#161 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

I suspect the controlPC behaves abnormally, as AO3 Beta would never restart after installation. Given a chance I'd reinstall the OS.
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#162 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:36 PM

I suspect the controlPC behaves abnormally, as AO3 Beta would never restart after installation. Given a chance I'd reinstall the OS.

Fresh (AO) install = No Reboot, AO Update = Auto reboote after reset via ServiceTool

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

ıllıllı [  AO 3.00 IS HERE.... ] ıllıllı

#163 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

I installed the Beta 36 today. I only found the enough time now. I checked an instance in Control-PC (in which I use the Windows Server 2019 GUI) that hadn't happened yet. After installing the Beta 36 version, the PC automatically restarted. I clicked the Audiophile Optimizer icon, but it didn't work. I received the message "System can not find the specified path". I tried installing Audiophile Optimizer again, rebooted the PC and received the same message. There was internet access and the pendrive with the Windows installation was inserted. Only on the third attempt, after installing the Audiophile Optimizer but NOT restarting the computer is that it worked correctly.

Has it happened to anyone? Any suggestions of what might be? I don't know what the cause. In Audio-PC, with Windows Server 2019 Core this doesn't happen. The installation and execution are perfect.

yes. a very old bug which happens only in super rare cases. check your device manager. get rid of all possible yellow and or red exlamation marks. If this does not help, disable one of your NIC's and try again.

• FelipeRolim likes this

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

#164 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

To those of us who run Windows Server Core, one if not the most challenging PITA is audio driver (DAC or DDC) installation. I have had the issue of audio driver appearing disabled after installation even after F8, disabling driver signature verification, AO3 Driver Helper were tried. Well, AO3 has a hidden workaround that works for me. Running AO -e, reset AO, install audio driver. A speaker symbol will appear next to audio driver (likely to be labeled "unknown") and stay until next OS install. Afterwards, fixed IPs, JPLAY installation and activation, etc. can be done as usual.
WS2019 Datacentercor 10.0.17763.557, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, JPLAY Femto - KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, Fidata/BubbleUPnP.

#165 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

I've noticed that in device manager. I think this replaces the previous driver for KS (use to be the first in the row, something like - 3000%...something.)

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#166 Nobudy

Nobudy

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

it was because the driver was not correctly identified, it was labeled as 300 ,,,,,
now that the driver is more correctly identified with AO3.0, they are shown with a speaker icon,

(has nothing to do with KS)

I'm listening to the music , not gear
Sound says more than numbers

#167 enyan0

enyan0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

How can I sign up for the beta?

Cant find a link anywhere (not here, nor on audiophil)

#168 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

How can I sign up for the beta?
Cant find a link anywhere (not here, nor on audiophil)

Here you go :)

https://audiophilest...#comment-920254

logo.png

#169 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Beginner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hi All

How is it possible to join the group of "beta tester"?

Thanks

#170 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:38 PM

Hi,

You can shoot him an email to info@highend-audiopc.com and request.

Cheers,
Thuan

#171 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

Hi All

How is it possible to join the group of "beta tester"?

Thanks

Please read my entire info about it incl. instructions here:

https://audiophilest...&comment=920254

logo.png

#172 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

AO3 Beta 37 is here.

#173 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Since we are coming to the end phase of the software development, only marginal changes in ServiceTool. No changes for AO, AudiophileShell or setup.exe...

ServiceTool 3.00
- Added file explorer as shell replacement
- Added command prompt as shell replacement
- Correct default shell replacement on FOD installations

If you run Server 2019 in Core, you can now set explorer as shell replacement. This gives you somehwat of a GUI environment in Core, but start menu etc will all not work. For all other OS it is now also possible to set the command prompt as shell replacement. If Server 2019 has FoD installed, the "restore default shell" function will now correctly set command prompt as shell instead of explorer exe.

Enjoy it,
AudioPhil
  • motberg and Anto like this

logo.png

#174 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:08 PM

AO-supplied set_ip and show_adapters scripts have been my workhorses in installing OS/driver and setting up software in my dualPC. Now the wonderful custom_shell script has enabled me to run the PCs headless, totally. Very effective and time saving, these scripts must be made in gold. Many many thanks, AudioPhil.
  • AudioPhil likes this

#175 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Beta 38 is available.

SQ has improved dramatically!

Well done Phil!!!

• Thuan and FelipeRolim like this

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#176 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

So here we go again.... smile.png

please don't forget to delete the AO and ServiceTool shortcuts on your dekstop before you install the Update. Afterwards please let me know if they have been recreated. If you never had any shortcuts on the desktop either way, please let me know if you have them now.

So as said before no changes to AO, ServiceTool or the Uninstaller, but a few small things in setup.exe and the AudiophileShell.

AudiophileShell 3.00
- Added SCONFIG (en-US only!)
- Now properly launching command prompt and PowerShell

Setup 3.00
- Fix for shortcuts not always created properly

image.png.4e68e43345f25b863f3eef334101ff

You can now directly launch SCONFIG from the AudiophileShell. Please be aware that SCONFIG only works on english systems, this is by design of microsft. If you want it to work on a non en-US system, this will help you.. http://bitlands.blog...core-error.html

AudiophileShell offers also to launch the command prompt and powershell. If powershell was launched through AudiophileShell, it was missing all the CmdLet's so pretty useless. PowerShell is now launched in a different way, now all CmdLets work as expected. Something similar happend to the command prompt. It looked OK but did not always behave as expected, for example it could not find sconfig, this is now also fixed since the command prompt is launched with a different method.

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

• Thuan and FelipeRolim like this

logo.png

#177 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

For now I installed the Beta 38 only in Control-PC, because Audio-PC demands a little more effort for the installation. In any case, I also found that there are improvements in quality. I didn't install the Beta 37 version, because I'm a little bit away from the networks and I didn't even know about it, so, I moved from version 36 directly to 38. I have the impression that the sound is more full and relaxed, playing more delicately, at the same time it's able to deliver weight and vigor, in the musical passages where this is necessary. The extremes between the most delicate and the most vigorous have increased, which I believe I can call "macrodynamics".

I liked the improvement, and hope to install it in Audio-PC very soon. This is the best version so far.

• motberg likes this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R);

- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock Q1900-ITX motherboard, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1333MHz, 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD and SOtM SATA II Filter; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0, an Intel Core i7-4750T, an Arctic Alpine 11 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Core Mode with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use a hand made linear power supply with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (power distributor), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computer), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board);

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x4); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#178 Nobudy

Nobudy

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:46 AM

deleted

I'm listening to the music , not gear
Sound says more than numbers

#179 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Beginner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

Please read my entire info about it incl. instructions here:

https://audiophilest...&comment=920254

Hi AudioPhil

Thanks for your message : I did not received any update in my inbox that why I reply to you only now... I will read your instructions.

#180 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

AO3Beta 38 installed and works like a charm. KS: hibernate on, Dac Link up to max 1000Hz. WASAPI: hibernate off, Dac Link up to 200Hz.
  • FelipeRolim likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users