#41 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hi Phil,

do you mean I can use AO3.0 on my Windows 10 HTPC?

Exactly this yes! :)
  • DC likes this

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

ıllıllı [  AO 3.00 IS HERE.... ] ıllıllı

#42 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

Interesting...

Do you have returns of HTPC's users with AO3.0?

#43 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

Interesting...

Do you have returns of HTPC's users with AO3.0?

What do you mean with returns?

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

#44 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:51 AM

Do you have positive comments from HTPC's users?

Is there for example, video improvements in addition to the SQ?

#45 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

Do you have positive comments from HTPC's users?
Is there for example, video improvements in addition to the SQ?

I have not tested for myself but all those who use AO for other tasks than advertised are very happy. It also seems to give better picture performance in video usage scenarios.

But as said, all those forms it can be used aside from audio playback are not tested or rated by us, nor is AO specifically optimized for those tasks. But all the feedback from those special users are good to very good yes.

logo.png

#46 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Ok many thanks for our answer.

Perhaps I will try but I need some apps in Windows 10 such as Netflix for example...  ;)

#47 erlando

erlando

Beginner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

Hello Phil,

...update from AO2.20 to AO3.00 >> no problems!

Sound ? Very, very good - made in Schwitzerland;-)

Many thanks or DANKE!!!

Best
Erland
  • AudioPhil and FelipeRolim like this

#48 Mellowman

Mellowman

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNantes - France

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

As I have not been able to play DSD256 or higher with a Windows dual PC setup and my Lampi/Amanero DAC, I am now using a Windows control PC connected (with fiber connection) to a Linux audio PC with GentooLinux, with great results. It even plays DSD512 using HQPlayer with no problem.

Recently I had to re-install the Windows control PC, and at first used it without AO, listening to some voice in my head that said "what difference can it make if it is only on the control PC and optically isolated from the audio PC?". However, I did buy the new AO3, if only to support Phil. This morning I installed and ran it on the control PC, and no doubt that little voice in my head was wrong. It is surely a big improvement! So I am extra happy I bought it.

This is not end of story: Amanero just published a Windows driver that should be able to play up to DSD512, so I will try again with dual Windows PC's, with or without JPLAY, depending on whether that works with the higher DSD resolutions. 

Hello 

Can you please note where you've found this brand new Amaneo Driver?

The one from the Amanero site seems dating from july 2017.

Thank you.

I'll update to AO3 (already purchased) at the same time i instal the new driver.

Hifi must serve the Music.

Not the opposite ;)

#49 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

Can you please note where you've found this brand new Amaneo Driver?

The one from the Amanero site seems dating from july 2017.

Thank you.

I'll update to AO3 (already purchased) at the same time i instal the new driver.

Here it is:

https://github.com/l...mment-497913457

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

#50 Mellowman

Mellowman

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNantes - France

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:47 AM

Thank You bodiebill !!!

Hifi must serve the Music.

Not the opposite ;)

#51 tricarr

tricarr

Beginner

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear its all working now.

What exactly did you do different this time?

I was looking for setup.exe for w2012R2 misunderstanding that you meant setup.exe for AO 3.0. 

This time whilst in core mode and usb stick with original w2012R2 connected, using command prompt , I pointed to AO3.0 setup .exe in the directory it

was installed and problem sorted.

#52 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:33 AM

I was looking for setup.exe for w2012R2 misunderstanding that you meant setup.exe for AO 3.0.

This time whilst in core mode and usb stick with original w2012R2 connected, using command prompt , I pointed to AO3.0 setup .exe in the directory it

was installed and problem sorted.

Ok, very nice. Thank you! :)

logo.png

#53 Iain

Iain

Beginner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

Everyone's system is different and different changes at different times can have very differing results. i was using Jplay Femto, AO2.2, fidelizer on win server 2016 and enjoying the sound I was getting. I "upgraded" to win 2019 with Fidelizer, but thought I needed to wait for AO3. In that time I could hear some benefits, but overall found the sound a bit fatiguing/fierce and was disappointed, wishing I had not wiped the win 2016 part of the HD.

Then AO3 was released! but I was away and itching to give it a go, I followed this thread and was pleased to get back and install. The improvement is very significant and two years after giving up vinyl, I am hearing something that exceeds what was a phonemonal vinyl set up.

the collective effect sounds so natural and unhifi it is a genuine revelation. so congratulations Phil and many thanks, but also to Jplay and Fidelizer, as this is a system, but the new version of AO has taken it to a new level.

AO is essential if you are using a compatible pc.

i use Windows GUi because i rip on this pc and use web browsers (also because i am scared of working out of the GUI!)
I have Femto in hibernate, but am I missing out, by using the GUI? is there more to gain and could I still rip and web browsing using a different shell?

final question does a LPS really make a difference and should I be going there too? if the benefits are proportionate the possible attainable performance is quite scary
  • Thuan likes this

#54 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

I have Femto in hibernate, but am I missing out, by using the GUI? is there more to gain and could I still rip and web browsing using a different shell?

final question does a LPS really make a difference and should I be going there too? if the benefits are proportionate the possible attainable performance is quite scary

Yes there's more to gain by going CORE.  I can rip and web browse using Firefox.  Linear power supply does make positive differences.

• Iain likes this
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#55 Iain

Iain

Beginner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:45 PM

Yes there's more to gain by going CORE.  I can rip and web browse using Firefox.  Linear power supply does make positive differences.

didn't want to read that :)

#56 billgr

billgr

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

There's more to be gained by going dual pc if you haven't already. I didn't want to hear that myself, but there's no going back again. ;-)

• Thuan and FelipeRolim like this

Win2019, Audiophile Optimizer 3, Fidelizer Pro, JPlayFemto, 2PC, Ramdisk, BubbleUPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, ATI1806 Amplifiers, Linkwitz LX521 speakers with ASP4, JPS Labs Aluminata cables, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator.

#57 The Chaplin (Peter C)

The Chaplin (Peter C)

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Iain, yes removing GUI improves as does using LPS (cleaner power). In general clean power and reducing power usage improves, removing the GUI reduces load hence less to generate noise and less power usage. Underclocking the CPU and RAM improves for me as does lower voltage RAM. I also find lower network speeds benefit but others go for cleaning the Ethernet (switch). I use dual PC but I think Marcin and others use single PC these days.

• FelipeRolim likes this

[JPlay FemtoServer][Arcam MusicLife (iOS)][ControlPC XM21M(@16v) Shuttle xh61v i7-3770t PX-128M5M Lan x2][WinServer 2012R2][JPlay 7Dalt KS Direct DACLink 1000Hz Clock 0.5ms AO 1.40][cat8@100Mbps half duplex 3m][AudioPC XM21M(@12.3v) picoPSU-160-XT Streacom FC5 B75MR2.0 Intel i7-3770t@1.6GHz JCat Usb][WinServer2012 R2 AO 1.40][CustomUSBcable no+5v][Auralic Vega filter 1, exact clock][Van Damme StarQuad Gold Neutrik XLR][ATC SCM40A][vdh 1st ultimate][Stax SRM313 SR303][LAT power cables][separate ring mains filtered]

#58 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

i use Windows GUi because i rip on this pc and use web browsers (also because i am scared of working out of the GUI!)

Hi Iain,

Using the Audiophile shell via the Service Tool in AO 3.0 (restart required to bring up the new shell) will significantly reduce the load. You can then either use Task Manager or batch files to start your browser or ripping software, or alternatively restore the original GUI (an option in the Audiophile shell) to surf or rip. The latter option again requires a restart of the PC. Afterwards you can easily restore the Audiophile shell for music playback.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control and Audio PCs

Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptops with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz) and 16 (Control-PC) or 8 (Audio-PC) Gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Software

OS: Windows Server 2019 (Standard Edtion Desktop) optimized via Fidelizer Pro 8.3, Process Lasso Server Edition 9.1.0.68, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, and a modified Computer Audio Design Desktop Services Killer script; File Manager: Q-Dir 7.58; Library Manager: JRiver MC19; Renderer: JPLAY FEMTO UPnP Renderer; Server: femtoServer; JPLAY Settings: Playing via: KS; Engine: ULTRAstream; Bitstream: Native; Bitperfect Volume: OFF; DAC Link: 500; XtreamSize: 1000; Throttle: ON; Hibernate Mode: ON; Control Point: Upplay 1.38; Media Player for JPLAY Classic engine: JPLAYmini

Equipment Configuration

Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord Silver Plus USB Cable > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > Van Den Hul Teatrack Speaker Cables > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers with external crossovers

Music Storage

Seagate 6-Tb ext HDD (USB to Control PC) and 2 Seagate 6-Tb ext HDD backups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users