LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBordeaux (France)

Posted 14 August 2020 - 08:42 PM

Dear all

I bought JPLAY license 29-MARCH-2019. My system is : Windows 2019 Server Core ; Audiophile Optimizer 3.0

Today, after start my PC :

* JPLAY started but not sound. After check : licence expired !

* I tried to uninstall JPLAY, remove all registery key, Install JPLAY again and try to activate my licence but I got this message :

20200814-222306.jpg

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your support

* * AUDIO : Atoll IN100 By JCT | LS3/5A Harbeth 11 Ohms | Chord 2Qute (Powered by : Paul Hynes SR4)

* * PC (SuperMicro MBD-X10SBA / 4 Gb / SSD mSATA / JCAT USB Card FEMTO / HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX) : Windows Server 2K19 | JPLAY Femto (Hibernate Mode) | Audiophile Optimizer 3.x | MinorityClean 81 | MinimiServer 2.x | Bubble UPnP

#2 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:01 PM

Make sure internet is available then try activation again.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

WS2019 DataCentercore, AO3 (1A/2D), Fidelizer Pro, JPLAY Femto, Minority Clean, BubbleUPnP or JPLAY iOS app (Beta).

#3 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:49 AM

Hello @Thuan

Thanks for your answer.

I checked my network connection : same status.

I am executing a new installation of my Audio Server and try to identify if the issue was on AudiophileOptimizer Upgrade few months ago, because after install version 3.0 >> I add issue with my network card : Not able to mange network setting. But no issue with JPLAY and today : I lost it > Stange !?

I will keep you posted if the root cause was on AO or not... new install in progress

* * AUDIO : Atoll IN100 By JCT | LS3/5A Harbeth 11 Ohms | Chord 2Qute (Powered by : Paul Hynes SR4)

* * PC (SuperMicro MBD-X10SBA / 4 Gb / SSD mSATA / JCAT USB Card FEMTO / HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX) : Windows Server 2K19 | JPLAY Femto (Hibernate Mode) | Audiophile Optimizer 3.x | MinorityClean 81 | MinimiServer 2.x | Bubble UPnP

#4 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 15 August 2020 - 04:51 PM

Hello, I had similar problem a little while ago and when I looked in sconfig I was unable to change Lan adapter settings as it was not working and ended up doing  a complete reinstall as I couldn’t fix it, if you have more than Lan port I would leave one set as DHCP for the purpose of licence renewal, let us know how you get on, a lot of users experience problems with licence renewal ( it’s a right pain )

Kind Regards Rob.

#5 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 06:54 PM

Hi 

It was necessary to execute a new installation to solve the issue.

The root cause (for me) : it's on AO 3.x as soon as you choose to remove some services for network you will not be able to change IP address (is in static). Today I set the configuration in DHCP and do not disable all network service suggested by AO 3.x during the setup

I already try to contact the support of AO to inform them of this issue : I never received any answer (wonderfull).

@Rob - 

I think your suggestion to put one interface in DHCP if we have more than one, it's a good solution to allow JPLAY to check the central server.

But my concerns today is : Definetly it's mandatory, because JPLAY need to check, after the activation, the central license server

#6 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:11 PM

Without having to reinstall the OS, I’d do this:
Reset AO (st -r)
Make sure internet is connected
Reactivate JPLAY
Adjust JPLAY Settings as desired
Execute AO (AO -u or -a or -e)
Enjoy the music.

WS2019 DataCentercore, AO3 (1A/2D), Fidelizer Pro, JPLAY Femto, Minority Clean, BubbleUPnP or JPLAY iOS app (Beta).

#7 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:06 PM

Hi Thuan

I tried that :

1 / Remove AO > KO ; Network configuration still not accessible as all services stopped or disabled were not restored >> I think this features does not exist in AO.

2 / Try to reactivate JPLAY > KO ; Internet not accessible

3 / Try to uninstall JPLAY, remove registery, etc... > KO ; not able to set my licence key

That why I reinstall my OS

#8 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:35 AM

Hello, in core you access Lan settings via sconfig, were you unable to change the Lan settings? This was my problem hopefully Phil will enlighten us as license renewal is a problem and everything works till then, maybe we need a plug-in to resolve this problem.

Kind Regards Rob.

#9 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:13 PM

Hi @Rob -

Yes my issue was on sconfig : I was not able to change my setting >> I got a error message each time. I not tried to do it via PowerShell. But as suggested by @Thuan : execute the commande "st -r" to reset the setup of AO may be a solution (I did not test it)

I switch to GUI installation now and I will check if it's possible to change the settings after "disable network related services" in AO setup.

#10 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:56 AM

Hi @Rob -

Yes my issue was on sconfig : I was not able to change my setting >> I got a error message each time. I not tried to do it via PowerShell. But as suggested by @Thuan : execute the commande "st -r" to reset the setup of AO may be a solution (I did not test it)

I switch to GUI installation now and I will check if it's possible to change the settings after "disable network related services" in AO setup.

Hello, that makes sense as in GUI running AO the adaptor settings panes are not available so in core I assume the settings are disabled by AO, there is a small gain in SQ using core but there are bigger gains to be had with better power supplies, at present I’ve been listening to DC ATX boards and power supplies for them with interesting results.

kind Regards Rob.

#11 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:23 PM

Today I have exactly the same problem though I have internet connection (one port is DHCP) couldn't solve it. Completely uninstalled JPlay, deleted reg entries and installed JPlay again. Turbo activator didn't give me the option to place the code, just says license is legal. In JPlay settings asks for activation and is giving me error code 30. Will appreciate any advice on the issue. Thank you!

In order to listen to music had to install JPlay 6 but that is a temporary option.

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#12 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:06 PM

Today I have exactly the same problem though I have internet connection (one port is DHCP) couldn't solve it. Completely uninstalled JPlay, deleted reg entries and installed JPlay again. Turbo activator didn't give me the option to place the code, just says license is legal. In JPlay settings asks for activation and is giving me error code 30. Will appreciate any advice on the issue. Thank you!

In order to listen to music had to install JPlay 6 but that is a temporary option.

Did you try to reset AO ? if you configured a specific option for network optimization in AO

If I am right in AO we do not have to disable network service because there is an impact on JPLAY for activation few months after.

#13 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:09 PM

Hi taxman2,

have you restarted Jplay service?

#14 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:29 PM

I suppose it’s the controlPC you’re having JPLAY expiration issue. If the error code is still there, I’d disconnect Ethernet cable between audioPC and controlPC, leave DHCP active, and try TurboActivate again.

Oh, don’t forget to reset AO before that. Doing so might ensure a better chance for success.

#15 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:46 PM

Thanks guys, did all that - reseting AO and all you could think of but no luck. Think, it's time for a clean install.  :rolleyes:

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#16 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:13 AM

The clean install fixed it. Besides windows server 2019 DC has been upgraded to v. 1457. Huge improvement over SQ. There was no need for a new code. JPlay accepted the old one.

• Adrian, BernieK and Thuan like this

#17 herman17

herman17

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 03:12 PM

I had the "license expired" msg on my Audio PC (WS 2019 GUI using TotalCommander shell).

Turboactivate didn't work until I used AO ST to reset to original command prompt.

• Marcin_gps likes this

ControlPC W2019 GUI / AudioPC W2019 GUI / JplayFemto / AO  /  Singxer SU-6 i2S  / DAC PS Audio DSD  - PrimaLuna EVO 400  tube power amplifier - KEF 207/2 / Synology DS918 NAS

#18 amolan

amolan

Beginner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:25 PM

Hi Marcin,

I already sent a email about issue with my jplay femto license, could you please take a look ? I reset AO too but still not working.

Regards,

Alexandre.

• Marcin_gps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users