4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 11:59 PM

Hi

I'm new to this forum and I hope that somebody here can give me a little support with JPlay Classic and Mini Player.

I bought this software several month ago. Because I had some issues with it I stopped using a computer for audio and

went back to CD audio. Now I tried it again mainly because I wanted to use a graphic equalizer with Foobar.

Of course I have the same issues as before now.

When I use ASIO in "playing via" I get a message from Foobar that there is a driver problem. In Foobar I use JPlay ASIO

output. Then I try to do a change in JPlay control panel but I can't open it anymore. I have to restart the computer then I can

access the control panel again. What is the reason for this? Changing to kernel streaming in control panel and it works.

(other parameters: DAC Link: 10Hz / Engine: Ultrastream /  Bitstream: Force 32 bits / Throttle:on / Hibernate:off / single computer)

Dacs used: Chord Hugo2 and Chord Mojo.

Regarding the Mini Player I won't use often (no equalizer...) but curious to know:The selected tracks I copy won't go all into RAM.  I noticed it loads always one track only into RAM.  I use a cache size of 1500Mb. Apparently it works not like RAM Disk in Foobar where all selected tracks go into RAM.  Why then the choice to increase the cache?

Thanks for advise.

#2 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:49 AM

Hi

I'm new to this forum and I hope that somebody here can give me a little support with JPlay Classic and Mini Player.

I bought this software several month ago. Because I had some issues with it I stopped using a computer for audio and

went back to CD audio. Now I tried it again mainly because I wanted to use a graphic equalizer with Foobar.

Of course I have the same issues as before now.

When I use ASIO in "playing via" I get a message from Foobar that there is a driver problem. In Foobar I use JPlay ASIO

output. Then I try to do a change in JPlay control panel but I can't open it anymore. I have to restart the computer then I can

access the control panel again. What is the reason for this? Changing to kernel streaming in control panel and it works.

(other parameters: DAC Link: 10Hz / Engine: Ultrastream /  Bitstream: Force 32 bits / Throttle:on / Hibernate:off / single computer)

Dacs used: Chord Hugo2 and Chord Mojo.

Regarding the Mini Player I won't use often (no equalizer...) but curious to know:The selected tracks I copy won't go all into RAM.  I noticed it loads always one track only into RAM.  I use a cache size of 1500Mb. Apparently it works not like RAM Disk in Foobar where all selected tracks go into RAM.  Why then the choice to increase the cache?

Thanks for advise.

Hi Wolf and welcome to the Forum.

First, with respect to using JPLAY ASIO output in Foobar, did you first install the "ASIO component'' in Foobar as described in the JPLAY Manual under ''How to use JPLAY Classic''?

''You can use JPLAY Driver on top of any player which supports ASIO output. For foobar2000 install ASIO component. You will find the instructions here''.

Second, also from the JPLAY Manual under ''JPLAY Settings panel explained'':

''ASIO is applicable only to DACs that have an ASIO driver. Note that on 64bit Windows 64bit ASIO driver is required.''

So do the Chord DACs have ASIO drivers (assuming that you are using a Windows operating system), and if you are using a 64-bit operating system, are the drivers also 64-bit? If not that might explain why kernel streaming works but ASIO does not.

Finally, the size of the file that can be played by JPLAYmini at one time is limited by the cache size. As discussed in the ''Troubleshooting'' section of the JPLAY Manual, ''JPLAYmini buffers complete tracks: default setting of 500 MB is enough for most CD tracks, but some HiRez tracks need more. '' So the choice to increase the cache size is to allow larger tracks that require more memory to be played.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control Point: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 128Gb storage, 4Gb RAM, Bubble UPnP 3.6.8.1, or Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop (Windows Server 2019 - Standard Edition Desktop), Intel Core i7-3612QM, 2.1 GHz, 1Tb 5400 rpm SATA HDD, 16Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, Upplay 1.4.10
Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60, Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz, 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM.

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edition) in highly optimized Desktop mode, command prompt shell for initial setup after which both PCs run headless (no monitor, keyboard or mouse)
Optimization: Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, LemonadeElitest 50, MajiorityClean 288, Process Lasso Server Edition 10.4.8.8, TrustedClean 1.4, Windows processes/services stopped via a modified CAD DSK script, registry editor and task manager. For optimization procedure see Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System (revised 27/June/2022): https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 10.8.8.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 27.0.15
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON
Equipment Configuration: Control Point Tablet/Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC + JCAT USB Enhancer > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Luxman DA-06 > 1m Chord Chameleon Plus XLR cables > Luxman L-505ux MkII (or Luxman DA-06 > 1ProA2 RCA cable > Rotel RC-1590 > 1m ProA2 RCA cable > Rotel RB-1590) > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers

Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backups: as per Main Library (x2)

#3 Wolf

Wolf

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 04:37 AM

Hi Bernie

Thanks for your help.

I installed the ASIO component in Foobar.

The Chord ASIO driver is 64 bit.

"Playing via" is kernel streaming and in Foobar I selected  ASIO: JPlay driver.  This way it works fine.

As soon as "Playing via" ASIO , Foobar ASIO driver is not working and I cant open the Control Panel anymore (after closing Foobar).

I have to restart the computer.

I just tried it again and tried it with Force 24bit instead of Force 32bit.

Cheers

Wolf

#4 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 May 2022 - 06:55 AM

Hi Wolf,

On another Forum, it was related that in the past when the Chord Hugo driver was installed, the generic Foobar ASIO driver would not work. So if this is still a problem, when set the ASIO:JPLAY driver may be seen as the generic Foobar ASIO driver and not work when the Chord Hugo driver is installed. 

If you have not seen the following, there may be information regarding settings that might help.

Chord Hugo: How to Setup Computer Audio Settings - Moon Audio (moon-audio.com)

Chord Mojo DAC Setup Guide - Moon Audio (moon-audio.com)

Best I can do for now.

Bernie

Control Point: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 128Gb storage, 4Gb RAM, Bubble UPnP 3.6.8.1, or Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop (Windows Server 2019 - Standard Edition Desktop), Intel Core i7-3612QM, 2.1 GHz, 1Tb 5400 rpm SATA HDD, 16Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, Upplay 1.4.10
Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60, Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz, 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM.

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edition) in highly optimized Desktop mode, command prompt shell for initial setup after which both PCs run headless (no monitor, keyboard or mouse)
Optimization: Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, LemonadeElitest 50, MajiorityClean 288, Process Lasso Server Edition 10.4.8.8, TrustedClean 1.4, Windows processes/services stopped via a modified CAD DSK script, registry editor and task manager. For optimization procedure see Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System (revised 27/June/2022): https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 10.8.8.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 27.0.15
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON
Equipment Configuration: Control Point Tablet/Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC + JCAT USB Enhancer > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Luxman DA-06 > 1m Chord Chameleon Plus XLR cables > Luxman L-505ux MkII (or Luxman DA-06 > 1ProA2 RCA cable > Rotel RC-1590 > 1m ProA2 RCA cable > Rotel RB-1590) > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers

Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backups: as per Main Library (x2)

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:54 AM

Hi Bernie

I'm going to research that.

Thanks for your effort helping to find a solution.

Cheers

Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users