Armsan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

Hello Marcin,

Since the output of the PC needed for the MSB Pro USB is USB, do you think it will work with JPLAY Femto?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Armsan

PC/Music Server, SSD storage powered by Pink Faun ATX PSU, Windows 10, Fidelizer and AudiophileOptimizer, Upplay, Asset UPnP; JPlay Net Card Femto powered by Teradak PSU, MSB Select DAC with Renderer V2 module, Pro ISL module and Preamp module; TAD Reference ONE speakers powered by Accuphase A70, Vertex AQ HiRez Balanced Taga and HiRez Aneto; Synergestic Research Atmosphere Level 4 cables and Ground Box in a 42 square meters treated room with RPG and panels.

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Hi Armsan, 

I'm not sure how it works - if it is a USB Audio input board or a USB - Ethernet input. 

It should be USB Audio for JPLAY FEMTO. 

Regards, 
Marcin

#3 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:26 AM

Hello Marcin,

Since the output of the PC needed for the MSB Pro USB is USB, do you think it will work with JPLAY Femto?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Armsan

There is only one driver 4.14 for XMOS.

This means there is no reason that JPLAY FEMTO cannot be used with the product you refer.

I have used JPLAY FEMTO with "The Premier DAC" before.

#4 Armsan

Armsan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Hello Marcin and Minorisuke,

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but it´s an ordinary PC/Server USB motherboard plug type A, and type B at the MSB Pro USB.

I hope it works with JPLAY Femto and I hope the SQ will be even better than the one I have right now, through the direct connection, (no switch in between), to the Select DAC renderer.

Please let me know if newer elements come up to you, regarding this goal.

Best regards.

Armsan

PC/Music Server, SSD storage powered by Pink Faun ATX PSU, Windows 10, Fidelizer and AudiophileOptimizer, Upplay, Asset UPnP; JPlay Net Card Femto powered by Teradak PSU, MSB Select DAC with Renderer V2 module, Pro ISL module and Preamp module; TAD Reference ONE speakers powered by Accuphase A70, Vertex AQ HiRez Balanced Taga and HiRez Aneto; Synergestic Research Atmosphere Level 4 cables and Ground Box in a 42 square meters treated room with RPG and panels.

#5 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

to the Select DAC renderer.

Do you own "The Select DAC" at home?

Then I believe you use the most expensive DAC to play JPLAY FEMTO worldwide!

Have you upgraded the internal clock to Femto33 version?

The one thing worth trying for you is to use Gustard U16 (USB-DDC) and its BNC/RCA coaxial output to your Select DAC.

Although U16 costs only less than EUR 300, it uses ESS USB controller, not XMOS.

I assume U16, especially with the ultra-low phase noise clock such as Mutec Ref10, will bring a better result than MSB Pro USB.

#6 Armsan

Armsan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

Hi Minorisuke,

No, a still have the standard clock and only one powerbase. Maybe in the future...

Thank You for your suggestion. Actually I was thinking to remove the input BNC/RCA module and install the second Pro ISL module. I will give it a second thought. Though one must come out, because the renderer is my best SQ so far and the other Pro ISL is needed for the Transport.

Best regards.

Armsan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users