1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben130p

Ben130p

Beginner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been using RoonBridge on my Control PC successfully for about a year (WS2012R2, core mode, AO 2.20, Audio PC same setup). I updated both PCs to JPLAY 7 in core mode with first the Femto trial and then the Classic. Whilst activation appeared successful, I eventually restored both PCs to GUI mode for troubleshooting. Having reinstalled both JPLAYs and RoonBridge a number of times, I am still unable to get RoonBridge to run correctly on the Control PC in core mode.

I use AO (ST) to activate core mode. On first boot this produces errors in the Raatserver service due to lack of KS. Installing KS using AO cures these errors and JPLAY reappears as a controllable Roon device. Unfortunately, despite Roon indicating  the track being played and the elapsed time increasing, no sound comes from the system. Prior to these problems I was happily running Ultrastream, 1000hz using KS to my DAC, hibernate off.

Any thoughts, please!?

#2 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

Hi Ben130p,

Does everyting look alright in the JPLAY Settings panel? Have you stopped the JPLAY Femto service on the Audio-PC (which you can do in a dual PC setup)? Have you tried different DAC links? I assume you activated Roon support in AO on the Control-PC.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control and Audio PCs

Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptops with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz) and 16 (Control-PC) or 8 (Audio-PC) Gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Software

OS: Windows Server 2016 optimized to Virtual Core Mode via Fidelizer Free 7.4 (Control-PC only), Fidelizer Pro 8.3 (Audio-PC only), Process Lasso Server Edition 9.0.0.558, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20, Computer Audio Design Windows 8.1 Optimization and Desktop Services Killer scripts (see Revised (Nov 2018) Guide for Setting Up WS2016 Virtual Core Mode in a Dual PC JPLAY FEMTO-Based System: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing); File Manager: Q-Dir 7.37; Library Manager: JRiver MC19; Renderer: JPLAY Femto (7D) with ULTRAstream engine; Server: femtoServer / Minimserver 0.8.5.2 update 126; Control Point: Upplay 1.31 / Kinsky 4.4.5; Media Player for JPLAY Classic: JPLAYmini

Equipment Configuration

Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord Silver Plus USB Cable > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > Van Den Hul Teatrack Speaker Cables > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers with external crossovers

Music Storage

Seagate ext HDDs (6-Tb plus 3-Tb) (USB to Control PC) and 2x Seagate 6-Tb plus 3-Tb ext HDD backups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users