#41 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:57 AM

I received the new Curious Evolved USB Cable today. Too bad I no longer have Curious "Standard" USB to do a direct comparison. The first impression is that there's a noticeable improvement using it to connect the JCAT USB Card FEMTO to the Ayre QB-9. Soon I should bring more impressions. It seems to be a much better resolved cable in terms of texture, naturalness, realism, and at a higher level of detail, amount of information, focus, with a fatally wider soundstage, though I don't care much about this last feature. It's been amazing since the early hours.

• Marcin_gps, Thuan and Carlosoptico like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;

- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative Version, Minority Clean (XIII in Control-PC and XXVII in Audio-PC) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R ) NCF as inlet.

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR or Siltech 770i (interconnect), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R ) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#42 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

A hobbyist told me that network cables are specified to be at least 1m in length, and that minor measurements can be harmful to network cards, cause malfunctions, and are unable to make electrical isolation between devices effective. For him, it must be at least 1m long. I set up two network cables with the Viablue EP-7S cable and Telegartner MFP-8 connectors, one with 0.5m, the other with 1m, and came to the conclusion that the 0.5m cable works better, has better, more transparent and resolute sound. However, this issue worried me and I decided to ask the opinion of who is more experienced. What do you say about it? Does this information proceed?

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R) + Synergistic Research Orange Fuse;

- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode (17763.737) with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative Version, Minority Clean (XIII in Control-PC and XXVII in Audio-PC) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R ) NCF as inlet.

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR or Siltech 770i (interconnect), Curious Evolved USB Cable, Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R ) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#43 Rob

Rob

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationStamford, England.

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Hi Felipe, these are my thoughts, cables can behave oddly at times I seem to remember one amplifier were speaker cables have to be longer then 3 Meters or the amplifier can become unstable because they form part of the zobel network to load the output, as to your cat 7 cable, correctly terminated it will have an impedance 100 ohms regardless of length and I can’t see how being to short could damage the cards, however due to non linear characteristics along the length of the cable it is theoretically possible for a shorter cable to perform differently to a longer cable as the non linear characteristics tend to balance out on a longer run. By the way those 1A regulator boards that your using do they power the SSD’s OK?

Best Regards Rob.

#44 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

The low current power supplies I'm using are individual. In total, there will be four working at 5v/1A: one for the SSD, one for the JCAT USB Card FEMTO and two for a pair of JCAT Net Card FEMTO, which I will buy in 2020.

#45 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

I found this information on the Internet (https://en.wikipedia..._physical_layer):

Fiber connections have minimum cable lengths due to level requirements on received signals.[36] Fiber ports designed for long-haul wavelengths require a signal attenuator if used within a building.

10BASE2 installations, running on RG-58 coaxial cable, require a minimum of 0.5 m between stations tapped into the network cable, this is to minimize reflections.[37]

10BASE-T, 100BASE-T, and 1000BASE-T installations running on twisted pair cable use a star topology. No minimum cable length is required for these networks.

I can't tell if that is true, but apparently it's okay to use a 0.5m cable...

• Marcin_gps and Thuan like this

#46 seeteeyou

seeteeyou

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:00 AM

Audiopheeling Achievement SATA cable is available

https://www.audiophe...om/digital.html

Looking forward to some impressions.
  • FelipeRolim likes this

#47 Adrian

Adrian

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Audiopheeling Achievement SATA cable is available

https://www.audiophe...om/digital.html

Looking forward to some impressions.

I've been living with this cable since the beggining of this year. Previous sata were Pink Faun, PPAstudio top and Pachanko Sata PURE Reference. Audiopheeling plays with the most "smooth", dynamic and refined sound between all of these. I've also noticed I can diferentiate more the sound of each recording. Other satas can make the sound more homogeneous. I'm very happy with the purchase. A good sata realy make a very nice difference. Worth trying. Of course is good to invest in a good linear power suply and a usb card and/or a networkd card like the ones JCAT provides to really appreciate the improvements.

• Thuan likes this

#48 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

Adrian, good morning. I have this cable, but recently I've been experiencing problems with my Samsung 850Evo SSD. I tried it with three motherboards and it didn't work well, so I suspect the problem is the SSD. However, with a cheap SATA cable, like the ones that come with the motherboards, the same SSD works normally. Allan checked the cable and said it was perfect, so I think the problem is with the SSD. Which model do you use?

#49 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

I used to have the same issue with PPA Black Reference SATA cable. It had nothing to do with SSD. After giving the PPA cable many chances, replacing it with generic or Pachanko SATA cables solved it, no more intermittent disconnections.
  • FelipeRolim likes this
WS2019 ServerDC Core 10.0.17763.1098, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.5, JPLAY Femto, BubbleUPnP.

#50 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:58 PM

The problem is that this Audiopheeling SATA cable is very, very, very good. If there is any way to make it work, with a specific SSD model, perhaps, I would accept to buy. The problem is that the Samsung 850Evo did not work on any of the three motherboards I tried. But, when I put in a cheap SATA cable, it works...

#51 Adrian

Adrian

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:13 PM

Hello Felipe,

Yes, Allan has told me about your situation. I'm using it on a PPAstudio cf card adapter with Windows Server Core 2019 installed on it. Never have any issues. Maybe it has to to with windows on ram that I know you maybe are using? This just a wild guess. I've never tried Windows installed that way.

Regards,

Adrian

#52 Adrian

Adrian

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:14 PM

Audiopheeling SATA cable is very, very, very good.

Completely agree!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users