10 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi everyone, 

I've just came back from Munich few days ago where I attended the High End show. As you may know from our Facebook profile, JPLAY was used as digital transport in Kaiser Acoustics/VertexAQ/THRAX room. I may not be objective, but the sound in that room was by far the best that one could hear at the show – incredible depth, resolution combined with natural tone. Many people (including some known journalists) preferred digital front-end with JPLAY than very good LP setup that was also used in that system. Other rooms, in my opinion, presented flat and one-dimensional sound in comparison, often to edgy on top of that. I guess I can't stand the sound of a system without JPLAY in place :) 

I didn't bring a camera to the show, but here are some good pics of the room from my-hiend:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone visited the show and that room? Did you like the sound? :)

Cheers,
Marcin 

Edited by Marcin_gps, 09 May 2012 - 01:30 PM.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#2 michaelp

michaelp

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi Marcin, What is the purpose of the orange coloured woodblocks, standing upright ? Bottom row , 1st picture

Edited by michaelp, 09 May 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Win 10 PC, fanless - 30cm Mundorf Silver/Gold USB cable - Hegel H390 - QED 0003 Supremus Speaker cable - Dynaudio Heritage Specials - Huge Smile factor :)

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

Michael, those are EMI/acoustic absorbing panels from Leading Edge (new brand from Vertex AQ and Kaiser Acoustics)

Here are more photos if you're interested. 

Edited by Marcin_gps, 11 May 2012 - 09:25 AM.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Guys,

I'm happy to inform you that the room where JPLAY was used during the high end show received BEST SOUND distinction from Roy Gregory: http://www.theaudiob........_roy_2.htm

:)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#5 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

congratulations! well deserved.

#6 SoundQcar

SoundQcar

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Well-deserved guys....
 HP Elitebook 8460P Core i7 2620M @ 3.4ghz 8GB, 160GB SSD > JPlay > Acoustic Revive usb 1.0PL > Meitner MA-1 DAC > WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 6 > VTL MB-185 > Magico V3 / VTL IT-85 > Audez'e LCD-2

#7 Rainer Weber

Rainer Weber

Beginner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Dear all,   please let me express how grateful Kaiser Acoustics was to have jplay software in our booth at Munich High End 2012.   I do not need to tell you that this is with a huge margin the best player on the planet and it was our advantage to have it.  What you loose on the source (the software) is gone - even when you use a reasonable good audio system and speakers like the Kawero. Surprisingly the analog setup -Spiral Groove with matching tonearm and Air Tight PC3 - phono pre Thrax Orheus did improve over the days and on sunday we needed to play in hibernate to demonstrate that digital is better. On shows this is critical because you can not stop a song when you detect that the current audience does not like this kind of music - but the sound was so good that people liked everything. It was very obvious that with jplay you can play also very non audiophile pieces (not the best recordings - but excellent music) and it is still evolving and moving your soul. People did not believe that digital can outperform analog in terms of emotional content.      So please let me thank jplay again for making this possible.    Best regards   Rainer Weber Kaiser Acoustics 
dedicated Control PC with Pang linear PSU, Pang ethernet cable, Pang SATA cable direct connection to Audio PC dedicated Audio PC with Server 2012 – 8 GB RAM – Asus MB – Pang linear PSU Adnaco S3A powered with Paul Hynes linear shunt regulator PSU Pang USB cable Sonicweld Diverter HR2 Acrolink D5050II ditial cable Totaldac reclocker Enklein Orion XLR cable Thrax Maximus DAC (has MSB Diamond OEM modules inside) Thrax Dionysos Preamp Thrax Spartacus Mono Amps Kaiser Kawero Speakers Interconnects are all Enklein Aeros XLR Power Leads are VertexAQ Hires + on the PC and the linear power supplies Power Leads on the system are Enklein Taurus (with VertexAQ Hires Taga power distributors – 2 pieces) Speaker cables are new prototyps

#8 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

:))

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#9 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Another best sound from High Fidelity

Posted Image

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#10 Sligolad

Sligolad

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

What manner of hardware was used to run Jplay at the show Marcin? I expect there is something to be learned from the system for those of us ready to build a good dedicated base unit for Jplay.

Audio PC Gigabyte H97M-D3H & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v for Mobo, 5v for clocks & 5v supply to Audiowind Regulator for 1.3v to RAM direct, JCat Femto USB Card 5v from Paul Hynes, Startech Lex – Amber Regen to JCat USB & Startech Rex to Lex by 2x Meicord LAN through GISO GB Isolator powered by Teddy Pardo 18v Linear, Wtfplay off USB on REX – remote control by Mele F10, D to D PPA Red USB Cable - Intona - LFP 3.3v battery powered USB Regen – Isolated Xmos 768kHz USB DDC powered by 2 x 3.3v 0.8uV Linear Regs – i2s - D to A - Lampizator Big7, Conrad Johnson Premier 17LS, Classe CA 2200, Raidho C1s. Recent changes in red.

#11 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Rainer built the PC based on my recommendations a year ago. I don't remember the exact specs, but it's nothing special. What's not regular about the build: sotm pci-to-usb controller (now replaced with adnaco), paul hynes psu to feed the sotm card and ssd, silver sata cables, windows 8 server beta

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users