43 replies to this topic

#41 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

Hi Marcin,

Do you see any SQ benefit from doing the same tweak to XE card like you did with the FEMTO from firmware upgrade to version 2? 

In other words, only one usb port is active instead of two? 

Cheers. 

Chanh.  

Hi Chanh, 

I do not have access to firmware, so this option is not available. I will see if it's possible in the future. 

How do you like the card? 

Best regards,

Marcin 

• Grisza81 likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#42 Chanh

Chanh

Beginner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

Hi Chanh, 

I do not have access to firmware, so this option is not available. I will see if it's possible in the future. 

How do you like the card? 

Best regards,

Marcin 

Thanks Marcin. I have received the XE card. Pretty much still in the anti-static bag, remains sealed. Currently in the process of finalize my Linear power supplies for the AudioPC. Should be able to test soon and will report back. I have couple mates in AU informed me that they've placed the order. Currently waiting for June.....  :)      

• Marcin_gps likes this

#43 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:57 AM

OK - keep us posted! :) 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#44 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

NEXT BATCH UPDATE

I'm afraid I have unfortunate news. 

I've just received an email from Digi-key regarding availability of the OCXO oscillator we use on the USB Card XE. The original shipping date when we placed the order was June, 6th. Now the date is June 30, 2020, with an additional, approximate 6 business days transit from the manufacturer to Digi-Key.

The SiT5711 is popular and SiTime has not been able to get ahead of the demand. Regardless, we are pushing to get the oscillators sooner, but it seems that the USB Cards XE will not ship sooner than in July.  

I know this is disappointing, but there is very little we can do. 

I will keep you updated. 

On the bright side:

Sorry I ordered already and canceled 3 days ago cause of my already great sounding server but I heard it at a friends server and it’s a musthave….

Best regards,

Marcin

• Chanh likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users