40 replies to this topic

#1 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 12:24 AM

I don't want to think about how long it's been since I've posted on one of these pages.

I had been an avid user of Hiroyuki's software as well as a donor to him for the excellent product he produced.

And now, to my surprise, I find that I can use the Linux versions of LE and MC on my NAS and like them a lot.

Two questions:

1. I see two instances each of LE and MC in the listing of services on my NAS. For the Linux version (and I realize most of you are Windows users), is this correct or should there only be one instance of each service running?

2. When I looked up these services on my NAS, I saw they were all "sleeping". Is that normal or should they be active over some period of time?

Thanks in advance for your help and I'm glad to be back in the land of software enhancements.

I certainly love this one.

Joel

#2 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Germany

Posted 03 April 2022 - 01:18 PM

Does anyone know how to install MC 28x for Linux on a Synology NAS with DSM 7???

( Alienware M17 R3 - Windows Server 2025 Build 26085 - Synology DS220+ - Roon/HQPlayer 5.x.x + recent MC/ES - RME ADI2 - DAC FS (AK 4493) - Abacus Line Driver XLR - Genelec 8340 APM )

#3 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:48 AM

First of all, I'd like to ask BernieK if starting a brand new thread dedicated to the Linux version of MC and LE were actually a good idea?

Since this particular thread were started back in the day when only Windows version of MC were available, let's just keep it that way while those of us who really need to learn more about the Linux version won't have to dig right through 140 pages (and counting) of posts.

IMHO it's gotta be so much easier for our fellow forum members to go through a separate thread whenever we're trying to get MC and LE working on a Linux-based NAS.

Please feel free to chime in if anyone were also preferring two different threads for two versions of MC and LE, thank you.

Other than oryaaaaa-san's blog and Facebook page, he's also a member of the ファイルウェブ コミュニティ (Phile-web Community) while recently he's sharing some tips for running MC and LE on a Linux-based Synology NAS with either Intel or AMD (i.e. any processors from Annapurna Labs / Freescale / Marvell / Mindspeed / Realtek / STM won't work at all) processors

What kind of CPU does my Synology NAS have?

(Please move my post over to another thread if that were created later, many thanks.)

• billgr and y4r1k like this

#4 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 12:09 AM

First of all, I'd like to ask BernieK if starting a brand new thread dedicated to the Linux version of MC and LE were actually a good idea?

Since this particular thread were started back in the day when only Windows version of MC were available, let's just keep it that way while those of us who really need to learn more about the Linux version won't have to dig right through 140 pages (and counting) of posts.

IMHO it's gotta be so much easier for our fellow forum members to go through a separate thread whenever we're trying to get MC and LE working on a Linux-based NAS.

Please feel free to chime in if anyone were also preferring two different threads for two versions of MC and LE, thank you.

Other than oryaaaaa-san's blog and Facebook page, he's also a member of the ファイルウェブ コミュニティ (Phile-web Community) while recently he's sharing some tips for running MC and LE on a Linux-based Synology NAS with either Intel or AMD (i.e. any processors from Annapurna Labs / Freescale / Marvell / Mindspeed / Realtek / STM won't work at all) processors

What kind of CPU does my Synology NAS have?

(Please move my post over to another thread if that were created later, many thanks.)

Is this the right way to run MC on Synology? ( The translation from japanese to german wasn't clear enough for me to understand )

bash /volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean281 start.sh
start.sh /volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean281 &
bash /usr/desktop/start.sh

( Alienware M17 R3 - Windows Server 2025 Build 26085 - Synology DS220+ - Roon/HQPlayer 5.x.x + recent MC/ES - RME ADI2 - DAC FS (AK 4493) - Abacus Line Driver XLR - Genelec 8340 APM )

#5 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 03:10 PM

Basically each shell script should have only a single line of code as shown below, let's say we're creating a file called start282.sh (do *NOT* save it as start282.sh.txt) with Notepad under Windows and then we could copy start282.sh to Synology NAS afterwards

/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean282 &

Any older / newer versions of MC should look almost the same, we'll create another shell script called start281.sh while making sure that we've copied MajorityClean281 to /volume1/Audio accordingly

/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean281 &

Most likely it should be just a matter of following similar instructions for other tasks mentioned below

Task Scheduler | DSM - Synology Knowledge Center

https://kb.synology....duler?version=7

FYI - here's yet another diary and it's talking about timeout

#6 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:08 PM

I want to make a request from the members of this forum.

I'm going to mention an idea suggested by my dear friend Alex Peychev of APL in Bulgaria that I believe takes orya-san's scripts to another level.

I've found orya-san's work to be excellent, selfless and not nearly well enough compensated.

I've recently sent him a donation of $50 for his work. I hope, after you've tried the following suggestion, you'll do the same or whatever you feel is fair.

I'm running MC 282 / LE 44 IN ADDITION to MC 281 / LE 43 all at the same time.

For the LE scripts, in General Settings, in Pre-task, list the corresponding MC version you're running.

I would have thought, especially after my previous post about turning off the scripts, that less would be more.

But not in this case. Somehow, the simultaneous combination of all four scripts produces an absolutely remarkable and natural sound in my and Alex's systems.

Again, if you try this combination (or even if you don't) and appreciate the orya-san's work, please send him a donation.

Accepted by Amazon Gifts in Japan.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/gc

Joel

• Thuan likes this

#7 oryaaaaa

oryaaaaa

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 07:58 AM

Hello, This is LE/MC developer.

Until MC268, moving the electronic bit reference every cycles improved the situation. There was a problem, it stopped improving over time. I changed to the LE series, which operates with a structure that does not allocate cores; a structure that works like the MC268 can be achieved by multiple executions of LE/MC. The current multiple execution is effective because it is difficult to improve by running 4 threads in one EXE. 

The reason I wanted an Amazon gift is that I am having sound balance issues with my Denon amp and need a replacement amp. I am considering TOPPING MX5 as a possible replacement, but xDuoo MT-603 can be bought with my current funds. It is a subject of concern because it is difficult to compare the fine sound with in the sound of vacuum tubes. The speakers are custom-made speakers commissioned from a private manufacturer of handmade speakers, and I have used these speakers without any problems.

Windows confirmed that the LE41/LE43/LE44 processes were functional with concurrent execution. I think this is better. LE45/MC283, I would like to develop a structural concept like MC268 to achieve the same level of sound quality in one thread.

Thank you.

• mkmind and VonBrechts like this

#8 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:26 AM

Just now, straight from the man himself:

"Rewrite data 4.37 for Linux console release": http://www.mics.ne.j...Clean/#download

Operation testing has not yet been done on the NAS, so please use it
with extreme caution. anyone can request this specification for the
Windows version by email. If you make it without anyone's request, I
will cause severe harassment from others solution users.

orya-san

Now, for those of us who are not familiar with Linux console commands on a Synology NAS, a little help would be greatly appreciated.

For example, I assume that the rewrite function would also work on the Roon core program but I'm not sure. If it would, I'd love to know how to include it.

I'm also caching my files to a couple of Optane cards built into my NAS not knowing how or if the rewrite function would apply to them.

Again, any help in these regards would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

#9 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:28 AM

Further to my previous message, this from the license file:

$./RD_INPUT
Drag and drop
Set
[Create 1234.txt] RewriteData437 execute folders

$./RewriteData437 1234
RewriteData console target 1234.txt

I don't have NAS Linux.
Target user is Synology DiskStation DS720+ users.
M.2 NVME PCIE SSD
Rewrite recommend target is PCIE SSD.

Synology DSM task scheduler, control service - task scheduler,
task - user scripts
"bash <PATH>/startMC.sh"

Edit <PATH>/startMC.sh
echo "Startup MC LE scripts"
sleep 2
<PATH>/RewriteData437 1234
sleep 180
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest41 &
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest43 &
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest44 &
<PATH>/MajiorityClean279 &
<PATH>/MajiorityClean281 &
<PATH>/MajiorityClean282 &
echo "Finished MC LE scripts"

Edit <PATH>/1234.txt
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest41
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest43
<PATH>/LemonadeElitest44
<PATH>/MajiorityClean279
<PATH>/MajiorityClean281
<PATH>/MajiorityClean282
  • VonBrechts likes this

#10 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone a proper example script to get MC/LE run on SynologyNAS? I'm still not sure if I did it right with the following lines:

bash /volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/start.sh
"start.sh"
/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/LemonadeElitest46 &
/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/MajiorityClean284 &
bash /root/start.sh

MC and LE always appear as 'sleeping' in Synology Task Manager...

#11 joelha

joelha

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 09:31 PM

Has anyone a proper example script to get MC/LE run on SynologyNAS? I'm still not sure if I did it right with the following lines:

bash /volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/start.sh
"start.sh"
/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/LemonadeElitest46 &
/volume1/Audio/MajiorityClean/MajiorityClean284 &
bash /root/start.sh

MC and LE always appear as 'sleeping' in Synology Task Manager...

I had asked orya-san about this some weeks ago and he answered as follows:

"The main thread is always Sleep. The subthread comes back from Sleep every 12 seconds, but Sleeps immediately. So the process can be observed as Sleep: LE executes Cure every 12 seconds, Sleep the rest of the time; MC executes Cure every 12 seconds, Sleep the rest of the time, but Cure is executed in 8 iterations of 2 seconds of Sleep. The physical core uses an action that switches every Sleep.

LE for 2 cores. 2 threads.

MC for 8 cores. 2 threads."

I'm no Linux expert so I can only forward what orya-san wrote me and hope that helps.

Joel

#12 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 10:12 PM

I had asked orya-san about this some weeks ago and he answered as follows:

"The main thread is always Sleep. The subthread comes back from Sleep every 12 seconds, but Sleeps immediately. So the process can be observed as Sleep: LE executes Cure every 12 seconds, Sleep the rest of the time; MC executes Cure every 12 seconds, Sleep the rest of the time, but Cure is executed in 8 iterations of 2 seconds of Sleep. The physical core uses an action that switches every Sleep.

LE for 2 cores. 2 threads.

MC for 8 cores. 2 threads."

I'm no Linux expert so I can only forward what orya-san wrote me and hope that helps.

Joel

Then it seems to be ok when MC/LE stay in bed  :lol:

Thanks for the reply

#13 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:46 AM

Has anyone an idea how to assign an instance of MC/LE to a specific cpu core on a Synology NAS?

#14 hossamyazeed

hossamyazeed

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 10:43 AM

Hello guys , I managed last night to try MC/LE on my Synology DS920+ DSM7.1. steps are below 

1.Create a folder on your synology shared folders "MajiorityClean"

2.Move all the content of the extracted file LE52_MC290_for_Linux_x64.tar.xz to the folder above.

3.Create 2 txt files and name them startMC.txt and StartLE.txt

4. Edite those txt files and add script line "/volumex/Media/MajiorityClean/LemonadeElitest52 &"  for StartLE.txt and "/volumex/Media/MajiorityClean/MajiorityClean290 &" start MC.txt 

Note: replace x/media with your volume number and shared folder name 

5.Rename both txt files to startMC.sh & StartLE.sh 

6. Log-in you diskstation --> control panel --> Task Scheduler --> create --> Scheduled task --> User-defined script 

7.Name the task the name you like , schedule the way you like for me i run it manually . 

8.In the task settings in the Run command section write the command below 

bash /volume3/Media/MajiorityClean/StartMC.sh

9.Repeat step 6 to 8 to create a task for LE , LE command will be 

bash /volume3/Media/MajiorityClean/StartLE.sh

All done , now two new scripts will be shown in  your task scheduler list , right click and run.

I use my synology as a roon server via roon for synology package  &  Audiolinux running HQplayer - squeezelite ( as an Endpoint ) , after running MC/LE on my synology i tried both  squeezelite and HQplayer to check the SQ  what i notice is an improvement in the SQ for the squeezelite but i didn't notice much difference with HQlayer . I will give it another try tonight to see how it goes.

I also tried to run MC/LE using similar scripts for Audiolinux running RT LTS kernel all we went ok &  I can see MC/LE running and PID assigned to them but I noticed no difference in the SQ.

I had no luck at all to run RD_INPUT or RewriteData437 , can someone explain how to run them? I don't get the part of creating the 1234.txt file ?????

#15 kiskaprince

kiskaprince

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 06:21 PM

Is there MC299/LE61 for Linux?

#16 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 08:06 PM

Only MC300/LE62 combo was available as shown below

https://forums.ubunt...=124782#p124782

FYI - we could only find Windows version of MC299/LE61 combo as follows

https://web.archive....022_0718_20.zip

MC295/LE57 (Linux)
74ABC06FEC4309D4
MC300/LE62 + MC301/LE63 + MC302/LE64 (Linux)

Those were the closest ones for Linux.

• kiskaprince likes this

#17 kiskaprince

kiskaprince

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 02:50 PM

Thank you

#18 kiskaprince

kiskaprince

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 10:38 PM

Anyone here try ES38 Linux?

#19 VonBrechts

VonBrechts

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 08:43 AM

Anyone here try ES38 Linux?

I tried it on my Synology NAS (DSM 7.1)...works perfectly and levels up the sq of the system

• kiskaprince likes this

#20 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:42 AM

I've inserted ES38 on Gentooplayer and AudioLinux and the result is very interesting concerning SQ, more solid and profound basses and very good soundstage.

I can find the same effects as my Windows 11 Ultralight config with JPLAY FEMTO.

• steve_salsa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users