2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:21 AM

I've always felt that the non computer audio sections of our forum are under used so I'll take this opportunity to share my latest interest with fellow members. Fear not friends ... It can be just as intricate as computer audio and can also cater for those who enjoy potentially obsessive pastimes.

I used to be  fairly heavy smoker. Until five years ago, I probably smoked a pack a day. Having made many unsuccessful attempts to stop smoking, I decided to try vaping. I am aware that there is only limited research into the harmful aspects of vaping although a report published by Public Health England concluded that vaping was 95% safer than smoking tobacco. I figured it had to be worth trying and I smoked my last cigarette on 27/10/2016.

Towards the end of my tobacco smoking days, I changed to rolling cigarettes as, given the ever increasing cost of a pack of tailor made cigarettes, it was a less expensive way of getting my fix. Until recently, I have been vaping with pre-made coils but changed to making my own with a rebuildable tank atomizer. I'm using mesh coils and cotton laces, which is easier than using wire and rolling cotton wool into strips.

The experience is not dissimilar to computer audio and I have been trying out different building techniques to get that last bit of flavour from my vaping juice. The critical aspect seems to be how much cotton to use and how much to fluff to give differing density to the cotton. I just can't decide whether I prefer Version XIII or Version XXVII cotton!

Any other vapers here?

Acer Windows Server 2016 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2016 (Intel i3/4GB) (Control PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto / JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.2 / M2Tech Hiface Evo, Paul Hynes Power Supply / Naim Audio DAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS, Linn Sondek LP12 / Naim Audio ARO / Linn Troika / Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio CDS2 / Naim Audio XPS, Naim Audio NAT02, Naim Audio NAC52 / Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio SBLs

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

I'm not smoking/vaping. I'm deep into specialty coffee :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#3 sonarsonic

sonarsonic

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:50 PM

Similarly to Marcin, am a no smoker but espresso addict. Cheers

Dell Precision 4600 -> Weiss DAC2 -> Dussun v8i -> AkustyK ILR22 Speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users