#1 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

l1010799.jpg?w=1920&ssl=1

ISOLATE NOISE FROM THE NETWORK AND GET BETTER SOUND

Disconnects electrical connection between devices connected together via Ethernet network, prevents current flow, ground-loops & AC hum which effectively eliminates noise in modern audio systems resulting in better sound quality. 

SPECIFICATION:

Gigabit Ethernet network isolator for network audio

Provides galvanic isolation on all signal lines up to 5kV

Breaks data lines & shield (protection against ground loops)

Reduces noise & mains hum transmitted over network connection to inaudible level

Protects against power surges

Plug & Play transparent operation, no drivers needed

Install between the Ethernet cable which connects to home network (the router or the switch) and the network audio component (music server, network renderer)

For best performance install in close distance to the network audio  component (music server, network  renderer)

The Ethernet cable entering the NET Isolator from home network (the router or the switch) does not have to be very high quality, but it is recommended that the short Ethernet cable from the NET Isolator to the network audio component (music server, network renderer) is audio-grade – it is of most importance

The NET Isolator eliminates harshness caused by the network noise and makes the listening stressfree. Noisefloor is lower, music flows more effortless and finer details can be heard easily

Connectors: RJ45 (input), RJ45 (output)

Supported transmission speeds: 10Mbit/s, 100Mbit/s, 1Gbit/s

Housing made of non-conductive plastic

Available now at the JCAT shop: https://jcat.eu/product/net-isolator/

• ellisdj, FelipeRolim, JafesSet and 4 others like this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:52 PM

I use the NET Isolator with my single PC setup in 2 scenarios:

1) between the router and the JCAT NET FEMTO. The Ethernet cable from the router to the NET Isolator is not audio-grade. The cable from the NET Isolator to the PC with JCAT NET is JCAT Signature. The last 1m of the cable is crucial, similar to power cords. 

2) between the router and the M12 SWITCH MAGIC or GOLD. Then the switch connects directly to the JCAT NET Card FEMTO. 

Note that music does NOT have to be streamed over network - the improvement in sound quality is always as long as your audio PC/music server is connected to the network. 

I can recommend the NET Isolator to anyone who is not interested in buying expensive network switch such as the M12 SWITCH GOLD / MAGIC. I'd recommend investing in one short (1m) audio-grade ethernet cable, the best possible you can afford and use this ethernet cable to connect your PC/music server with the NET Isolator. This combination, depending on the quality of the Ethernet cable, will not offer the same level of performance as the expensive M12 SWITCH GOLD / MAGIC, but can offer the performance that is not too far away. 

• ellisdj, FelipeRolim and Carlosoptico like this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#3 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Beginner

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPedreguer , Alicante , España

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:05 AM

I commissioned a unit five minutes ago
  • Marcin_gps and ellisdj like this
HDPLEX H5 ,Intel Xeon E3 1235L v5 , Asus P10S WS , 16 GB RAM ECC Apacer , SSD Apacer SLC Ext. Temp. , SATA Reference JCAT , JCAT USB FEMTO , JCAT NET FEMTO , JCAT NET Isolator, JCAT USB-LAN Ground Conditioner ,PSU HDPLEX 200 ,Hub Orico , 3 X 4 TB WD , Totaldac USB cable, ISO ReGen + ultracaps lps1.2 , Devialet 400 with Sam 100% Audio Physic Cardeas plus, Kimber kable select 3033, Audio Physic Cardeas plus, furniture Artesania audio, installation electric solar 48 Volt, with converter sine wave pure victron 5000 W. Power cables CA Oyaide .
JPLAY FEMTO , KS Devialet , ultrastream, DAC Link 700 Hz , throtlle ON , Hibernate ON . 0,5 ms. , BubbleUPnP , Fidelizer 8.5 Pro

#4 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

Hi Marcin, how are you? I have a question about this device: in case of interconnection between computers using two JCAT Net Card FEMTO, is this NET Isolator still required? If so, why? Is its technology no longer (or shouldn't be) built into network cards? I shouldn't be long buying my two network cards, so this information interests me a lot. Thanks!

• Carlosoptico likes this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R);

- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version, Minority Clean and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#5 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hi Marcin, how are you? I have a question about this device: in case of interconnection between computers using two JCAT Net Card FEMTO, is this NET Isolator still required? If so, why? Is its technology no longer (or shouldn't be) built into network cards? I shouldn't be long buying my two network cards, so this information interests me a lot. Thanks!

Hi Felipe, 

I have not tried it in this configuration. But my guess is that it's not needed between 2 JCAT  NET Cards as these are 'clean' devices. 

Regards, 

Marcin

• FelipeRolim and Carlosoptico like this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#6 Carlosoptico

Carlosoptico

Beginner

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPedreguer , Alicante , España

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

Hello everyone
Today I received the JCAT NET Isolator and I connected it with a 1 meter Gentxu-audio Linkway CAT 8 Ethernet (JSSG360) cable to the SinglePC. On the other side of the Net Isolator a normal 5 meter cable to the router that gives it a switched source of iFi, with noise cancellation that I have been using for months. From the first moment, the sound is cleaner, more intelligible at all frequencies, there is more of everything ...
After four sessions of twelve hours the SQ has been refined, probably because the filming of the Linkway CAT 8 Ethernet cable is finished, which I have used before for other tasks ....
Today I installed Fidelizer Pro 8.4, which makes the SQ superior to that of Fidelizer Libre that I have installed and huge when compared without Fidelizer.
  • Marcin_gps, Thuan and FelipeRolim like this
HDPLEX H5 ,Intel Xeon E3 1235L v5 , Asus P10S WS , 16 GB RAM ECC Apacer , SSD Apacer SLC Ext. Temp. , SATA Reference JCAT , JCAT USB FEMTO , JCAT NET FEMTO , JCAT NET Isolator, JCAT USB-LAN Ground Conditioner ,PSU HDPLEX 200 ,Hub Orico , 3 X 4 TB WD , Totaldac USB cable, ISO ReGen + ultracaps lps1.2 , Devialet 400 with Sam 100% Audio Physic Cardeas plus, Kimber kable select 3033, Audio Physic Cardeas plus, furniture Artesania audio, installation electric solar 48 Volt, with converter sine wave pure victron 5000 W. Power cables CA Oyaide .
JPLAY FEMTO , KS Devialet , ultrastream, DAC Link 700 Hz , throtlle ON , Hibernate ON . 0,5 ms. , BubbleUPnP , Fidelizer 8.5 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users