#1 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:15 AM

In order to take advantage of the I2S ports on my Singer SU-6 and Gustard X-26 DAC (both recently acquired), I've been looking for a short and decent sounding HDMI cable that connects the IIS ports.  Without a readily available one, I'm using a 1m SignalCable HDMI to break in the DAC.  A 0.5 ft 4K HDMI cable proves too short.  A 0.75m VIABLUE HDMI is coming tomorrow.  A 0.3m (1 foot) WireWorld UltraVilolet HDMI is arriving a day after.  I'm excited and expecting improved SQ when those short cables are here.

What I2S cable(s) are you using?

• recepky, Patelr, BerangerM and 2 others like this
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.1039, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#2 Rob

Rob

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

Hello Thuan, I use a 300mm WireWorld UltraViolet to connect my SU1 to my Gustard X20 PRO. Same as you I got a cheap one to run it in, there was a noticable improvement in the noise floor as well as SQ using the WireWorld UltraViolet, someone did some testing and arrived at the conclusion shorter is better with HDMI cables for this purpose,enjoy your new kit.
Best Regards Rob.
  • Thuan likes this

#3 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

I use AQ Vodka 0.6m and I am very happy with that.

• Thuan and LJONESDEN like this

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#4 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:13 AM

Thanks guys for your inputs. So far the WW UltraViolet is the winner in my 10 days new kit. Classical music plays beautifully on it. The Singxer/Gus combo is neutral, I think.
  • Rob likes this
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.1039, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#5 LJONESDEN

LJONESDEN

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

I've ordered an AQ Vodka .6m cable last weekend and hoping for arrival within the next week (they were out of stock and had to back order it).  I sought a shorter (less than 1M) HDMI cable that had Silver in it's construction and this one seemed to be the sweet spot between quality and still remain (relatively) affordable.  I just installed a PinkFaun I2S bridge card in a new audio PC I built and needed a good cable to hook up to my PS Audio DirectStream DAC.  I'm hoping to hear some improved SQ with the higher quality cable vs. a 6ft (Yes, 6 feet long) Sony 4K HDMI cable purchased at Walmart currently being used (it was the only one laying around the house not in use, so I've used it to test out whether or not the new PinkFaun I2S card installed actually works, and it does).

• Thuan likes this

#6 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

Looking forward to your impressions on the Vodka.

#7 BernieFFM

BernieFFM

Beginner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

Looking forward to your impressions on the Vodka.

+1

#8 LJONESDEN

LJONESDEN

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

OK, I've received my AQ Vodka cable and I was impressed immediately right out of the box, without any burn in time.  It was a dramatic difference to say the least.  If anyone ever doubted that a $300 HDMI Cable sounded any different than a Sony $15 cable purchased at Walmart, they would understand immediately after hearing the two back to back in my setup within the first 5 seconds of listening. 

About a week after listening to the Vodka cable, I came across a deal at Music Direct for the AQ Mocha Cable for $200.  That particular cable has the identical construction of the AQ Coffee, including their dielectric system that shields the cable from EMI/RFI. The Coffee cable retails for over $500, while the Mocha cable in the same length was $200, and is identical in construction to the Coffee.  Needless to say, I picked up one and have been listening to it for the last 30 days.  Although i didn't have time to adequately break in the .6m Vodka cable (only listened to it for a little over a week before installing the 1m Mocha cable).  I wasn't able to determine any difference between the .6m Vodka cable and the 1m Mocha cable, and they both sounded excellent.  Given that the Mocha cable is really the previous generation Coffee cable, just rebranded, I returned the Vodka cable and am now listening via the 1m Mocha cable.  I couldn't be happier with the improvement in SQ over the $15 Sony cable purchased at Walmart.  It was a reminder that cables absolutely make a huge difference in SQ. 

I wish I had been able to get shorter length Mocha cable rather than the 1m, and make a direct comparison to the .6m Vodka cable, but they were not available.  Given that both the Vodka and Mocha/Coffee all have the same 10% Silver plating content, the only difference is that the Vodka doesn't have their dielectric shielding system.  In my system, I didn't notice any sound difference between the .6m Vodka and 1m Mocha, but that's not to say there isn't a difference.  I didn't have time to properly break in either of the cables so I can't offer any opinion other than I couldn't tell any SQ difference between the two in my system. 

• ellisdj, Thuan and BernieFFM like this

#9 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:25 AM

Thank you for sharing the experience and impressions on both cables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users