3 replies to this topic

#1 Stefano

Stefano

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

Hello,

I Have a dedicated PC for playing music; I have installed on it Jplay and Jplay femto server. The PC is connected to my DAC through Usb.

My music library is on an external usb (non ssd) disk, connected to the same usb bus of my dedicated computer.

I am using bubbleupnp as control app.

Jplay is configured using the Hybernate mode, with dedicated intel installation.

I would like to know in term of audio quality, if it is better buying for my music library a ssd hd to be connected to the dedicated computer, or an external NAS containing my library.

The NAS will be connected to lan, plex server will be the software used.

• FrederickZ likes this

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hello,

I Have a dedicated PC for playing music; I have installed on it Jplay and Jplay femto server. The PC is connected to my DAC through Usb.

My music library is on an external usb (non ssd) disk, connected to the same usb bus of my dedicated computer.

I am using bubbleupnp as control app.

Jplay is configured using the Hybernate mode, with dedicated intel installation.

I would like to know in term of audio quality, if it is better buying for my music library a ssd hd to be connected to the dedicated computer, or an external NAS containing my library.

The NAS will be connected to lan, plex server will be the software used.

It depends, but short answer is: it is better to use a disk which is connected to the PC with JPLAY FEMTO  directly. 

#3 Stefano

Stefano

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

It depends, but short answer is: it is better to use a disk which is connected to the PC with JPLAY FEMTO  directly. 

Thank you Marcin, do you think also that a SSD disk ((could)) make some difference, in term of sound quality, instead of a motorized Disk?

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

Thank you Marcin, do you think also that a SSD disk ((could)) make some difference, in term of sound quality, instead of a motorized Disk?

Yes, absolutely! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users