6 replies to this topic

#1 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

I have a dedicated 2-PC installation with JPLAY FEMTO / WS2003/ AO running well at 1000Hz DAC Link. I use Arcam MusicLife remote app (works ok but can’t get library images).

I am interested in the Qobuz Hi-Res streaming service but don’t understand if/how it will work with JPLAY FEMTO. I see the JPLAY manual mentions Roon/Qobuz but I don’t see how it works.

With my limited knowledge it would be very helpful to hear from anyone who has Qobuz Hi-Res working with JPLAY FEMTO and the steps needed to achieve this.

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

I have a dedicated 2-PC installation with JPLAY FEMTO / WS2003/ AO running well at 1000Hz DAC Link. I use Arcam MusicLife remote app (works ok but can’t get library images).

I am interested in the Qobuz Hi-Res streaming service but don’t understand if/how it will work with JPLAY FEMTO. I see the JPLAY manual mentions Roon/Qobuz but I don’t see how it works.

With my limited knowledge it would be very helpful to hear from anyone who has Qobuz Hi-Res working with JPLAY FEMTO and the steps needed to achieve this.

Qobuz with JPLAY FEMTO is possible via:

a) Bubble UPnP on Android

B) mConnect on iOS

Regards, 

Marcin

#3 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Marcin. Wow that was easy! Downloaded Mconnect and subscribed to Qobuz and now have hi-res files streaming. Sounds very good. Thanks again.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

Thanks Marcin. Wow that was easy! Downloaded Mconnect and subscribed to Qobuz and now have hi-res files streaming. Sounds very good. Thanks again.

You're welcome :)

#5 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:33 PM

1/ I have BubbleUPnP on Android
2/ I've subscribed to Qbus
3/ I'm running JPLAY FEMTO on dualPC

Yet I don't know how to play Qbus streamed music with JPLAY FEMTO on my stereo setup. Please teach me.

P.S. Got it. Able to play up to CD quality, not sure how to get hi-res. Pay more?

Got that too. For $5 over CD quality, you get hi-res.

I'd always been playing from local disks, so this is my very first time streaming experience. Very nice!

Playing via JPLAY FEMTO up to 24/192 now, sounding pretty darn good without the burden of storage. Hats off again and again to Marcin and JPLAY Team.
  • Marcin_gps likes this
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.437, dualPC, AO3 Beta 38 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#6 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

1/ I have BubbleUPnP on Android
2/ I've subscribed to Qbus
3/ I'm running JPLAY FEMTO on dualPC

Yet I don't know how to play Qbus streamed music with JPLAY FEMTO on my stereo setup. Please teach me.

P.S. Got it. Able to play up to CD quality, not sure how to get hi-res. Pay more?

Got that too. For $5 over CD quality, you get hi-res.

I'd always been playing from local disks, so this is my very first time streaming experience. Very nice!

Playing via JPLAY FEMTO up to 24/192 now, sounding pretty darn good without the burden of storage. Hats off again and again to Marcin and JPLAY Team.

Yes, you need a Sublime plan for hi-rez Qobuz streams

Good to hear  you got it working

#7 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

the dowloaded files from qobuz have better sound with femto than same files streamed from qobuz

• Marcin_gps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users