#1 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

Hi,

I have 2 problems.

1ᵉ It doesn't download al the cover art and I try the suggestions from the forum like clear cache and empty the file in the Jplay folder (forget the name) also ad the ip number from the audio pc in registry

I see that in some music directories smal files added with album picture in it.

Which software ads those files?

2ᵉ sometimes when I skip to the next song or album playing stops and sometimes femto service is stopped when I restart everything works fine again.

What can I do to overcome the player problems.

I also have Mconnect on a Apple tablet but Bubble Upnp sound better, how's that possible.

Rob

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:10 AM

Hi Rob, 

JPLAY FEMTO must be in the same subnet as your remote device. If more than one network adapter is installed in the PC with JPLAY FEMTO, please enter the IP address of the network adapter which connects to your home network (router) in the femtoServerIPaddress entry in regedit under Computer\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JPLAY7 key.

Restart JPLAYfemto service or reboot afterwards. 

Can you please tell us the exact configuration in JPLAY settings panel (screenshot is ok) and which USB DAC do you use? 

It's normal that Bubble UPnP sounds better than mConnect. Bubble UPnP is a better app. 

Regards, 
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#3 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hi Marcin,

Under Computer\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JPLAY7 key I put the IP adres from the Audio PC is that correct?

Jplay KS engine ultra stream link 1000hz Xtream 1000 throtlle on Hybernate on bitstream native volume off.

USB interface DAC Xmos Luckit board.

Rob

#4 billgr

billgr

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

As Marcin stated, you set femtoServerIPaddress to the ip address of the control pc network adapter that connects to your home network. That's what bubbleupnp uses. 

You don't need to set the audiopc ip address as jplay does that for you. 

If you run 2 control apps at the same time it can cause playback issues. I'd close one completely (kill it on your tablet) while using the other. 

Win2019, Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, JPlayFemto, 2PC, Ramdisk, MinorityClean, BubbleUPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, ATI1806 Amplifiers, Linkwitz LX521 speakers with ASP4, JPS Labs Aluminata cables, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator.

#5 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:24 AM

Hi,

I didn't run 2 apps at the same time.

When I make a playlist and want to use it then those tracks won't play.

Sometimes the time line stops sometimes it shut of femto and I have to restart it.

Rob

#6 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:23 PM

Did a clean install with Server 2019 installed drivers and Jplay nothing else.

Same problems Jplay crashes after some time of use.

Rob

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:01 AM

Did a clean install with Server 2019 installed drivers and Jplay nothing else.

Same problems Jplay crashes after some time of use.

Rob

Please contact us on support for a debug build

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#8 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

I still cannot get album art.

I have a single PC setup so not a dual pc setup with a fixed ip adres.

Did everything described on the forum here.

Only get cover art of a few albums.

Rob

#9 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

Two things to try if you haven't. Increase RAM memory. Turn off Hibernate. In addition, clean up the JPLAY playlist then restart.
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.1098, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#10 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 28 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

I still cannot get album art.

I have a single PC setup so not a dual pc setup with a fixed ip adres.

Did everything described on the forum here.

Only get cover art of a few albums.

Rob

Hi I’ve had this problem before which which remote app are you using?

#11 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Hi Thuan,

I have 8GB memory do you think it's not enough?

How to clean the playlist?

Maybe remove BubbleUPnP en do a fresh install?

Rob I use Bubbleupnp most of the time but I also have mconnect with the same problem.

Rob

#12 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hi Rob, both theses apps have been trouble free for me, have you tried deleting the Jplay library in the Jplay folder? I’m assuming that all your artwork is in JPEG format? I seem to remember reading this file in notepad when I had problems and found that the wrong ip was attached to the images therefore it would be unable to send the images to the remote device, best of luck.

Best Regards Rob. 

#13 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

I prefer 8GB on audioPC for better SQ, but 16GB RAM on singlePC would probably benefit if your music library is huge. Rob is right, clean up the JPLAY music library by stopping the JPLAY Femto Server first, using Notepad to open, edit, delete ALL contents of MusicLibrary, saving it, and restating the JPLAY Femto Server. Admittedly, I sometimes get a artwork mix-up after a fresh installation. Those are only ideas of things I would try if I were you.
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.1098, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#14 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:28 PM

I prefer 8GB on audioPC for better SQ, but 16GB RAM on singlePC would probably benefit if your music library is huge.  Rob is right, clean up the JPLAY music library by stopping the JPLAY Femto Server first, unsing Notepad to open, edit, delete ALL contents of MusicLibrary, saving it, and restating the JPLAY Femto Server.  Admittedly, I sometimes get a artwork mix-up after a fresh installation.  Those are only ideas of things I would try if I were you.      

I had this problem a while back. The solution detailed by Thuan worked for me :)

Acer Windows Server 2016 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2016 (Intel i3/4GB) (Control PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto / JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.2 / M2Tech Hiface Evo, Paul Hynes Power Supply / Naim Audio DAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS, Linn Sondek LP12 / Naim Audio ARO / Linn Troika / Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio CDS2 / Naim Audio XPS, Naim Audio NAT02, Naim Audio NAC52 / Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio SBLs

#15 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:14 AM

Oké going to try this.

But I have no separate artwork with the M4a files it's embedded.

Rob

#16 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:07 AM

Oké going to try this.

But I have no separate artwork with the M4a files it's embedded.

Rob

I also had the problem of embedded cover art showing up for only some albums. Deleting the contents of the JPLAY Music Library folder also solved the problem for me. How did it go for you?

Control Point: Huawei Mate 20 with 128Gb storage and 6 Gb RAM running Bubble UPnP, or Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz), 1Tb 5400 rpm SATA HD and 16Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz RAM running Upplay 1.4.1 or Audionet-RCP 3.5.0

Control and Audio-PCs: Asus Mini PC PN60 with Intel Core i5 8250U (1.6 GHz), 250Gb Kingston A2000 NVMe SSD (Control-PC) or 480Gb Kingston A1000 NVMe SSD (Audio-PC) and 8Gb DDR4 2400 MHz RAM

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edtion Desktop) optimized via Fidelizer Pro 8.5, Process Lasso Server Edition 9.7.0.48, MinorityClean XXVIII, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (with command prompt shell), and a modified Computer Audio Design Desktop Services Killer script plus additional Windows Services and Background Processes terminated as described here: (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mLbjF1KK1s9-ioBarYzdm0M5RhpuVLHE)

Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO UPnP Renderer (Alternative version), Server: JPLAY femtoServer, File Manager: Q-Dir 8.04, Library Manager: JRiver MC19

JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON

Equipment Configuration: Control Point Phone / Laptop > WiFi > Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord SilverPlus USB Cable  > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > DIY speaker cables (PVC doubly insulated 11 AWG Tycab wire, Neotech Banana/Spade connectors, TechFlex braid) > Bryston passive external crossovers > speaker cables as above > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers

Music Storage: Main Library: Seagate 6Tb HDD/Hub + 3Tb ext HDD (Avencore Premium USB 3.0 used for HDD interconnect and connection to Control PC); Backup: Seagate 6Tb ext HDD + 3Tb ext HDD (x2)

#17 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

Ok here’s what i did.

stopped the JPLAYServive and JPLAYfemto.

Switch of hybernate 

Deleted the playlist in BubbleUPNP en the content of MusicLibrary.

restart JPLAYService and JPLAYfemto.

No difference not al artwork is visable.

I let it run overnight and still the same.

My harddrive looks like this.

D:\Music\artist\album

In Some album Maps I find ex_art.jpg files.

Wich program put it there?

Rob

#18 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

nobody?

Where are the files coming from Jplay or BubbleUPNP.

Rob

#19 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:30 PM

Hi Rob if I were you I would note an album that has no artwork and then look at the file in D:\Music and see if there is artwork for that album and what format it is, it needs to be JPG, if no artwork is in the folder no art will be displayed in Femto Library, if you use a different library manager it will source Tags from the internet, asset UPNP works well and has radio, hope this helps.

Best Regards Rob.

#20 RCDingen

RCDingen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

Hi Rob,

I did look and there is no artwork in the folder.

So if I understand this I have to put the jpg files into the folder?

Which library manager can I use for this?

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users