#1 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:02 AM

Hi Guys

Its been a long time since I had to mess around with DDC's but I think I need to - I want to check if people are using different DDC and their different USB drivers ok with JPLAY and Kernal Streaming before I spend any money.

I am looking at Singxer products and maybe Audio-GD -these use Amanero drivers I think.

Sorry if this is a simple question, a little pointer or two would be really appreciated

Thanks 

#2 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:46 AM

Hi I use a Singxer SU1 which is a XMOS solution and works seamlessly with all the jplay settings.
Kind Regards Rob.
  • ellisdj likes this

#3 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:27 PM

I'm using a Singxer SU-6 with XMOS driver and like Rob's it works perfectly with JPLAY (max settings) and AO3.

• ellisdj likes this

WS2019 DataCentercore, AO3 (1A/2D), Fidelizer Pro, JPLAY Femto, Minority Clean, BubbleUPnP or JPLAY iOS app (Beta).

#4 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:42 PM

I'm using a Singxer SU-6 with XMOS driver and like Rob's it works perfectly with JPLAY (max settings) and AO3.

Thanks guys

Is the SU6 a better buy than the SU2?  Also are you running it with the stock PSU or an upgraded one ?

#5 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:42 PM

SU2 came out after SU6 at a lower price. I've never heard but am speculating that SU2 is close to SU6 in performance. Although they say SU6 uses a super capacitor that makes PSU quality irrelevant, I'm still powering it with a decent LPSU thus eliminating a noise source from the stock switching AC wall wart.
  • ellisdj and Rob like this

WS2019 DataCentercore, AO3 (1A/2D), Fidelizer Pro, JPLAY Femto, Minority Clean, BubbleUPnP or JPLAY iOS app (Beta).

#6 MikeYang9999

MikeYang9999

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:58 AM

Hi. I am using Singxer SU-2( ifi ipower and replaced with some capacitors)  with V5.12.0 driver.
Jplay duel PC ,win10 ,intona usb isolator -> (GPSDO)Su-2->DAC

Jplay : KS, ultrastream ,1000hz.

It is said that SU-2 can only reach some 60%? of the performance of SU-6 .
There are some mods for su-2 too,not sure how good it can be compare to SU-6.

KTE SU-2 : Kitsune Tuned Edition Singxer – SU-2 MagnaFied with SOtM sCLK-EX Clock Upgrade
  • Rob likes this

#7 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 25 July 2021 - 04:19 PM

Hello, there a lot of talk about the mod’s for SU1 and 2 and how they rack up against the 6, from what I’ve read either will beat a standard SU6 change the switch mode PSU for a good LPSU and you have a winner. What I do know when I modded my SU1 and changed the on board regulators for sparkos ones there was a big improvement in SQ more so than with the low ripple PSU that I built for it, also on the Singxer units the usb input is isolated from the rest of the unit via an optical chip and segregation on the PCB 
and is powered via the usb.

Kind Regards Rob.

• MikeYang9999 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users