182 replies to this topic

#181 Iain

Iain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

Definitely worth listening to Lampizator, I love mine and the ability to tube roll
  • Juliarob, MichaelpoUlk and JaReedo like this

#182 Chanh

Chanh

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

BTW - I couldn't help but notice that you have Accuphase DC1000 DAC in your system. Would you mind giving a short review of the DAC and to which DACs did you compare it?

Best regards,
Marcin

I must apologise to the OP, and those who follow this thread closely for being OT. I hope all is ok with me providing a response to Marcin as a courtesy. After all, it’s his home, and I feel irresponsible/rude if I am not responding.

To give you a perspective, I enjoy valves tonality and, for years, searching for that unreadable holy grail without success.
I had in my setup the following;
1. MSB Select two dual mono power and Femto clock,
2. dCS Vivaldi stack,
3. Esoteric ref
4. Gryphon Kalliope,
5. Mola Mola Tambaqui
6. My diy DDDAC with Tent Shunt regulators for 22 dac chips in parallel
7. Accuphase DC-1000.

MSB was my preference, but at $135,000.00 Australian, I can’t justify investing. It is the most resolute, transparent and yet very natural DAC I have ever heard. dCs is a bit dry and clean for my tastes but very high res and excellent timing. Esoteric is a bit lower in scale than dCS but less as pure. However, still a bit grainy to my cloth ears. Kalliope was too sweet and lacked resolution and finesse. A typical Gryphon in-house sonic signature. Mola is very resolute sharp, and clean. It took time to get used to. May the thing have improved in naturalness since 2017?

I pick flagship Accuphase because it has the most compromised sonic to my ears. I enjoy listening to it without fatiguing after an extended session. Most of all, it only costs AUD 40K compared to others with a much higher price tag. The interior from Accuphase truly defines attention to detail. A type of detail, if made in Europe or the US will cost significantly more. Overall, I settled with DC-1000 because the tone balance was just right to my ears, and the price is reasonable fair at AU$40,000.00.

As always, audio is subjective and a journey on its own. Please try in your setup where possible for synergy before commuting serious hard earn $$$. It’s a treasure to some, while others consider it trash. Feedback above is purely personal taste and subjective. Your findings possibly are different. This is a beauty about audio….!
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#183 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 03:28 PM

I must apologise to the OP, and those who follow this thread closely for being OT. I hope all is ok with me providing a response to Marcin as a courtesy. After all, it’s his home, and I feel irresponsible/rude if I am not responding.

To give you a perspective, I enjoy valves tonality and, for years, searching for that unreadable holy grail without success.
I had in my setup the following;
1. MSB Select two dual mono power and Femto clock,
2. dCS Vivaldi stack,
3. Esoteric ref
4. Gryphon Kalliope,
5. Mola Mola Tambaqui
6. My diy DDDAC with Tent Shunt regulators for 22 dac chips in parallel
7. Accuphase DC-1000.

MSB was my preference, but at $135,000.00 Australian, I can’t justify investing. It is the most resolute, transparent and yet very natural DAC I have ever heard. dCs is a bit dry and clean for my tastes but very high res and excellent timing. Esoteric is a bit lower in scale than dCS but less as pure. However, still a bit grainy to my cloth ears. Kalliope was too sweet and lacked resolution and finesse. A typical Gryphon in-house sonic signature. Mola is very resolute sharp, and clean. It took time to get used to. May the thing have improved in naturalness since 2017?

I pick flagship Accuphase because it has the most compromised sonic to my ears. I enjoy listening to it without fatiguing after an extended session. Most of all, it only costs AUD 40K compared to others with a much higher price tag. The interior from Accuphase truly defines attention to detail. A type of detail, if made in Europe or the US will cost significantly more. Overall, I settled with DC-1000 because the tone balance was just right to my ears, and the price is reasonable fair at AU$40,000.00.

As always, audio is subjective and a journey on its own. Please try in your setup where possible for synergy before commuting serious hard earn $$$. It’s a treasure to some, while others consider it trash. Feedback above is purely personal taste and subjective. Your findings possibly are different. This is a beauty about audio….!

Hi Chanh, 

Thank you. I'll move our posts to DAC topic later, so no worries about that.

Very interesting feedback. The Esoteric you tried was with their discrete Mastersound D/A module? 

I also had Kalliope and I loved it. Very exciting. And the best bass I heard from any DAC. 

My reference is APL DSD-MR SE set to DSD512/Zero filter. I'm using now in combination with Siltech triple crown power cord. I has much better resolution than any DAC I heard and is the most natural of all. Needs a good balanced company as any real high-end component. 

I will give the Accuphase a try at some point. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Marcin

Follow my hi-fi journey on YouTube

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users