5 replies to this topic

#1 rjonasz

rjonasz

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

I've been struggling with this for the last few days.  I have JPlayFemto on a dedicated audio server running Windows server 2012 R2.  Everything sounds great but when I try to load albums in BubbleSoft the tracks are out of order!  They display correctly in Windows explorer.  They were originally named 101 - title.flac to 144 - title.flac  I tried renaming them from 1 to 44 but that didn't work either!  How can I get BubbleSoft to sort my tracks correctly?  Oh, the music is on a mapped network drive.  The drive is on linux.

Thanks for your help

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:03 AM

Did you enable smart sort under JPLAY femtoServer properties in Bubble UPnP? 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#3 rjonasz

rjonasz

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:28 AM

Hi Marcin,

Yes I did.  It didn't seem to make any difference

#4 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:50 AM

Hi rjonasz,

Is it possible that the file tags seen by BubbleSoft do not always match the file names seen in Windows Explorer (not the same thing)?

File names in Windows Explorer may appear correct (1 Title.flac, 2 Title.flac, etc) and will be ordered appropriately in Explorer. But if the file tags do not match the file names (the file that has "1" in its name (1 Title.flac) is actually tagged as '2' for the track number), they may not be sorted in the order expected based on the file numbering seen in Windows Explorer.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control Point: Huawei Mate 20 with 128Gb storage and 6 Gb RAM running Bubble UPnP, or Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz), 1Tb 5400 rpm SATA HD and 16Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM running Upplay 1.4.1 or Audionet-RCP 3.5.0

Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60 with Intel Core i5 8250U (1.6 GHz), 250Gb Kingston A2000 NVMe SSD (Control-PC) or 480Gb Kingston A1000 NVMe SSD (Audio-PC) and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edtion Desktop) optimized via Fidelizer Pro 8.5, Process Lasso Server Edition 9.7.0.48, MinorityClean XXVIII, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (with command prompt shell), and a modified Computer Audio Design Desktop Services Killer script plus additional Windows Services and Background Processes terminated as described here: (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mLbjF1KK1s9-ioBarYzdm0M5RhpuVLHE)

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO UPnP Renderer (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 8.04, Library Manager: JRiver MC19

JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON

Equipment Configuration: Control Point Phone / Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord SilverPlus USB Cable  > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > DIY speaker cables (PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG Tycab wire, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors, TechFlex braid) > Bryston passive external crossovers > speaker cables as above > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers

Music Storage: Main Library: Seagate 6Tb HDD/Hub + 3Tb ext HDD (Avencore Premium USB 3.0 used for HDD interconnect and connection to Control PC); Backup: Seagate 6Tb ext HDD + 3Tb ext HDD (x2)

#5 rjonasz

rjonasz

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:11 AM

Hi Bernie,

That's an interesting idea.  To test that I connected BubbleSoft directly to the shared music folder and loaded the same tracks that way bypassing JPlayFemto.  They loaded in the correct order! I will check the tags though just to be sure.

Thanks!

Randy

#6 rjonasz

rjonasz

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

Ok, I loaded the tracks in foobar2000 and they loaded correctly.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users