#1 rmc001

rmc001

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:42 AM

Hi

I've got this problem. HiFy "sees" JPLAYFemto and it runs perfectly. That is, asks you to open Spotify - and you can choose JPLAYFemto etc and the progress bar starts music running. But instead I get loud static noise and no music.

Now FLAC and wav files play perfectly.
I have two different dac setups. 1. is a Topping D50s USB DAC and 2. is a Douk Audio U2 USB to spdif converter going to a DAC-AH dac. Music plays fine.

So the closest I got with the Spotify was using the Topping dac - I got music but very distorted and crackling - and this is all under ULTRASTREAM Daclink 20.

I also setup ASIO Bridge - and I'd increased buffering from 256 to 512 on the Topping to get that result.

But when I went to reproduce it - again it didn't cooperate.

I've tried Xtream - all the buffer and Daclink settings - JPLAY Classic all Daclinks Ultrastream all Daclinks.
I've tried "Forcing" 24 and 32 bit. I always check in Topping I've got the right 24 or 32 bit.

No hibernate no Bitstream volume.

I didn't play with Throttle.! That's always on..?

I did notice with the Douk Audio converter that ASIO said it had a buffer of 800. But there's no user interface for that dac driver.

All I could think of was maybe the driver with the Topping needed finer graduation steps for the buffer. Would that be right.? Or, no..

Cheers, Rob (NZ)

#2 rmc001

rmc001

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:10 AM

I need to add that Spotify works perfectly on its own thru' the computer and the phone app. Just not with JPLAY and HiFy.

#3 rmc001

rmc001

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:12 AM

And I also uninstalled / installed the HiFy app. No progress there either.

#4 rmc001

rmc001

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:20 AM

[SOLVED] Sorry I just had to adjust DLNA codec in Hify settings to MP3. Simple. Thanks. R.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#5 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:48 AM

Glad to hear you managed to determine what the problem was! Now enjoy!

• rmc001 likes this

Control Point: Huawei Mate 20 with 128Gb storage and 6Gb RAM running Bubble UPnP 3.5.0.1, or Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop (Windows Server 2019 - Standard Edtion Desktop) with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz), 1Tb 5400 rpm SATA HDD and 16Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM running Upplay 1.4.10 or Audionet-RCP 3.5.0
Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60 with Intel Core i5 8250U (1.6 GHz), 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD (Control-PC) or 480Gb Kingston A1000 M2 NVMe SSD (Audio-PC) and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (both PCs). Both PCs run Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edtion Desktop) in highly optimised GUI mode with command prompt shell for initial setup after which both PCs run headless (no monitor, keyboard or mouse)
Optimization: Fidelizer Pro 8.6, Process Lasso Server Edition 10.0.2.24, MinorityClean 178, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, a modified Computer Audio Design DSK script to terminate various Windows Services, manual termination of selected Services and Background Processes. All optimization steps described in my Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System (updated 13 / 03 / 2021): (https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing)

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP Renderer (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 9.3.9.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 27.0.15
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON
Equipment Configuration: Control Point Phone / Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Luxman DA-06 > 1.5m Chord Chameleon Plus XLR cables > Luxman L-505uxII  > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers
Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backup: 2 x 6Tb Seagate HDDs (x2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users