• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 shinyc

shinyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Just installed AO3 on a WS 2019 standard core machine (Audio PC). I use Jplay to stream data from a control PC. Within Jplay, I see kernel streaming selection comes up at either control PC or audio PC and a standalone configuration but if I configure them as a dual PC setup, I no longer see the kernel streaming choice in the Jplay selection menu. I only see ASIO. Yes, I did set yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support". Music do come through using ASIO thou. Can anyone help please?

#82 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Check your audio driver settings. Set them to minimum latency and buffer size.

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#83 shinyc

shinyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Wrong observation. On my audio PC, I only see ASIO. No kernel streaming even as a standalone machine. That is, under WS2019 core.

My audio driver, JLsounds Hi-Rez Audio 2.0 (3.34), does not give me setting UI. So you are saying changing the latency setting brings back the kernel streaming selection?

#84 thuanb

thuanb

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

Given enough warm up time, a bit more patient mind and open ears, I've begun to appreciate AO3Beta 32's SQ more than I initially did. Although no longer as "wet" or warm or "romantic" as B31, imho B32 excels in neutrality, speed, and transparency. Not only vocals from Best Audiophile Voices albums (or Patricia Barber's Cafe Blue DSD) but also accompanying instruments take on a new high clarity and tonality distinct from one track to another. Except for bass and alto saxophones which would benefit from more warmth, piano, guitar, bass, percussion, and human voices sound and "move" more effortlessly while occupying their own space in holographic dimensions. Separation is first rate, background is not the usual pitch black but everything seems see-through now.

I'd almost given up on listening to the setup, shut it down for a day or two, came back last night and this early morning to find what I'm reporting. A little more time, persistence and luck go a long way toward evaluating and appreciating a great Beta release.
  • AudioPhil likes this
Dual PC, WS2019 Standard, JPLAY Femto, AO3 Beta, 1A/2D, KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, BubbleUPnP.

#85 yaba

yaba

Beginner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

I'm experiencing the very same thing. If I'd do an update on a software or firmware or anything software related I KNOW I've to be patient for the new digital procedures to settle in (be it a burning in of new electric paths on the PC...who knows). For this it is best to let the whole system play 24/7 (even with volume down to zero) and give it a serious listen after 72h. I know it sounds nuts to wait for a burn in of a software configuration...but this are my findings...just try it.

I've the same perception of SQ improvements from the Beta 32 update as thuanb and my experience is that the better (more precise) and more transparent the SQ gets the more it is prone to interferences of any kind (EMF, vibration, etc.). If a highly transparent system sounded good before and now after updating (and burn in) sounds more precise but even so more digital/annoyingly then the above mentioned effect (EMF interference, vibration,...) could be the cause (just pull some SMPSs out of your powerstrip or anywhere in the room to confirm. You can actually hear every single one of these SMPSs (emitting these fields) within the SQ of your music as a disorder).

This might  even be the cause why some people like the 1Hz better than the 500Hz/700Hz/1000Hz within Jplay Settings. I'm now on 1000Hz in JplayFemto and have never had such a transparent sound before. But I can understand if someone likes the lower Hz-Settings more...I think it's because there is much interference in his system/room that lead to annoyingly SQ on higher/transparent Hz-Settings.

gui

• thuanb and FelipeRolim like this

#86 shinyc

shinyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Just installed AO3 on a WS 2019 standard core machine (Audio PC). I use Jplay to stream data from a control PC. Within Jplay, I see kernel streaming selection comes up at either control PC or audio PC and a standalone configuration but if I configure them as a dual PC setup, I no longer see the kernel streaming choice in the Jplay selection menu. I only see ASIO. Yes, I did set yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support". Music do come through using ASIO thou. Can anyone help please?

Solved. uninstall dac driver and rescan for hardware change.

• AudioPhil and thuanb like this

#87 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

I just installed the Beta 34 version on Audio-PC (Control-PC is still with the Beta 32 version). It's impressive. The comfortable, musical, rich, extremely realistic and analog sound I had with version 31 returned in version 34. I don't know if something went wrong with the Beta 32 installation here, but the sound wasn't so cool. Very limpid, crystalline, but distorted, very hard and aggressive. Now it's delicious again, I have no idea why.

Soon I will install the Beta 34 version in Control-PC, always keeping the filters I was already using.

• AudioPhil and thuanb like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Sax Soul Ágata Fuse + Furutech FI-03 ( R);

- Source: Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock Q1900-ITX (optimized BIOS), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1333MHz, linear power supply (MK III), Furutech FI-06 ( R) and JCAT USB Card FEMTO. The Operational System is a Windows Server 2016 Core Mode 64bits with RAMdisk, JPlay FEMTO Alternative version and Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20. Control-PC is a Core i7-7500U notebook with 16GB Samsung DDR4 RAM 2400MHz, 120GB Kingston SSD and 2TB Samsung HDD. The Operational System is a Windows Server 2016 GUI Mode 64bits with JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version.

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (power distributor), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design 20th Anniversary Power Cable (computer), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board);

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#88 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

I am still analyzing beta 33, which I've installed 8 hours ago. Should I install beta34 and start analysis again?  :)  :)  :)

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPlay Femto, Audiophile Optimizer, Process Lasso Pro, Fidelizer Pro, 2 x fanless mini PC, Control PC - WS 2019 core -16GB RAM, Audio PC - WS 2019 core 8GB RAM, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20 (modified), Audia Flight Pre Mk III (dual mono class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(dual mono class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#89 thuanb

thuanb

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Today, 06:18 PM

Based on Felipe's enthusiastic endorsement, I'd go straight to Beta 34.  Final release is getting closer and closer  :)  :)

• FelipeRolim likes this
Dual PC, WS2019 Standard, JPLAY Femto, AO3 Beta, 1A/2D, KS/US/1000Hz/Hibernate, BubbleUPnP.

#90 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted Today, 06:29 PM

I just installed the Beta 34 version on Audio-PC (Control-PC is still with the Beta 32 version). It's impressive. The comfortable, musical, rich, extremely realistic and analog sound I had with version 31 returned in version 34. I don't know if something went wrong with the Beta 32 installation here, but the sound wasn't so cool. Very limpid, crystalline, but distorted, very hard and aggressive. Now it's delicious again, I have no idea why.

Soon I will install the Beta 34 version in Control-PC, always keeping the filters I was already using.

I wish I could see Phil's face when he is reading a post like this... :-)

Or to put it differently: how – if at all – are the rational/analytic and the intuitive/sensatory related?

Mind you, I always go with the latter – if only because I lack the skills and knowledge to do the former.

• FelipeRolim likes this

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

#91 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

I've tried tweaking a lot of things myself, but I've never come close to what Audiophile Optimizer does. I always use my ears, which are my most reliable tools. Music must always convey emotion, vivacity, organicity, realism. For my use, Beta 31 was better than Beta 32, Beta 34 is better than Beta 32, but I don't know if Beta 34 is better than Beta 31. In usability, for sure. In sound quality, I cannot say, but I know it's wonderful again.

• AudioPhil likes this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;

- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;

- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Sax Soul Ágata Fuse + Furutech FI-03 ( R);

- Source: Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock Q1900-ITX (optimized BIOS), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1333MHz, linear power supply (MK III), Furutech FI-06 ( R) and JCAT USB Card FEMTO. The Operational System is a Windows Server 2016 Core Mode 64bits with RAMdisk, JPlay FEMTO Alternative version and Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20. Control-PC is a Core i7-7500U notebook with 16GB Samsung DDR4 RAM 2400MHz, 120GB Kingston SSD and 2TB Samsung HDD. The Operational System is a Windows Server 2016 GUI Mode 64bits with JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version.

- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (power distributor), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design 20th Anniversary Power Cable (computer), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board);

- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#92 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,157 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

Or to put it differently: how, how – if at all – are the rational/analytic and the intuitive/sensatory related?
Mind you, I always go with the latter – if only because I lack the skills and knowledge to do the former.

:D

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

#93 moriez

moriez

Beginner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted Today, 08:26 PM

Or to put it differently: how – if at all – are the rational/analytic and the intuitive/sensatory related?

I've tried tweaking a lot of things myself, but I've never come close to what Audiophile Optimizer does. I always use my ears, which are my most reliable tools. Music must always convey emotion, vivacity, organicity, realism. For my use, Beta 31 was better than Beta 32, Beta 34 is better than Beta 32, but I don't know if Beta 34 is better than Beta 31. In usability, for sure. In sound quality, I cannot say, but I know it's wonderful again.

:D

Phil, the above makes me curious if Felipe's impressions coincide with any changes made to those betas. Can you put your finger on where the perceived differences stem from in AO's code and if so, can you hint at or share what it is without giving away the secret recipe? 

#94 AudioPhil

AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer

• AudiophileOptimizer
  • 1,157 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted Today, 08:33 PM

Every little detail can matter, even those you would not think of...

It‘s complicated... :)

logo.png

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 | PDF Guide | MUTEC MC-3+ USB

#95 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted Today, 08:44 PM

Every little detail can matter, even those you would not think of...

It‘s complicated... :)

Good answer. For complex systems, once we think we understand, we become less sensitive and tend to drift away from the truth.

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users