Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:35 PM
Marcin, first of all, congratulations for the launch of this new cable. I'm very curious to know more JCAT products, but everything indicates that first of all I'll buy two network cards. Talking about the cable in particular, recently I created a topic so that we can talk about digital computer cables, among them, SATA, USB and LAN. My idea is to have a space so that we can build understanding about these cables, especially regarding their level of quality and their sound, their way of playing, what I called "approach". I'd like to hear from you, if possible, if there is any kind of specific sonority that you want to print on your cables, if there is any sound path you walk through, and also if you have other parameters, brands and models, so that we can to adopt as a reference. I'm sorry if I ask too much, but I think this kind of parameter is very important for future references, because it helps us a lot to be more secure in the future steps that we intend to take with our systems. Thank you and congratulations again.
- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;
- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;
- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;
- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative Version, Minority Clean (XIII in Control-PC and XXVII in Audio-PC) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R ) NCF as inlet.
- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR or Siltech 770i (interconnect), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.
- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R ) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.