#361 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

With or without MC no big difference to me. Maybe you've noticed I do not participate very often. Just stopped fiddling with PCs and started listening to music. I don't think my system could sound better than it does at the moment. Minimal improvements in the range of 0.1 or 0.5% are irrelevant.

• Thuan likes this

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#362 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:30 PM

Greetings taxman2,

If you can hear the changes and assert that they are positive, then I don't consider them to be irrelevant -personally. "Fiddling with PCs" actually makes me listen more, not less. Comparing doesn't take very long for me, you either hear a difference or you don't, if your happy with the changes I'm actually more inclined and excited to listen to music, because it becomes "new" again. I think MinorityClean makes more of a difference than 0.5%...different ears, different gears I suppose...I see from your system your running other optimizers...the "price" of being an audiophile is comparing different tools at your disposal to find what works best for you and your system, if your happy without MC, than I see why you don't participate here...most in the thread seem happy with MC in their system.Refer to BernieK's post he made earlier in the thread for why these tweaks add up to make great sound, he made an excellent analogy on this topic. One thing this audio journey has taught me is, your system can always sound better.

Regards,

~considerthe______

• Thuan and blawre like this

#363 recepky

recepky

Beginner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:52 PM

There seemed to be some confusion about how/why to use "Digital Stabilizer for Broadcast" earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd provide my take on its use:

"Digital Stabilizer for Broadcast" is the spiritual descendant, as far as I understand it, of an earlier project of oryaaaaa's, "Rewrite Data". That program would literally rewrite a file with a proprietary process of oryaaaaa's, whether it be music files, program files, or driver files (e.g. DAC USB drivers), resulting in SQ improvement. Like that program, this one is also built into his players, such as Qctahedron, in that it performs the digital bit stabilization process on the selected music files before playing, and there's also an option to apply the process to the player's own EXE/driver/etc. files before launching. So the idea is that you can use Digital Stabilizer for Broadcast on anything the user wishes -- so far I've used it on my TIDAL.exe and TIDALPlayer.exe, for example, to good effect, but you could also use it on Chrome, your DAC's driver files, or the program files of a different music player program/whatever. Simply launch dbStabilizerBroadcast.exe, navigate to the file you want to process, and run the program to apply the "stabilization" routine to that file. Afterward, check for SQ change/benefit.

Hey man

thank you so much for the info 

I tried the dbstabilizer on the jplaydriver64.dll and get very positive results, I am now using MC 27 + "stabilized" jplay driver, everybody should try the stabilizer.

Dont forget the stop using that particular "file" you want to stabilize otherwise dbstabilizer wont work, you will get error.

• blawre and considerthesource like this

-PC: Intel i3 haswell - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz - Samsung Evo SSD (OS) - Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)

-DAC: Asus Xonar STX (Audio-GD Clock, Sonic Imagery 994enh IV opamps, Burson V5 buffer opamp)

-ASIO: JPLAY 

-OPTIMIZER: Fidelizer Pro & Process Lasso & MinorityClean.exe (43)

#364 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

Just stopped fiddling with PCs and started listening to music. I don't think my system could sound better than it does at the moment. Minimal improvements in the range of 0.1 or 0.5% are irrelevant.

I'm with you on this one taxman2. I think that we need to be careful that we listen tomusic and not the system. When applying different tweaks, it is surely inevitable that one will listen to the system as well as the music.

• FelipeRolim likes this

Acer Windows Server 2019 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Control PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2019 (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto, JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.5 / Singxer SU-1 S/PDIF Converter / Paul Pang Switch, ifi iPower / Uptone Audio USB Regen, ifi iPower / Naim Audio nDAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS / Linn Sondek LP12, Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio ARO, Linn Troika / Naim Audio CDS2, Naim Audio XPS / Naim Audio NAT02 / Naim Audio NAC52, Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio NAP250 / Naim Audio SBLs

#365 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:29 PM

Greetings taxman2,

If you can hear the changes and assert that they are positive, then I don't consider them to be irrelevant -personally. "Fiddling with PCs" actually makes me listen more, not less. Comparing doesn't take very long for me, you either hear a difference or you don't, if your happy with the changes I'm actually more inclined and excited to listen to music, because it becomes "new" again. I think MinorityClean makes more of a difference than 0.5%...different ears, different gears I suppose...I see from your system your running other optimizers...the "price" of being an audiophile is comparing different tools at your disposal to find what works best for you and your system, if your happy without MC, than I see why you don't participate here...most in the thread seem happy with MC in their system.Refer to BernieK's post he made earlier in the thread for why these tweaks add up to make great sound, he made an excellent analogy on this topic. One thing this audio journey has taught me is, your system can always sound better.

Regards,

~considerthe______

Well said. Like taxman2 I don't participate in this MinorityClean thread, as I feel my current setup sounds pretty darn good to these ears. On the other hand, like you I'm "actually more inclined and excited to listen to music because it becomes "new" again." Instead of MC, I've found some other ways to achieve similar results, to make the music I had been familiar with "new" and "better" again. All roads lead to Rome.
  • FelipeRolim, Rob and considerthesource like this
WS2019 ServerDaterCenter 10.0.17763.1282, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, JPLAY Femto, MC45, BubbleUPnP.

#366 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

That's why in my texts you'll always see words like "emotion", "life" and "expressiveness". We can never forget that music is always above equipment, and this is what I always have in mind.

• Mellowman, Rob and considerthesource like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Schiit Freya preamp. with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 tubes and Sunrise V8 MK IV as two channel power amplifier;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;

- Digital transport: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version, Minority Clean and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR and Siltech 770i XLR (interconnects), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (preamp.), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (power amp.), 2 x Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor and computers), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC) and Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all internal wires from the computers).

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#367 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:29 AM

That's why in my texts you'll always see words like "emotion", "life" and "expressiveness". We can never forget that music is always above equipment, and this is what I always have in mind.

Bravo! This is exactly why we spend so much time tweaking PC'S & Hardware, and performing comparisons - the goal is to honor the music to the best of your ability with what you have. When a system sounds dialed, I don't hear "the system" I hear love, pain, soul, heartbreak, good times & bad times, energy, ecstasy. I hear some of the greatest stories ever told unfold from my speakers & headphones. We are thriving to re-animate the life back into the system.

As Thuan said: "All roads lead to Rome" It's not about where you are, it's about where your going...I choose to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. The day I give up on bettering my systems sound is the day I give up on music...not going to happen.

Remember oryaaaaa's motto: That sounds good, make the sound better!

Not just limited to MC, this simple phrase can be applied to any avenue of music reproduction.

If your happy with your system (or not) remember to enjoy your labor of love.

Warm regards,

considerthe_____

• blawre, FelipeRolim and Rob like this

#368 blawre

blawre

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

Bravo! This is exactly why we spend so much time tweaking PC'S & Hardware, and performing comparisons - the goal is to honor the music to the best of your ability with what you have. When a system sounds dialed, I don't hear "the system" I hear love, pain, soul, heartbreak, good times & bad times, energy, ecstasy. I hear some of the greatest stories ever told unfold from my speakers & headphones. We are thriving to re-animate the life back into the system.

As Thuan said: "All roads lead to Rome" It's not about where you are, it's about where your going...I choose to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. The day I give up on bettering my systems sound is the day I give up on music...not going to happen.

Remember oryaaaaa's motto: That sounds good, make the sound better!

Not just limited to MC, this simple phrase can be applied to any avenue of music reproduction.

If your happy with your system (or not) remember to enjoy your labor of love.

Warm regards,

considerthe_____

At this point, I would like to thank all those who have experimented and reported with the numerous versions of Minority Clean that have been presented.

Its only by trial and error that we will be able to move forward.

Sometimes there is a step backward, but I am convinced that the light at the end of the tunnel will always shine brighter in the end.

• Mellowman, FelipeRolim and considerthesource like this

#369 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

February 20 (Thu) 2020/02/20 Version
  •  Resident software changed from High Grade CPU Any Cures to (Replace to) MinorityClean XXVII.
  •  With Bug head Low, the processing time for one CD is reduced to about 5 minutes. In Nontallion High, it is reduced to about 20 minutes.
  •  Source code corresponding to MinorityClean and NaturalBlade.dll has been included in Shared.
  •  USB-DAC DA-310USB is no longer supported. Please change to Singxer SDA-2C SU-2.

"package_20200220_Bughead_x64.zip"
Size 41,528,541 bytes (39.6 MB)
MD5 AC6CDDC0D6DEA467E502578B8774335F
SHA2-256 7787D26DC45CE962B27F174E9AD
A208A52C883C8D9E707FF313E5C2E9F7368E1

Bug head Nontallion 11.81 (PINK HQ Qctahedron 2.68)

• blawre and recepky like this

#370 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

February 21, 2020 (Fri) 2/21/2020 Version
  •  Resident software changed from High Grade CPU Any Cures to (Replace to) MinorityClean XXVII.
  •  With Bug head Low, the processing time for one CD is reduced to about 5 minutes. In Nontallion High, it is reduced to about 20 minutes.
  •  Source code corresponding to MinorityClean and NaturalBlade.dll has been included in Shared.
  •  USB-DAC DA-310USB is no longer supported. Please change to Singxer SDA-2C SU-2.

"package_20200221_Bughead_x64.zip"
Size 43,623,737 bytes (41.6 MB)
MD5 211C1DEEEF4D821D5EEFD92B5A685B09
SHA2-256 B30AE2AC2B8A1089572B10B8C07
662A1987CD82B38B174357041CF4FA1FAE5C7

Bug head Nontallion 11.82 (PINK HQ Qctahedron 2.69)

• recepky likes this

#371 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

February 22 (Sat) 2020/02/22 Version

"package_20200222_Bughead_x64.zip"
Size 43,621,757 bytes (41.6 MB)
MD5 C829F829DA7B109FA0B3ADEDF1F92147
SHA2-256 789E79AF7D53A272A901A09E153
B4672074D0EA1BC249FCBF4C222FEEE1AF10D

Bug head Nontallion 11.83 (PINK HQ Qctahedron 2.70)

#372 TJHUB

TJHUB

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:04 AM

For what it's worth, MC27 has a much nicer improvement when used with AO. Without AO, I'm not sure I'd use it as it collapses my stage depth.

I still need to listen more, but this is how I feel after tonight's listening.
  • blawre likes this
JPLAY Femto Setup: Single PC (Intel S1200KPR/XEON based), Windows Server 2016 GUI, JPLAY Femto, UltraStream engine (DAC Link = 500Hz, KS, and Hibernate), Motherboard USB port to DAC. HD-Plex linear power supply powering PC. Music library stored locally on OS 2.5” HDD (2TB Western Digital Blue, 5,400RPM). UPnP control point: Bubble UPnP or fidata.

#373 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

February 25 (Tue) 2020/02/25 Version

"package_20200225_Bughead_x64.zip"
Size 43,622,349 bytes (41.6 MB)
MD5 5814D6FF569BBED52221035CFFC834BB
SHA2-256 C7947574882BBB093324AF572DE
C6D0251533CEAA4CC259A4C3044372D7FDB4F

Bug head Nontallion 11.84 (PINK HQ Qctahedron 2.71)

#374 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:34 AM

EXE type
(2020/03/13 Release), MinorityClean 28 x64 (complete loop specification) (EXE 20.1MB)
with (Source code. Source code 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 25 28)

•  Designed based on MSI business motherboard. No consideration for other companies.
  •  It is not designed based on the internal circuit of the memory chip. Adjusted closer to CPU standard.

"MinorityClean_2020_Rev28_x64.zip"
Size 4,345,317 (4.14 MB)
MD5 B11545CAB4A64545AFFC605916E50E65
SHA2-256 1F2A68EBDFDDE6CAFBF52E488B8
B3EB183FFA07DB9DEC6F8700F2D66D3B98FD9

MinorityClean_2020_Rev28_x64.zip

#375 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBordeaux (France)

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:39 AM

Hello

Thanks for this information.

To avoid a misunderstanding, do we have to consider this version is dedicated to "MSI motherboard" ?

Thanks

• Anto likes this

#376 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

Hi,

I have the same question than LittleScarabee...

• Anto likes this

#377 considerthesource

considerthesource

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

Greetings LittleScarabee/DC,

I am unable to answer this question personally, perhaps oryaaaaa could make a statement regarding this question - he can be contacted via his DISCORD channel. Link is at the bottom of his homepage.

I am currently experimenting with MC 28, and the instrument separation is really excellent. I have not tested enough to comment any further....

Blessings.

~considerthe______

• blawre likes this

#378 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:56 AM

Many thanks for your answer considerthesource.

Are you using a MSI motherboard by your side?

#379 Anto

Anto

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:40 PM

I listen to version 28 all day, and I must say that I really like it! :o  :o  :o 

I really think it will take the throne out of version 13!

Text a few more hours, and then I'll issue the verdict. Happy listening to everyone Anto ;) 

• blawre, FelipeRolim and considerthesource like this

#380 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBordeaux (France)

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

Hi

@All -

No issue on my side (Motherboard = Supermicro) ; but nothing better on my side, still the same improvement than v24

@Considerthesource -

Thanks for your message, no worries  ;) 

• Anto and considerthesource like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users