• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 mnuno10

mnuno10

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

I installed W2019 server + JPLAY + AO3 + Fidelizer Pro + Minority clean in my NUC8iBEH.

My JPLAY settings are in the attached file.

I'm facing one problem: 

- Listening to Tidal using BubbleUpnp app to control it, the songs in the queue keeps skipping after 1/2 minutes of play time; Using BubbleUpnp or Fidata(iOS) to play songs from my WD MyCloud DLNA server works fine; What can cause the problem of BubbleUPNP streaming Tidal? I use an Huawei P10 and I already disable all "Power Saving" options that I found. I also tried different Dac Link values with same results.

I also have questions about JPlayFetmoServer:

Is there any advantage in using JPlayFetmoServer to stream files from my WD MyCloud over using WD MyCloud DLNA server directly?

If so, how can I configure JPlayFetmoServer to use files stored in my WD MyCloud. I may have to map it to work as a normal hard drive in Windows, is that true?

If I don't plan to use JPlayFetmoServer at all, is there a way to disable it? In that case should I configure my PC as an AudioPC(in AO, Fidelizer and JPLAY) or I have to still configure it as Single PC?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

There is no attachment? 

Yes, there is an advantage in using JPLAY femtoServer as it  is optimized for best sound quality. 

Please check this point in the manual: Using JPLAY femtoServer with a NAS

JPLAY femtoServer is integrated in the same service as JPLAY FEMTO renderer - if you disable it, JPLAY FEMTO  won't work, so it's  not possible to disable JPLAY femtoServer

JPLAY for iOS: the new reference hi-fi app. 

JCAT: streaming specific products for high-end audio

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#3 mnuno10

mnuno10

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

Thank you @Marcin_gps.

I manage to make my NUC connect to the WDMyCloud. To do so, I've to enable network related services in AO3. JPLAY's manual states that you can use disable them while using Static IP, but I couldn't manage to make it work. I will try again to see if it works.

I've compared WDMyCloud DLNA server vs JPLAY Femto Server, and Femto is indeed superior.

Related to my Tidal issue, I found that this is an already reported bug in JPLAY, Tidal + BubbleUPnP don't work well in Hibernate mode.

http://jplay.eu/foru...ubble-up-issue/

I've some questions:

1. There is a way to navigate/explore songs in Femto Server other than "Folder by Folder"?

2. Femto Server doesn't support ISO, right?

3. I still have problems playing Tidal with Hibernate mode off, after playing 3 or 4 songs, in the middle of the current it skips to the next in the Queue. Someone with the same problem? How to fix it?

4. There is a way to toggle between Hibernate modes without physically access to the machine? 

5. I notice while charging my phone, sound quality is worse. If JPLAY plays the song directly, why this happens? (Using BubbleUPnP)

6. Having gapless enabled in BubbleUPnP also impacts sound quality, why this happens?

#4 amolan

amolan

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:21 PM

Hi Marcin,

Quick question about the subject here, is it possible to map a music folder with ftp server like proftpd ?

Thanks ,

Alexandre.

#5 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:33 AM

Thank you @Marcin_gps.

I manage to make my NUC connect to the WDMyCloud. To do so, I've to enable network related services in AO3. JPLAY's manual states that you can use disable them while using Static IP, but I couldn't manage to make it work. I will try again to see if it works.

Hi mnuno10,

If you run Bubble UPnP on your phone, you cannot disable network related services in AO 3.0. If you do, you will disable WiFi on your NUC which is needed for the Bubble UPnP connection, regardless of whether you use static IP addresses or not. I believe the use of static IP addresses is discussed only in the AO 3.0 manual, not in the JPLAY manual.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control Point: Apple iPad (9th gen), 64Gb storage, 3Gb RAM, JPLAY for iOS 1.0.18; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 128Gb storage, 4Gb RAM, Bubble UPnP 4.3.3.1; Dell Inspiron 15 5510 laptop (Windows 11 Professional (x64) Version 22H2 (build 22621.3155), Intel Core i7-11390H, 2.93 GHz, 512Gb KIOXIA M2 PCIe NVMe (RAID) SSD, 16Gb DDR4 3200 MHz RAM), Upplay 1.7.1.

Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60, Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz, 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM.

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edition) in highly optimized Desktop mode, command prompt shell for initial setup after which Control and Audio-PCs run headless (monitor, keyboard and mouse disconnected).
Optimization: Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, MajiorityCamisole 171 on RAM Disk in Control and Audio PCs (Local folder) via TrustedClean 3.1b-server on RAM Disk but subsequently terminated on the Control-PC (RAM Disk procedure and TC settings used are detailed in this guide - 8 Nov 2023), Process Lasso Server Edition 14.0.2.12, additional Windows processes/services stopped via registry editor, task manager and a modified CAD DSK script. For the full optimization procedure see my Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System (revised 5 July 2023).

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 11.5.1.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 32.0.6.
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS, Engine: ULTRAstream, Bitstream: Native, Bitperfect Volume: OFF, DAC Link: 1000, XtreamSize: 1000, Throttle: ON, Hibernate Mode: ON.

Equipment Configuration: Control Point Tablet/Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Rotel 1590C > 2m Mogami NEGLEX RCA to XLR cable with Neutrik connectors) > March Audio P501 Monoblocks with Purifi 1ET7040SA modules > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers. AC power filtered/cleaned via Thor A12BF Smart Power Board. 

Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backups (x2): as per Main Library.

#6 mnuno10

mnuno10

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:35 AM

Hi mnuno10,

If you run Bubble UPnP on your phone, you cannot disable network related services in AO 3.0. If you do, you will disable WiFi on your NUC which is needed for the Bubble UPnP connection, regardless of whether you use static IP addresses or not. I believe the use of static IP addresses is discussed only in the AO 3.0 manual, not in the JPLAY manual.

Cheers,

Bernie

Yes, you can disable network related services and still use Bubble UPnP. Bubble UPnP "communicates" with NUC using the router, not a direct connection. So my NUC is connected to router using Ethenet and Bubble UPnP is connected to the router using Wireless, and Bubble UPnP "sees" JPLAY Femto installed in my NUC without problems.

My problem is when I disable network related services in AO3.0, my NUC is unable to discover the WD MyCloud. As I understand from the JPLAY documentation it is possible, but I can't make it work.

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

Thank you @Marcin_gps.

I've compared WDMyCloud DLNA server vs JPLAY Femto Server, and Femto is indeed superior.

Related to my Tidal issue, I found that this is an already reported bug in JPLAY, Tidal + BubbleUPnP don't work well in Hibernate mode.

http://jplay.eu/foru...ubble-up-issue/

I've some questions:

1. There is a way to navigate/explore songs in Femto Server other than "Folder by Folder"?

2. Femto Server doesn't support ISO, right?

3. I still have problems playing Tidal with Hibernate mode off, after playing 3 or 4 songs, in the middle of the current it skips to the next in the Queue. Someone with the same problem? How to fix it?

4. There is a way to toggle between Hibernate modes without physically access to the machine? 

5. I notice while charging my phone, sound quality is worse. If JPLAY plays the song directly, why this happens? (Using BubbleUPnP)

6. Having gapless enabled in BubbleUPnP also impacts sound quality, why this happens?

1. Only folder view is available

2. No

3. please adjust DAC Link value. Is it a  dedicated audio PC or are you performing other tasks on the  PC  during playback ?

4. you can use vnc, remote desktop or  teamviewer to access the settings via network

5.  It's a good question. Perhaps the phone or app goes to a different power mode then? 

6. Also good one: because then UPnP operates differently and there is a different network packet pattern. We have no controll over it unfortunately. 

Hi Marcin,

Quick question about the subject here, is it possible to map a music folder with ftp server like proftpd ?

Thanks ,

Alexandre.

i think not.  

Regards, 

Marcin

#8 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Moderators
  • 1,716 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:10 AM

Yes, you can disable network related services and still use Bubble UPnP. Bubble UPnP "communicates" with NUC using the router, not a direct connection. So my NUC is connected to router using Ethenet and Bubble UPnP is connected to the router using Wireless, and Bubble UPnP "sees" JPLAY Femto installed in my NUC without problems.

My problem is when I disable network related services in AO3.0, my NUC is unable to discover the WD MyCloud. As I understand from the JPLAY documentation it is possible, but I can't make it work.

Hi mnumo10,

Sorry, my mistake. It wasn't clear from your posts that the nuc was connected to the nas via an ethernet cable. And I missed the 'fine print" at the bottom of the JPLAY manual Nas section.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control Point: Apple iPad (9th gen), 64Gb storage, 3Gb RAM, JPLAY for iOS 1.0.18; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 128Gb storage, 4Gb RAM, Bubble UPnP 4.3.3.1; Dell Inspiron 15 5510 laptop (Windows 11 Professional (x64) Version 22H2 (build 22621.3155), Intel Core i7-11390H, 2.93 GHz, 512Gb KIOXIA M2 PCIe NVMe (RAID) SSD, 16Gb DDR4 3200 MHz RAM), Upplay 1.7.1.

Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60, Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz, 250Gb Kingston A2000 M2 NVMe SSD and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM.

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edition) in highly optimized Desktop mode, command prompt shell for initial setup after which Control and Audio-PCs run headless (monitor, keyboard and mouse disconnected).
Optimization: Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, MajiorityCamisole 171 on RAM Disk in Control and Audio PCs (Local folder) via TrustedClean 3.1b-server on RAM Disk but subsequently terminated on the Control-PC (RAM Disk procedure and TC settings used are detailed in this guide - 8 Nov 2023), Process Lasso Server Edition 14.0.2.12, additional Windows processes/services stopped via registry editor, task manager and a modified CAD DSK script. For the full optimization procedure see my Guide for Optimizing WS2019 in a Dual or Single PC JPLAY Femto-Based System (revised 5 July 2023).

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D UPnP (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY FEMTO 7.0D femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 11.5.1.0, Library Manager: JRiver MC 32.0.6.
JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS, Engine: ULTRAstream, Bitstream: Native, Bitperfect Volume: OFF, DAC Link: 1000, XtreamSize: 1000, Throttle: ON, Hibernate Mode: ON.

Equipment Configuration: Control Point Tablet/Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > 1m SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > 3m Chord C-USB Cable > Rotel 1590C > 2m Mogami NEGLEX RCA to XLR cable with Neutrik connectors) > March Audio P501 Monoblocks with Purifi 1ET7040SA modules > DIY speaker cables (Tycab PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG OFC wire, TechFlex braid, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors) > Bryston PX-1 external crossovers > DIY speaker cables (as before) > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers. AC power filtered/cleaned via Thor A12BF Smart Power Board. 

Music Storage: Main Library: 6Tb Seagate HDD/Hub+6Tb Seagate HDD (all connections via 0.5m Avencore Premium USB 3.0 cables); Backups (x2): as per Main Library.

#9 mnuno10

mnuno10

Beginner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:14 AM

1. Only folder view is available

2. No

3. please adjust DAC Link value. Is it a  dedicated audio PC or are you performing other tasks on the  PC  during playback ?

4. you can use vnc, remote desktop or  teamviewer to access the settings via network

5.  It's a good question. Perhaps the phone or app goes to a different power mode then? 

6. Also good one: because then UPnP operates differently and there is a different network packet pattern. We have no controll over it unfortunately. 

i think not.  

Regards, 

Marcin

2. I'm using iso2dsd to convert ISO to DSF or DFF. I found that converting it DFF sounds better, is this normal? There is a better(free) tool than iso2dsd to convert ISO to DSF or DFF?

3. It's a dedicated PC. I already tried different DAC Link values, but same result. From times to times, it skips in the middle of a song.

7. I'm unable to use my WD MyCloud with network related services option enabled in AO3, even with static IP. http://jplay.eu/manual/#manual5states that it is possible. What I'm doing wrong?

#10 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

2. I'm using iso2dsd to convert ISO to DSF or DFF. I found that converting it DFF sounds better, is this normal? There is a better(free) tool than iso2dsd to convert ISO to DSF or DFF?

3. It's a dedicated PC. I already tried different DAC Link values, but same result. From times to times, it skips in the middle of a song.

7. I'm unable to use my WD MyCloud with network related services option enabled in AO3, even with static IP. http://jplay.eu/manual/#manual5states that it is possible. What I'm doing wrong?

2. It's a matter of taste. But these differences are normal. I prefer DSF

3. Like I said, skipping  can happen if DAC Link is set too high and playback is interrupted. Note that UltraStream uses UDP which means that packets are not error-protected and must be delivered on first trial otherwise playback will   stop. Classic Engine uses TCP which should be more robust as it comes with error protection mechanism. 

7. Have you tried  this method? http://jplay.eu/foru...ge-5#entry48172

• Thuan likes this

#11 lake_eleven

lake_eleven

Beginner

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:48 PM

BubbleUPNP on android got updated. All the app settings were reset. Even after updating required BubbleUPNP settings, now the sound is not as good as it was before update. One of the drawbacks of computer audio!

• Marcin_gps likes this

#12 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:38 PM

We apologize if we are just a little bit O:T

I vould use jplay in my trial Tidal period.
But ,if in Qubuz is semiautomatic, you have only to choos this driver and that's all.

with tiadal I don't know where to start..i have to dowload on my phone Bubble upun app ?
I'm toking about a Tidal system via p.c.
so it seems a little strange to me...?
any help will be appreciated.
Of course i would like to play Tidal with jplay via my p.c. and listen to music on my home stereo.
Tks 1000 giovanni.

#13 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:10 PM

O.K ,now i'm able to play saved Tidal album on my phone...maybe jplay is workinkg...?
But till now i'm not able on my phone to Play Tidal catalogo.
my ultimate goal is to use Tidal with jplay on my home stereo, is that possible?
Tks Giovanni.

#14 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:57 PM

...now i'm not able to play neither on phone nor on my stereo...
Giovanni.

#15 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:10 PM

Ok,it's works on my p.c. controlled by phone ,buy only whith album previous dowloaded.
Is possible to have Tidal on bubble,like on my p.c. and finally able to use Tidal plus jplay on my home stereo ,controlled by my phone ?
Is this the solutions to play Tidal whith jplay?

Giovanni.

#16 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:01 PM

how is Tidal master quality managed by phone? now from the phone I always see 16 / 44.1 and the home stereo plays, at this point I lose control of Tidal on the p.c. it's normal isn't it?
Ehen I am in Tidal from the phone I don't have the "search" function must it go like this?
Giovanni.

#17 gio_b

gio_b

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Even when I hear music from the phone,Tidal tells me that it is MASTER but it is always displayed to me 16 / 44.1 is it possible to configure to hear MASTER quality both from the phone and from the home stereo?
thanks to those who have endured me so far and will give me some answers.
Happy Easter to all!!!
Giovanni.

#18 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:07 PM

Giovanni

In order to play Tidal via JPLAY FEMTO you need to go to Library tab and click on the library icon and switch to 'cloud' 

Renderer has to be set to JPLAY FEMTO. 

#19 Nifou

Nifou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

Hi, I did what you suggested to Giovanni. I can but a track from Tidal in the queue but it does not play and after a few second the queue plays the next track. If the next track is from my library it plays. If the track is another Tidal track , after a few second of silence, the queue plays the next track with the same scenario. The Tidal tracks, after a few seconds of silence, just  go one after the other without ever playing. This is with an Adroid tablet with Bublleupnp freshly installed. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab E running Android 7.1.1.

Thanks for the help.

Nicolas

#20 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:14 AM

Hi, I did what you suggested to Giovanni. I can but a track from Tidal in the queue but it does not play and after a few second the queue plays the next track. If the next track is from my library it plays. If the track is another Tidal track , after a few second of silence, the queue plays the next track with the same scenario. The Tidal tracks, after a few seconds of silence, just  go one after the other without ever playing. This is with an Adroid tablet with Bublleupnp freshly installed. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab E running Android 7.1.1.

Thanks for the help.

Nicolas

Can you please tell us the exact configuration in JPLAY settings panel? (screenshot is OK) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users