2323 replies to this topic

#1641 jeremy.collake

jeremy.collake

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

And all newer versions of Process Lasso can have it's GUI opened by simply typing at the command prompt:

pl <enter> 

(full command is 'pl.cmd')

This was added specifically for AO Core Mode.

Bitsum Technologies - Home of Process Lasso - Real-Time CPU Optimization and Automation

Be Optimal. Be Bitsum.

#1642 ALGA

ALGA

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hi Alga,

Assuming you have Qdir installed on Drive C: you can use the following batch file to start Q-Dir from a Task Manager command prompt in core mode:

@ECHO OFF
C:\"Program Files"\Q-Dir\Q-Dir.exe
EXIT

Paste the above file into Notepad on any PC, then save to a flash drive as File name: Qdir.bat, Save as type: All files (*.*), Encoding: ANSI. Copy this batch file from the flash drive to the Tools subfolder of the AO directory (you will have to switch back to GUI mode to do this).

Return to Core mode and run AO (AO -u).

Once AO has finished optimizing and your Audio PC has rebooted, you should be able to start Qdir by entering "Qdir" (without the quotes) from a command prompt.

Cheers,

Bernie

Hello Bernie

Thank you very very very much. I`ll try it tonight

#1643 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

And all newer versions of Process Lasso can have it's GUI opened by simply typing at the command prompt:

pl <enter> 

(full command is 'pl.cmd')

This was added specifically for AO Core Mode.

...where did you get that brilliant idea from? :)

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

ıllıllı [  AO 3.00 IS HERE.... ] ıllıllı

#1644 RubenV.

RubenV.

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi Phil,

I will probably reinstall my dual server setup upcoming weekend (trials are over and I need to update some software like Tidal anyway, plus the weather will be shitty). Would you still advice to install windows server 2012? I already using AO for quite some time now, version V1.30. When will the newest version be released? IF that is very soon I might wait to upgrade my current setup.

I will probably reinstall my dual server setup upcoming weekend (trials are over and I need to update some software like Tidal anyway, plus the weather will be shitty). Would you still advice to install windows server 2012? I already using AO for quite some time now, version V1.30. When will the newest version be released? If that is very soon I might wait to upgrade my current setup.

- Case: Streacom FC8 Evo                                           - Harddisk: Intel 520 120GB SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3570T Tray                            - Powersupply: PPA dual rail LPSU + batteries
- Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX                                 - USB/SATA/AES cable: PPAstudio RED
- Memory: Crucial BLT4G3D1337DT1TX0CEU 2X 4GB      - PPAstudio CFreader + DDC
- USB card: PPAstudio pci-express usb3.0 card             

- DAC: dCS Paganini                                                   - Speakers: Linkwitz LX521 + Thor subwoofers

#1645 Dev

Dev

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

Does Roon work in core mode ? I am using AO 1.40 with Windows Server 2012 R2. After moving to core mode, Roon throws the following error "Transport: Failed to load media"

#1646 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

Hi Phil,

I will probably reinstall my dual server setup upcoming weekend (trials are over and I need to update some software like Tidal anyway, plus the weather will be shitty). Would you still advice to install windows server 2012? I already using AO for quite some time now, version V1.30. When will the newest version be released? IF that is very soon I might wait to upgrade my current setup.

Hi

I still recommend Windows Server 2012 R2. The new AO version 2.00 will be released within the next few weeks.

Does Roon work in core mode ? I am using AO 1.40 with Windows Server 2012 R2. After moving to core mode, Roon throws the following error "Transport: Failed to load media"

AO 2.00 will make that happening yes, but it makes more sense to use it in Minimal-Server Mode since Roon cannot handle Kernel-Streaming.

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

#1647 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi AudioPhil, I want to know if with your server 2012 R2 on my Pc I can record music with a Daw, I will record only two tracks (stereo files) actually for conversion from analogue tape to digital, is that possible? thank you!
Guillermo
www.guillermoguareschi.com

#1648 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hi

AO was primarily designed for playback of music, but appetently it does also work very well for other applications as like ripping or recording as you mentioned. Just be sure your recording software works on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Very best,
Phil
  • AudioPhil likes this

logo.png

#1649 Dev

Dev

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

AO 2.00 will make that happening yes, but it makes more sense to use it in Minimal-Server Mode since Roon cannot handle Kernel-Streaming.

Thanks Phil. I will wait for AO 2.0.

#1650 AudioDoc

AudioDoc

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 beta 20 release.

After upgrading from AO 2.0 beta 18 to the latest beta available, and at the time of writing it is beta 20, I will say without any reservation that the new Audiophile Optimizer from Phil’s HighEnd-AudioPC (www.highend-audiopc.com) will move computer audio sound quality to a new high -- a bar that will be very hard, if not impossible to beat by any other tweaked or optimized computer audio software out today.

I did extensive listening to all different genres of music, and no matter which type of music I played through my Phil’s Audiophile Optimized Audio PC, the sound quality was improved far beyond what I was listening to 36 hours before.

The improvement that stood out foremost in my system was the following.

·         Bass depth and articulation far better than previous versions

·         Soundstage width, depth, and focus was a clear improvement.

·         Cymbals had a clearer “sheen” that reminded you of how it sounded when sitting in the audience in close proximity to a great drummer like Jeff Hamilton playing.

·         Live performance recordings were very involving, drawing you into the audience/crowd and feeling the energy around you.

·         Piano keys hitting the strings had the weight and texture that had you paying attention to the entire range of the piano notes being played.

Folks, you will do your ears and system inestimable pleasure by getting the Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 as soon as it is released to the general public.  I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed; rather, you'll be astounded at how great computer audio can sound.

The following albums were played during my review:

Andrew Lloyd Webber – Phantom of the Opera

Jessica Williams – Live at Yoshi Vol 1

The Fairfield Four – Standing in the Safety Zone

Eva Cassidy – Live at Blues Alley

Chris Botti – Live in Boston

Eric Clapton – Unplugged

Jennifer Warnes – Famous Blue Raincoat

Jacques Loussier – Plays Bach

Liz Wright – Salt

Patricia Barber – Café Blue

Sade – Lovers Live

Ramsey Lewis – Dance of the Soul

Michael Murray – An Organ Blaster (Telarc)

Bob Marley – Exodus (Mobile Fidelity)

Music Server:
Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo, Intel Core I7-4770t Quad Core , 16 GB RAM, SOtM tX-USBexp with sCLK-48.0 super Clock 48.0 , ASUS H87M-E Motherboard with PPA Clock Upgrade, Samsung 850 Pro 2 TB SSD (Music) Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (O/S and Applications), Windows 2016 Core,
Silver wire upgrade in PC where possible
Power supplies:
TeraDak Dual Rail Linear PSU, TeraDak LPSU for RUR
Equipment:
Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC, Wyred4Sound RUR, Sanders Magtech Power Amplifier, Magneplanar 3.6R speakers, (modified), Pair of Vandersteen 2Wq Sub Woofers,
iFi DC iPurifier (connected to Wyred4Sound RUR), iFi iPurifier2 (connected to B.M.C. UltraDAC)
Cables:
Speakers: Pachanko Signature 3 meters Bi-wire (Speakers).
Power: Pachanko "Reference" power cables (for B.M.C. PureDac and TeraDak LPSU), Pachanko Signature (for Magtech Power Amplifier) 
USB: Pachanko "Absolution" Dual-Head USB,
SATA: Pachanko "Pure Reference SATA" (O/S and Music drives),
Server: GhentAudio 5 Volts SATA power, GhentAudio EPS power, GhentAudio ATX power.
Interconnects: Pachanko XLR "Signature (UltraDAC => Magtech Amp), Pachanko RUR Link for W4S, Pachanko AES/EBU
Software:
Audio Phil Optimizer, JPlay, Fidelizer Pro, Roon
Accessories:
Cruze First Audio Power outlets

#1651 Kuni

Kuni

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Looking forward to update from 1.30 version which I am stuck in. I did recently AO comparison with Tiny MPD and I hope AO will show its best with 2.00 version :)

Thanks

Linear Audio PC, SOTM, DAC DIY, Pass Labs XA160, Tannoy DC8, Silver cables DIY, RAM Windows, AO1.3

#1652 Dev

Dev

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

Looking forward to update from 1.30 version which I am stuck in. I did recently AO comparison with Tiny MPD and I hope AO will show its best with 2.00 version :)

Thanks

Just curious - how does the Tiny MPD compare with the 1.3 version of AO ?

#1653 Kuni

Kuni

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

Tiny is very good for SQ, a bit more analog, but not that well controlled compared to AO. With AO you may get wider sound stage and more deep bass with XA filter. Both aver very close in comparison.

Analog factor is very dependent on music player you use. I was testing with foobar and AP player. Foobar is more technical but versatile and AP player is more analog but not that well controlled and soft.  JPlay mini and BH perhaps another options to explore.

I really hope that 2.0 version will bring better SQ distinction and review from AudioDoc sounds encouraging to try. 

By the way AP player allows you to configure settings like processlasso, but I personally prefer not to use it.

Phil, sorry for offtopic :)

Linear Audio PC, SOTM, DAC DIY, Pass Labs XA160, Tannoy DC8, Silver cables DIY, RAM Windows, AO1.3

#1654 renpetra

renpetra

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Hello phill

My best setup by far is now a dedicated windows 10 computer with ao beta 18,process lasso and rooncore that is upstairs by my nas.

This combination is wirreless with two airport extremes.

This streams the audio to a computer downstairs with windows 2012 r2 with ao beta 18,process lasso in core mode with HQPLAYER
That upsample everything to 24/192.

I can tell you this combination sound very silky sweet and analog.

I think with two of best worlds windows 10 for roon and tidal and a second computer that only runs hqplayer plays the music and nothing
else.

My setup is amplifier build from hypex Ucd-hg 700, a lyngdorf Dpa1 and my beloved Martin Logan Requests.

#1655 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi Folks

We expect the final release of AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 within the next 2 weeks. Existing AO Users and betatesters can now pre-order AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 by logging in on the download portal on our homepage. This is the final changelog:

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00
- Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)
- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements
- WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10
- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10
- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions
- Support for all Windows 10 K & N editions
- Support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition
- Support for Chinese Windows 10 Editions
- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)
- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10
- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel
- Several adjustments for Windows 10
- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)
- Enables Roon & RoonServer in minimal-server mode (incl. MP3)
(without need to install Server Essentials Role and Media Pack)
- Added dedicated Roon support option
- Enables TIDAL in core and minimal-server mode (TIDAL 2016 Software)
- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming, WASAPI and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)
- Ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10)
- Ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10)
- Questions for OneDrive and Defender removed for Home Edition (Windows 10)
- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)
- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00
- Minor Bugfixes
- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool
- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected
- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21 & 22
- Shell replacement for MinimServer
- Shell replacement for Roon & RoonServer
- Shell replacement for muso
- Ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)
- Restore Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10
- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00
- Update of the PDF Guide
- Minor Bugfixes
- Several adjustments of the OS Checker module
- Several adjustments of Terms & Conditions message
- Update notification feature
- Adds Windows 10 God Mode to AO Tools Folder

Best,

Phil

logo.png

#1656 jeremy.collake

jeremy.collake

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

It seems me and Phil are in-sync, as I just published a minor update to Process Lasso v8 with an important adjustment for Audiophile server users.

I discovered that under some circumstances (Servers only), the all-important Bitsum Highest Performance power plan was not being created until the first product auto-update. Granted, this is just one of many Process Lasso features, but it applies heavily to Audiophiles since they want maximum real-time performance.

This Bitsum Highest Performance power plan disables CPU Frequency Scaling and CPU Core Parking, ala ParkControl, thus it is a critical component of 'Gaming Mode', and is the power plan that one should be in when they want maximum performance. Of course, many Audiophiles have made these adjustments at the BIOS/UEFI level, but for those that haven't, or prefer retain the capacity to conserve power when the Server is idle, this is an important adjustment.

Like I said, anyone who has had the product installed long enough to update it at least once is not affected, and Workstation users are not affected.

It stemmed from me catering to Enterprise Server users who don't need things like 'Gaming mode'.

Thanks to the support of this community, Audiophiles are now a major priority at Bitsum.

I have also finished building a new in-house Windows Server test bed, dual-CPU for testing of NUMA nodes, presently running W2016 TP. In short, I'm investing more time and money into this segment than ever before. Thank YOU for allowing me to continue to do this, and thanks to Audiophil for helping indoctrinate me into this community.

Bitsum Technologies - Home of Process Lasso - Real-Time CPU Optimization and Automation

Be Optimal. Be Bitsum.

#1657 AudioDoc

AudioDoc

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

Review of Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 RTM (final).

AudioPhil has moved the bar to a higher than high with this upgrade from 1.40 to 2.0.

Although this is the RTM (released to manufacturing) (final) version before going GA (general availability), I think this is at its peak performance, from all the evaluations I have done with the 2.0 beta releases.

These are my findings, for the AO 2.0 over the AO 1.4 version.

More details and micro details.

Bigger and more expansive soundstage, but in the correct perspective, very unlike a soundstage that is so big that it is unreal, this one is definitely with the right proportions.

Very airy, with nice imaging, the performers and instruments are spacious but all come together in a cohesive arrangement.

Whether live, studio, big band, orchestral, or jazz ensemble, is handles with precision when I listened with AO 2.0

The A capella recording of The Fairfield Four (CD Standing in the Safety Zone) will wrap you with a 3D effect when you listen to track 2 “My God Called me this Morning”.

I also found that this new release has a deep, solid and articulate bass over the other versions that I have used, not that the other versions were puny, this new version just had me notice that there is more “slam” in a very nice way.

Top air extensions are retained and well dispersed just like the AO you are accustomed to.

Mids are great, listening to the Mapleshade recording of Alan Gampel Chopin and Liszt Sonatas, was astounding, you could feel the impact of the keys hitting the strings and reverberation from the Fazioli piano made me feel like I was present at the recording.

I could go on, and on, with writing because I just kept listening to all different genre and was just enthralled with what AO 2.0 was doing for me.

Please do your music server and yourself a big favor and order Audiophile Optimizer 2.0, you are in for a beautiful listening experience.

Software used for the evaluation:

Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 RTM (final) Windows 2012 R2 in Core mode

HYSOILD 2.0 player with JPlay 6.2 ASIO driver

Fidelizer 7.3

Process lasso 8.9.10

Music Server:
Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo, Intel Core I7-4770t Quad Core , 16 GB RAM, SOtM tX-USBexp with sCLK-48.0 super Clock 48.0 , ASUS H87M-E Motherboard with PPA Clock Upgrade, Samsung 850 Pro 2 TB SSD (Music) Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (O/S and Applications), Windows 2016 Core,
Silver wire upgrade in PC where possible
Power supplies:
TeraDak Dual Rail Linear PSU, TeraDak LPSU for RUR
Equipment:
Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC, Wyred4Sound RUR, Sanders Magtech Power Amplifier, Magneplanar 3.6R speakers, (modified), Pair of Vandersteen 2Wq Sub Woofers,
iFi DC iPurifier (connected to Wyred4Sound RUR), iFi iPurifier2 (connected to B.M.C. UltraDAC)
Cables:
Speakers: Pachanko Signature 3 meters Bi-wire (Speakers).
Power: Pachanko "Reference" power cables (for B.M.C. PureDac and TeraDak LPSU), Pachanko Signature (for Magtech Power Amplifier) 
USB: Pachanko "Absolution" Dual-Head USB,
SATA: Pachanko "Pure Reference SATA" (O/S and Music drives),
Server: GhentAudio 5 Volts SATA power, GhentAudio EPS power, GhentAudio ATX power.
Interconnects: Pachanko XLR "Signature (UltraDAC => Magtech Amp), Pachanko RUR Link for W4S, Pachanko AES/EBU
Software:
Audio Phil Optimizer, JPlay, Fidelizer Pro, Roon
Accessories:
Cruze First Audio Power outlets

#1658 georgethesixth

georgethesixth

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hi Phil

Just wiped my audio server and restarted with 2.0. I'm a Roon user and the system was messed up. Everything went more or less smoothly, but I do have a few minor suggestions for the already excellent manual.

1 It might be handy if you could add the point where 'other software' should be installed.
2. A few lines about the best way to remote control a headless server would be appreciated.
3. The link to this famous and mighty forum is not working :)

I had an issue with activation but I dropped a mail to support.

Kind regards,

George

#1659 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hi George

What link was not working?

Best,

Phil

logo.png

#1660 georgethesixth

georgethesixth

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:31 AM

Hi Phil,

P. 59 at the bottom. There are some links there. If I click on the jplay.eu link, I get an error on the jplay.eu site.

The manual states :
http://jplay.eu/foru...n-this-weekend/
Would it not be better to use :
http://jplay.eu/foru...e-core-edition/

Kind regards,

Joris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users