• Please log in to reply
922 replies to this topic

#661 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:19 AM

FYI - latest MC versions could be found in my signature.

• Thuan likes this

#662 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:31 AM

Sweet it is not as MC57 is, but MC61 is bolder and more delicate at the same time. It's sailing thru Qobuz's soprano Aida Garifullina songs and Eric Clapton's Unplugged album with flying colors without a trace of highs fatigue that I'm always leery of. Same can be said about MC61 while playing Best Audiophile Voices. This is Oryaaaaa's latest winner, thank you.

And thanks again and again to those who have taken the time to test, listen to, make it accessible and share your accurate assessments and enthusiastic recommendation. Love you guys.
  • blawre likes this
WS2019 DC v1697, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.7, JPLAY Femto, MC85, BubbleUPnP 3.4.14.

#663 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 03:43 AM

FYI - apparently the author just posted an update here

http://mimizukobo.sa...ic&no=7615#7680

MC61 (mirror)

http://www.mics.ne.j...0_Rev61_x64.zip

• Thuan likes this

#664 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:48 AM

oryaaaaa is back :wub: :wub: :wub:

#665 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:05 AM

(2020/10/11 Release), MinorityClean 61 x64
Included : Rewrite data 3.82 x64

Bug head Nontallion 12.26 (PINK HQ 3.13)

http://www.mics.ne.j...Bughead_x64.zip

FYI - right now downloads are still freely available internationally and the status will be changed to shareware / freeware after 2 months

https://cdorya.haten...20/10/11/130113

Basically the international version will be limited to CD playback and no upgrade path was mentioned.

The Japanese version — everything for shareware / CD playback for freeware respectively.

• Thuan likes this

#666 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

oryaaaaa is back :wub: :wub: :wub:

++

WS2019 DC v1697, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.7, JPLAY Femto, MC85, BubbleUPnP 3.4.14.

#667 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:45 PM

(2020/10/11 Release), MinorityClean 61 x64
Included : Rewrite data 3.82 x64

Bug head Nontallion 12.26 (PINK HQ 3.13)

http://www.mics.ne.j...Bughead_x64.zip

FYI - right now downloads are still freely available internationally and the status will be changed to shareware / freeware after 2 months

https://cdorya.haten...20/10/11/130113

Basically the international version will be limited to CD playback and no upgrade path was mentioned.

The Japanese version — everything for shareware / CD playback for freeware respectively.

I don't think your translation is entirely correct. I think oryaaaaa is unhappy about some international users of his software for some reason, so he wants to restrict its use just for Japanese users.

Anyone knows what is going on here? It seems to me that he receive nothing but praise on various international HiFi forums, and his software is loved by many, including jPlay users.

#668 internethandle

internethandle

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:09 PM

It is difficult to say what is going on exactly due to the language barrier, as has also been the case many times in the past.

There was a period approximately a year to two years ago when oryaaaaa split the software he was offering at the time into a pay and non-pay version, but the site he was hosting the pay version on (I believe this was for "High Grade CPU Any Cures," which was a predecessor to MinorityClean and a successor to "All Core Any Cures") was not accessible to international users because the only method of paying for the software was via a Japanese credit card or bank account. I do not blame oryaaaaa for feeling the need to charge for his creations, and I suspect that his plan to do so again may involve using a similar Japanese site to host the pay version which precludes international users from its use. Thankfully for those of use who are international, the last time he adopted this pay model did not last very long, and he reverted to a freeware model again rather quickly. 

I am confused about the "CD playback" translation/description, as I've been using oryaaaaa's software for at least five years and do not recall any of his players previously having the ability to playback optical media such as CD's, so I suspect that this may be a mis-translation of his plan to limit his players to "redbook" (so, 16/44.1/CD "quality") files only for international users, and only offer hi-res playback for Japanese users. Again, I am unsure if this is truly the case due to translation issues.

#669 internethandle

internethandle

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:29 AM

Also, I will say that as much as I enjoy the idea of having a repository for past versions of MC and other oryaaaaa software, I would not be surprised if he feels offended that they are being made publicly available. Perhaps we should refrain from publicly posting links to past versions of MC/other oryaaaaa software, and if we wish to share them we should do so via private message or other less conspicuous means. 

• blawre likes this

#670 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

Also, I will say that as much as I enjoy the idea of having a repository for past versions of MC and other oryaaaaa software, I would not be surprised if he feels offended that they are being made publicly available. Perhaps we should refrain from publicly posting links to past versions of MC/other oryaaaaa software, and if we wish to share them we should do so via private message or other less conspicuous means. 

Yes, this was also my first thought. He even explicitly said he don't want the old versions of MC to be used, and that only links to his site should be shared.

Today, oryaaaaa posted a new blog post, sheding some light on the situation with the shareware / freeware problem.

Apparently, there are some extremely restrictive laws in Japan, when it comes to selling audio players. Basically you can be sued and you will have to pay insanelly high fees/fines (like 5x your profit?!) if your audio player does not have high quality sound (how is that measured anyways?)

I think oryaaaaa is worried that he could get into very much legal and financial troubles, which is very understandable.

Also, he had some legal issues with using the names Coolverse and Octahedron, which are apparently registered trademarks (???)

Also, there are probably some legal restrictions on making free software in Japan, oryaaaaa apparently had some legal issues with that too, and someone forced him to pay some kind of fees (I did not understood this part of his blog post very well, so I might be completely wrong with that)

Damn, I really wish I could help this guy in some way. Another brilliant mind and genius programmer destroyed by bureaucracy and law enforcement. This really makes me angry. Please, let this guy do his thing and make some money along the way, and don't harass him with some legal nonsense!

Maybie setting up a Patreon account and accepting donations instead of payments for software would be the solution? Some small, independent developers are doing that. I would be extremely happy to send oryaaaaa whatever I could every month.

#671 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

++

We need to establish a communication channel to him, a Japanese speaking liaison ideally.  Then setting up a fund under his name so his fans like us can pay for his generous contributions.

#672 herman17

herman17

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:17 PM

++

We need to establish a communication channel to him, a Japanese speaking liaison ideally.  Then setting up a fund under his name so his fans like us can pay for his generous contributions.

yes great idea, I'll join!

• Thuan and gonefishing like this

ControlPC W2019 GUI / AudioPC W2019 GUI / JplayFemto / AO  /  Singxer SU-6 i2S  / DAC PS Audio DSD  - PrimaLuna EVO 400  tube power amplifier - KEF 207/2 / Synology DS918 NAS

#673 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:02 PM

Hiroyuki, if you are reading this, set up a Patreon account (or any other donation service account - GoFundMe, JustGiving...) and accept donations form your fans, instead of selling the software. 

This way, you will avoid all the legal issues with selling audio software, and any tax issues (donations are tax-exempt in the most parts of the world), and any issues with PayPal claims / refunds.

Worry-free money for you, to support you and the development of your awesome software. You deserve this.

• billgr and Thuan like this

#674 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Beginner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:06 AM

"MinorityClean_2020_Rev62_x64.zip"
Size 557,269 bytes ( 544 KB )
MD5 FDA70854AA5D2F53F5E40E264CDA19FE
SHA2-256 20BEE744C528E3105F9AE3B5478
7661BE93F038F449F28B85B5FBCD3059ACB04

#675 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:47 AM

With MC62, my dream of MinorotyClean with clarity, purity, extended-ness of 60, and excitement of 57 kind-of come true.

Hell, MC62 is even more clear, pure and extended than MC60, yet it is more exciting than 57.

This is just unbelievable. I have never heard signal so pure coming out of digital transport. I can't stop listening. I'm mind-blown!

Thank you, oryaaaaa, for these gifts, you completely changed the way I listen to music :wub: :wub: :wub:

• blawre likes this

#676 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:00 AM

Where can I download MC62?

#677 HungryBear

HungryBear

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:02 AM

http://www.mics.ne.j...Clean/#download

#678 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:22 AM

Many many thanks, HungryBear.

#679 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:07 AM

I was a bit wary of trying 62 after my positive experience with 61.

However 62 seems to be another step forward on the road to the closest approach to the original sound (apologies for quoting an old Quad moto)
  • Iain likes this

#680 herman17

herman17

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

he did it again with 62...

so, before this great idea fades away... thinking about a fair donation: for me the value is at least at the level of JPLAY ($175) and AO($109) and certainly exceeds that of Fidelizer ($68) or Lasso ($25).

what do you guys think?

++

Yes, this was also my first thought. He even explicitly said he don't want the old versions of MC to be used, and that only links to his site should be shared.

Today, oryaaaaa posted a new blog post, sheding some light on the situation with the shareware / freeware problem.

Apparently, there are some extremely restrictive laws in Japan, when it comes to selling audio players. Basically you can be sued and you will have to pay insanelly high fees/fines (like 5x your profit?!) if your audio player does not have high quality sound (how is that measured anyways?)

I think oryaaaaa is worried that he could get into very much legal and financial troubles, which is very understandable.

Also, he had some legal issues with using the names Coolverse and Octahedron, which are apparently registered trademarks (???)

Also, there are probably some legal restrictions on making free software in Japan, oryaaaaa apparently had some legal issues with that too, and someone forced him to pay some kind of fees (I did not understood this part of his blog post very well, so I might be completely wrong with that)

Damn, I really wish I could help this guy in some way. Another brilliant mind and genius programmer destroyed by bureaucracy and law enforcement. This really makes me angry. Please, let this guy do his thing and make some money along the way, and don't harass him with some legal nonsense!

Maybie setting up a Patreon account and accepting donations instead of payments for software would be the solution? Some small, independent developers are doing that. I would be extremely happy to send oryaaaaa whatever I could every month.

• eur2 likes this

ControlPC W2019 GUI / AudioPC W2019 GUI / JplayFemto / AO  /  Singxer SU-6 i2S  / DAC PS Audio DSD  - PrimaLuna EVO 400  tube power amplifier - KEF 207/2 / Synology DS918 NAS

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

tensionfire