Photo

can WLAN on Control PC be made less noisy?

WLAN Control PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lipatti

Lipatti

Beginner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Hello,

I am running the usual two PC JPlay setting:

Windows 2019, Server Boards, ECC Ram from Apacer, SLC SSDs, AO, RME 9632 Soundcard

So far so good. Very nice results.

Now I also want to use Qobuz, which forces me into having an internet connection.

I know CAT5 lan connection would be the best, but lets say in my household 15m cable from another room crossing the living room is not acceptable  ;)

Is there any acceptable way to have a WLAN connection that is not THAT noisy to the ControlPC?

So far I use an Fritzbox USB-WLAN-Stick.

I am fine if that requires some more investment (not too much please).

Looked here but I didn't find any recommendation except for "7 ways to improve sound quality of streaming services" from Marcin which recommends not to use WLAN.

I am using Minim-Server as Server for the music on the local SSD inside of the Control PC. Kazoo for controling Minim Server + JPlayService (6.2, since I am still playing around with installations)

I found BubbleDS working with Qobuz on my Control Point (Samsung Tablet), although not very stable.

Any help would be appreciated ...

• PlimusZ, Botanx, NeelsemD and 1 other like this

#2 The Chaplin (Peter C)

The Chaplin (Peter C)

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:53 PM

Marcin is right :) Avoid wifi always, too much noise.

Use cable or filtered homeplug -> so homeplug pass through but then you have to filter your mains supply on all the audio supplies.

Hence cable (ethernet) is best, and screened; so cat7 or best to date cat8.

Compare the different connections then you'll hear. Then find a way of running the cable :)

• Iain likes this

[JPlay FemtoServer][mconnectPlayer (iOS)][ControlPC XM21M(@16v) Shuttle xh61v i7-3770t PX-128M5M Lan x2][WinServer 2012R2][JPlay 7Dalt KS Direct DACLink 1000Hz Clock 0.5ms AO 1.40][cat8@1Gb 3m][Cisco 2960G-8TC-L][cat8@1Gb 1m][AudioPC XM21M(@12.3v) picoPSU-160-XT Streacom FC5 B75MR2.0 Intel i7-3770t@1.6GHz JCat Usb][WinServer2012 R2 AO 1.40][CustomUSBcable no+5v][Auralic Vega filter 1, exact clock][Van Damme StarQuad Gold Neutrik XLR][ATC SCM40A][vdh 1st ultimate][Stax SRM313 SR303][LAT & Custom Power Cables][2 Separate Ring Mains Filtered]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users