HOW TO MAKE WIN11PE AUDIO WITHOUT USING WIN10XPE:
1. Extract WINRE.WIM from Windows 11 Installation ISO (22000.194 or 22000.318)
2. Apply image with DISM or DISM++ on VHD mounted on HOST OS, or on USB flash drive. (flatboot VHD or flatboot USB)
3. Copy Explorer++.exe to \Windows\System32 on the mounted VHD or USB flashdrive.
4. Boot from flatboot VHD or USB.
4. Install necessary drivers as explained in the guide attached to the first post of this thread.
5. Install audio applications (audio players) in portable mode, or in normal mode, the latter requires more work, according to the instructions in the aforementioned guide.
6. In case of "side by side" error when running an application, do the following:
a. Boot a previously created Win11XPE with the Win10XPE application, or create one if you don't have one.
b. Open registry (regedit.exe) and search for the "winsxs" and "sidebyside" keys and export each found key to .reg files and save them.
c. From the host or from Win10PE Strelec (RemoteRegistry) mount VHD flatboot or USB flahdrive and import the previously saved "winsxs" and "sidebyside" registry keys.
7. In case you use applications that need SysWoW64 (32bits) and they don't work:
a. Run the application from Windows 11 (22000.194 or 22000.318) "normal", or from Windows 11 XPE audio if it is built.
b. Run Processhacker, select the required application, right mouse button>properties>modules> see all the files used by the application and which ones are in \windows\syswow64, done this, copy them to "\windows\syswow64" of the flatboot mounted on the host OS (VHD or USB flash drive).
c. If it still doesn't work, export from Win11XPE "wow6432node" branches of HK CLASSES ROOT and HK LOCAL MACHINE and then import them as explained for "winsxs" and "sidebyside".
Now at least in my case everything works fine, I have a Win11PE AUDIO "CORE" with IFIAUDIO ASIO and DIYINHK ASIO drivers, and Infinity Blade + Foobar2000 portables installed and running, the total size is 377 MB, and the number of running processes is 20, unrefined, being able to reach 10, as explained throughout this thread.
It's another way to build an audiophile Win11PE, without using Win10XPE.
In case we want to have a desktop, we only have to copy the "winxshell" folder that is in \Program Files in the flatboot VHD or in the flatboot USB of Win11 XPE audio, to \windows\system32 of the newly created Win11PE Audio; and then edit the file \windows\system32\starnet.cmd and add the following line (without quotes)
This will boot the desktop directly.
Advantages compared to the other method, smaller size, fewer number of processes running as a base, and slightly better sound.
Disadvantages, it is somewhat more uncomfortable, similar to Server Core, if you put the desktop with winxshell the shortcuts are not preserved, I have not managed to keep them
Because every time you start the system, the desktop is recreated.
The answer depends on each one, whoever is a tweaker surely yes.