2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzDoc

JazzDoc

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

My ageing Lenovo i3 6GB laptop is on its last legs so I'm playing around with a new Lenovo laptop as my Control PC. I'm not sure that I will go for it so my first question is whether or not I can use JPLAY Femto fully functional for 21 days before requesting the one licence change that I am permitted every six months.

It's a nice laptop (i5/8GB/128SSD) and I've been offered it very cheap. The problem with it is that when I install Windows Server 2019, the touchpad driver from Lenovo doesn't work! That's the first driver that I've come across that works on Windows 10 but not on Windows Server. Everything works fine if I install Windows 10. So the second question is how vital is it to have Windows Server 2019 on the Control PC? I have WS2019 and will retain it on the Audio PC. I also have AO and could use the strip down function that it has for Windows 10. I will call Lenovo UK tomorrow to ask if there is a way that the touchpad can be made to work with WS2019 although I haven't managed to discover it yet. I get a message in Device Manager saying that the driver is problematic so I have to plug in a mouse. In WS2019, the QWERTY keyboard will work OK but not the mousepad.

I'd be grateful for opinions. Does it really have to be WS2019 on both machines or would I get away with Windows 10 on the Control PC?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Acer Windows Server 2016 (x64) Laptop (Intel i5/8GB) (Audio PC) / Lenovo Windows Server 2016 (Intel i3/4GB) (Control PC) / Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 (GUI Mode on both PCs)  / JPlay Femto / JPLAY Femto Streamer /  Process Lasso Server Pro / Fidelizer Pro 8.2 / M2Tech Hiface Evo, Paul Hynes Power Supply / Naim Audio DAC with DSD Firmware Update / Naim Audio XPS, Linn Sondek LP12 / Naim Audio ARO / Linn Troika / Naim Audio Armageddon, Naim Audio CDS2 / Naim Audio XPS, Naim Audio NAT02, Naim Audio NAC52 / Naim Audio Supercap, Naim Audio SBLs

#2 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

IMHO it's worth trying to install and make WS2019 work on controlPC. Worst case scenario you can always revert back to W10, but I would not let touchpad driver issue stop me from using WS2019 on controlPC. Until there're a working driver, I'd "replace" it with an USB mouse. Next step, I'd install Datacenter Core on AudioPC. I think those changes will take another step towards better SQ.
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:11 AM

Yes, you can use fully functional trial for 21 days on a new laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users