Photo

George Harrison: All Things Must Pass (50th Anniversary)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 06:00 PM

I wonder if any members of the JPLAY Forum have had a chance to listen to the 50th anniversary remix of George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass'. The keyboard player on the sessions and former Domino, Bobby Whitlock, has heard it:

All Things Must be a Joke - YouTube

I don't think he was very impressed!

I have been able to hear the new mix and I share Bobby Whitlock's sentiments, although I don't think it is as bad as he would have us believe. Phil Spector's original mix was heavy on reverb and I don't think that helped and with addition compression applied to the 50th anniversary remix to make it louder, there probably isn't much that can be done to rescue it. A 24/96 digital download was released by George Harrison's estate. It was a flat transfer of Phil Spector's original album mix. It's hardly audiophile but it's the best that we have to date ,,, and that includes the 50th anniversary release!

• Rob likes this

Intel NUC 10 Performance Mini PC (Control PC & Audio PC/   Audiophile Optimizer 3.00   / JPlay Femto, JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.7 / Singxer SU-1 S/PDIF Converter / Paul Pang Switch, ifi iPower / Uptone Audio USB Regen, ifi iPower / Naim Audio nDAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS / Linn Sondek LP12, Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio ARO, Linn Troika / Naim Audio CDS2, Naim Audio XPS / Naim Audio NAT02 / Naim Audio NAC52, Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio NAP250 / Naim Audio SBLs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users