13 replies to this topic

#1 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

I have a dedicated 2-PC installation with JPLAY FEMTO / WS2003/ AO running well at 1000Hz DAC Link. I use Arcam MusicLife remote app (works ok but can’t get library images).

I am interested in the Qobuz Hi-Res streaming service but don’t understand if/how it will work with JPLAY FEMTO. I see the JPLAY manual mentions Roon/Qobuz but I don’t see how it works.

With my limited knowledge it would be very helpful to hear from anyone who has Qobuz Hi-Res working with JPLAY FEMTO and the steps needed to achieve this.
  • AurumX likes this

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

I have a dedicated 2-PC installation with JPLAY FEMTO / WS2003/ AO running well at 1000Hz DAC Link. I use Arcam MusicLife remote app (works ok but can’t get library images).

I am interested in the Qobuz Hi-Res streaming service but don’t understand if/how it will work with JPLAY FEMTO. I see the JPLAY manual mentions Roon/Qobuz but I don’t see how it works.

With my limited knowledge it would be very helpful to hear from anyone who has Qobuz Hi-Res working with JPLAY FEMTO and the steps needed to achieve this.

Qobuz with JPLAY FEMTO is possible via:

a) Bubble UPnP on Android

B) mConnect on iOS

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#3 rocketiii

rocketiii

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Marcin. Wow that was easy! Downloaded Mconnect and subscribed to Qobuz and now have hi-res files streaming. Sounds very good. Thanks again.
  • Marcin_gps likes this

PS Audio P10 regenerator, Hifidelit Win 10 SSD, LPSU Control PC, Hifidelit WS2012 AO, SSD, LPSU JCAT USB, JCAT Batt Audio PC, JCAT Ref USB cable, JCAT REF LAN cable, Fidelizer PRO, Berkeley Alpha USB, Berkeley Alpha Reference DAC MQA, PS Audio BHK Signature Pre, Atmasphere S30 OTL, Avantgarde DUO Omega horns

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

Thanks Marcin. Wow that was easy! Downloaded Mconnect and subscribed to Qobuz and now have hi-res files streaming. Sounds very good. Thanks again.

You're welcome :)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#5 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:33 PM

1/ I have BubbleUPnP on Android
2/ I've subscribed to Qbus
3/ I'm running JPLAY FEMTO on dualPC

Yet I don't know how to play Qbus streamed music with JPLAY FEMTO on my stereo setup. Please teach me.

P.S. Got it. Able to play up to CD quality, not sure how to get hi-res. Pay more?

Got that too. For $5 over CD quality, you get hi-res.

I'd always been playing from local disks, so this is my very first time streaming experience. Very nice!

Playing via JPLAY FEMTO up to 24/192 now, sounding pretty darn good without the burden of storage. Hats off again and again to Marcin and JPLAY Team.
  • Marcin_gps likes this
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#6 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

1/ I have BubbleUPnP on Android
2/ I've subscribed to Qbus
3/ I'm running JPLAY FEMTO on dualPC

Yet I don't know how to play Qbus streamed music with JPLAY FEMTO on my stereo setup. Please teach me.

P.S. Got it. Able to play up to CD quality, not sure how to get hi-res. Pay more?

Got that too. For $5 over CD quality, you get hi-res.

I'd always been playing from local disks, so this is my very first time streaming experience. Very nice!

Playing via JPLAY FEMTO up to 24/192 now, sounding pretty darn good without the burden of storage. Hats off again and again to Marcin and JPLAY Team.

Yes, you need a Sublime plan for hi-rez Qobuz streams

Good to hear  you got it working

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#7 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

the dowloaded files from qobuz have better sound with femto than same files streamed from qobuz

• Marcin_gps likes this

#8 jaynyc

jaynyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

@alain. When making this comparison, where do you store downloaded files - on the AudioPC or on a NAS?

#9 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

the dowloaded files from qobuz have better sound with femto than same files streamed from qobuz

How do they compare to local files? My guess is almost the same.
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#10 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

Sorry, I was in travel...

Files are on NAS. The differences are big: clarity, space ...

• Thuan likes this

#11 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:43 PM

Good to hear.  Apparently you've taken good care of LAN and music servers.

#12 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:47 AM

and i use minimserver / bubble

#13 Triump1966

Triump1966

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:08 AM

Hello,this is my first post and I'm new to JPLAY (using the trial version) and excited to test it out.  Do I need 3rd party software to playback for Qoboz and from my NAS?  When I read about Bubble it says for Android, but I'm using a Windows 10 PC and no Android devices.

I see JPLAYmini was installed with JPLAY Femto, but it is just a notepad type player and want something a little sleeker to use, I also have an old license  for JRiver, but it is at least 3 or 4 versions old at this time and have not insalled it yet (this is a new PC build) and I would like to try something else at this point, but if it will work with JPlay Femto clock I can use that ... but is there a better alternative?

I read the manual, but I don't feel it covers this well, so my 3 questions are:

1. Do I need 3rd party software to playback for Qoboz and from my NAS? 

2. When I read about Bubble it says for Android, but I'm using a Windows 10 PC and no Android devices can Bubble still be used or is there a better option for Windows?

3. During the installation I input the wrong folder of where my music is stored, how can I direct JPLAY to the correct folder as I did not see that in the JPLAYsettings options?

My setup is:

Windows 10 PC (USB out to) > McIntosh D100 DAC (USB in) > McIntosh C220 Preamp (RCA out) > Decware Taboo MK II Amplifier (RCA in) > Omega Super 7 Loudspeakers.  I'm using a WD MyCloud NAS for music and video storage and Samsung 65" HDTV used as a monitor.

Thanks  in advance for yout time!

p.s. I may try Roon in the future, but I want to buy JPLAY first if I like it and can't afford both at one time.

#14 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Hello and  welcome, 

1. A remote app is required and for Qobuz only these 2 work: Bubble UPnP (Android) & mconnect (iOS). It is possible to use Qobuz with Kazoo on Windows, but it's a bit complicated. The procedure is explained in ths article: https://www.hifizine...e-raspberry-pi/

3. The easiest way is to reinstall JPLAY

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users