Photo

Process Lasso For The Uninitiated (That's me by the way)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:56 PM

I did a reinstall of my Control PC and Audio PC yesterday evening. The main reason that I do a reinstall ever six months is that a fresh install clears out any junk that system has accumulated and it also helps me to revise a dual PC installation and remember how to do it. The highest DAC Link setting that I have previously achieved with my two i5 laptops has been 500Hz. By the time I had finished the basic installation yesterday, it was getting late so I decided to finish the installation today after getting some rest. To finish the installation the following day, I only had to run Audiophile Optimizer and install Fidelizer Pro and Process Lasso on both PCs. At this stage, the system was sounding OK with a DAC Link of 500Hz and I figured that the final optimisations would bring about further improvement.

Today, I ran AO on both machines and installed Fidelizer Pro and Process Lasso. That's when the fun started! Having been previously able to run a DAC Link of 500Hz with Hibernate on, I found myself unable to run the system at any more than DAC Link at 10Hz or 45Hz with Hibernate off. Something was obviously wrong.

I figured that I would start by uninstalling Process Lasso from both the Control PC and Audio PC. While I'm sure that it is a good product if one understands how to configure it, those users such a myself who lack a Doctorate in computer studies or an in-depth understanding of core assignment, might be taking a step too far. I uninstalled Process Lasso and set up Minority Clean as a service using Sexe (I had previously been running it through Process Lasso). I rebooted and returned to listening.

Following the removal of Process Lasso from both PCs, I am able to run my very modest dual PC setup  with Hibernate on and the DAC Link set to 1000Hz. As previously mentioned, I have never previously managed to get a dual PC installation to run at any more than 500Hz although I have achieved 1000Hz with a single PC installation using my newer Lenovo 9th generation i5 laptop. It's sounding good and most importantly, it seems stable. For the past five hours, I have been playing albums at 16/44, 24/88, 24/192 and DSD64 (DoP) without experiencing any playback stoppages.

Perhaps it is a case that Process Lasso is not for the uninitiated ... That's me by the way!

Acer Windows Server 2016 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2016 (Intel i3/4GB) (Control PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto / JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.2 / M2Tech Hiface Evo, Paul Hynes Power Supply / Naim Audio DAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS, Linn Sondek LP12 / Naim Audio ARO / Linn Troika / Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio CDS2 / Naim Audio XPS, Naim Audio NAT02, Naim Audio NAC52 / Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio SBLs

#2 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

I commend you for successfully troubleshooting and solving the 1000Hz frontier. Now that you have the solid working baseline, you can try Process Lasso again with a different setting. Thanks for sharing the experience.
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.864, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, FIdelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#3 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:38 AM

Still running at 1000Hz with Hibernate on Thuan. Minority Clean XI is installed on both PCs and having removed Process Lasso, I installed it as a service using Sexe. Fidelizer Pro is running at Purist user level on both machines. I think that this install is the best sound quality that I have achieved with my limited specification laptops. I think I'll leave Process Lasso out of the system for now. As The Beatles said "Let It Be"

Acer Windows Server 2016 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2016 (Intel i3/4GB) (Control PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto / JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.2 / M2Tech Hiface Evo, Paul Hynes Power Supply / Naim Audio DAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS, Linn Sondek LP12 / Naim Audio ARO / Linn Troika / Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio CDS2 / Naim Audio XPS, Naim Audio NAT02, Naim Audio NAC52 / Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio SBLs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users