for analogue world and other one for digital world. Accuphase  A-250 monos. TAD Ref One speakers. Van den Hul 3T The Cumulus cables.

#77 debianx

debianx

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationJPN

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for the real good info's, hamsi.

I needed to install and enable wireless lan service to follow above.

Below is how to do;

Enabling the Wireless LAN Service

https://technet.micr...8(v=ws.11).aspx

Share and Enjoy!

This works on GUI mode but no success on core mode (single PC).

Anyone works upplay on core mode?

#78 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKawasaki, JAPAN

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

Hello, I was skeptical about the sound quality differences by control point app.

But, as practices are more important than logics in audio, I was going to install Upplay on my desktop. But, the installing finished unsuccessfully. The warning says that the new folder for Upplay cannot be made. I know that here is not appropriate place to ask this, but if someone knows that this is common issue, and how to fix is known, please let me know.

By the way, what could be the logic of sound quality differences by control point app? If the app is located one of the PCs of playing JPLAY, I could understand that CPU usage of control app. would make the dfferences. However, I am going to install it, on another desktop PC, which is not used for JPLAY; not Audio PC, nor Control PC. Do you still think it would make a dfference in sounds? I thought that what contorl point app does is to direct which PC to stream what to which PC, based on OpenHome Media protocol.

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

https://www.cheetarh.com/

#79 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKawasaki, JAPAN

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:27 AM

Continued...

The issue of installation was solved by the instruction on the Upplay page, saying below.

(right-click and choose "Run as administrator")

As for the sound quality, I was simply surprised. As everyone says, the sounds become less noisy, more quiet, and more transparent. In my ears, this "Upplay Effects" continues as long as Upplay is up on one of a PC in the same LAN, even if I actually use Kinsky on iPad, and even if Kazoo on the Audio PC is showing the album art.

Do you agree?

What is the logics behind it???

I first tested by closing all control apps. other than testing one.

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

https://www.cheetarh.com/

#80 debianx

debianx

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationJPN

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Continued...

The issue of installation was solved by the instruction on the Upplay page, saying below.

(right-click and choose "Run as administrator")

As for the sound quality, I was simply surprised. As everyone says, the sounds become less noisy, more quiet, and more transparent. In my ears, this "Upplay Effects" continues as long as Upplay is up on one of a PC in the same LAN, even if I actually use Kinsky on iPad, and even if Kazoo on the Audio PC is showing the album art.

Do you agree?

What is the logics behind it???

I first tested by closing all control apps. other than testing one.

Hi cheeTarh,

You gave me good point to me at least.

I've been used Upplay as my first player behind Bug head/IB recently for a SinglePC core mode.

And Upplay at this SinglePC while Minimserver running at another 32bit PC.

I came to know why not Upplay run at this 32bit PC.

Bingo! It's working wonderfully now.

Thank you so much for your good post.

Now my problem should be solved and SQ will be more following below.

Marcin wrote (#48);

"Choosing 'Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter' as Network interface in UPPlay's Preferences

instead of the network interface you usually use, sounds even better here."

Next is my working with iPad remote control.

I'm using Splash now.

Kohjin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users