• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

I get cover art most of the time. However when it is embedded in the file tag but there is no cover art in the folder the image is not displayed in bubbldupnp. Is there any way to make the tag images appear?

Can you please upload the track which doesn't show cover art and send us to support@jplay.eu?

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#62 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

If tracks in folder have different art then only art from 1st track is used.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#63 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

I added the PsExec procedure to the manual. It is the only method that is proven to work regardless of OS: http://jplay.eu/manual/#manual5

I still did not succeed on Server 2016 core.

The NAS drive is not mounted after restarting and then re-installing JPLAY FEMTO.

BubbleUPnP gives a browse error: "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'intjava.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference.

And when I try to execute this line (the one in the autostart batch file):

c:\PStools\PsExec64.exe -s net use Z: \\192.168.1.2\ML /u:MyUsername MyPwd

I get:

System error 1312 has occurred.

net exited on WAPC with error code 2.

Any ideas?

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

#64 Serge

Serge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

I still did not succeed on Server 2016 core.

The NAS drive is not mounted after restarting and then re-installing JPLAY FEMTO.

BubbleUPnP gives a browse error: "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'intjava.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference.

And when I try to execute this line (the one in the autostart batch file):

c:\PStools\PsExec64.exe -s net use Z: \\192.168.1.2\ML /u:MyUsername MyPwd

I get:

System error 1312 has occurred.

net exited on WAPC with error code 2.

Any ideas?

Hi,

don't use PsExec64.exe, it don't work in core mode.

Open the CMD terminal command line windows (You can use CTRL ALT DEL for open the task manager and execute the cmd command)

Type directly the command line :  " net use Z: \\192.168.1.2\ML /u:MyUsername MyPwd"

It must work. 

#65 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

don't use PsExec64.exe, it don't work in core mode.

Open the CMD terminal command line windows (You can use CTRL ALT DEL for open the task manager and execute the cmd command)

Type directly the command line :  " net use Z: \\192.168.1.2\ML /u:MyUsername MyPwd"

It must work. 

Thanks Serge, indeed I can manually mount Z: on the audio PC like that using the command line.

However, it is not automatically mounted at startup, even though I added the batch file containing that line to the startup folder.

And BubblUPnP still complains "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'intjava.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference."

And Hi-Fi Cast sees Z:\, but when I select it, it says "No content found for this container".

Maybe Marcin has an idea?

xigmanas or local hd => Streacom FC8 PC i7 16GB RAM Windows 10, Audirvana+ / HQPlayer => optically isolated ethernet => either DSD256 => renderer HDPlex H1.S i3 8GB RAM powered by SBooster 19V with GentooPlayer (Linux), mpd+upmpdcli or NAA, ramdisk => Regen USB=> Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Lampizator Lite 7 Amanero or PCM 176kHz => i5 8GB Server 2016 core, AO, FP, JPLAY FEMTO => Regen USB => Lush^2 => SOtM tX-USBhubEX => Lush^1 => Audiophilleo 1 => Audio Aéro Prestige => Lightspeed Attenuator => power amp Cayin A-88T (modified) => speakers Spendor SP100 + 2x REL T5  / Taket H2 + TR2 / Hifiman HE-6; HDPlex LPSU

#66 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Serge, indeed I can manually mount Z: on the audio PC like that using the command line.

However, it is not automatically mounted at startup, even though I added the batch file containing that line to the startup folder.

And BubblUPnP still complains "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'intjava.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference."

And Hi-Fi Cast sees Z:\, but when I select it, it says "No content found for this container".

Maybe Marcin has an idea?

Mapping must be done as SYSTEM and as explained in the manual. Running the command as Administrator will not work. 

Is login/pass correct? Just to be clear: it must be user/pass for NAS, not for PC

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#67 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

Mapping must be done as SYSTEM and as explained in the manual. Running the command as Administrator will not work. 

Is login/pass correct? Just to be clear: it must be user/pass for NAS, not for PC

If what Serge states is correct, namely that PsExec64.exe does not work in core mode, how can I map as System? Is there another way?

Login/pwd is indeed correct, namely that of the NAS.

#68 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

Do you use AO2.20 with Windows Server 2016 core?

If it's the case don't disable Network related services, Windows Remote Management, Windows Management Instrumentation.

For my part, even I don't use it at this time because I'm using JPlay 7 Classic mode with Roon, I was able to run PsExec64.exe without problem on my Windows Server 2016 Core Control PC to map my OpenMediaVault DIY NAS as SYSTEM to try JPLAY FEMTO server with Bubble UPNP.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#69 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

Do you use AO2.20 with Windows Server 2016 core?

If it's the case don't disable Network related services, Windows Remote Management, Windows Management Instrumentation.

For my part, even I don't use it at this time because I'm using JPlay 7 Classic mode with Roon, I was able to run PsExec64.exe without problem on my Windows Server 2016 Core Control PC to map my OpenMediaVault DIY NAS as SYSTEM to try JPLAY FEMTO server with Bubble UPNP.

Thanks DC!

I restored the OS to its original state and then re-ran AO with the settings as you suggested.

But still exactly the same problem:

Strange!?

#70 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:45 AM

Did you try with AO disabled?

Perhaps try this:

c:\PStools\PsExec64.exe -s net use Z: \\192.168.1.2\ML /user:WORKGROUP\MyUsername MyPwd

#71 bodiebill

bodiebill

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Thanks DC, you pointed in the right direction. I disabled AO and FP, and then got it to work, although the batch file (in the startup programs folder) is not automatically started.

After manually entering the command, I could browse my NAS library using FEMTOserver!

I then re-applied FP and used this to autostart the batch file.

It still worked!

Then I re-applied AO with my original settings, and my problem was back.

Then I experimented with the AO settings and it appears that the "disabling drivers and services" option was the culprit.

When I don't disable these, the NAS library is found as it should.

Anyone any idea which individual services could effect this?

#72 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:27 PM

Thanks DC, you pointed in the right direction. I disabled AO and FP, and then got it to work, although the batch file (in the startup programs folder) is not automatically started.

Then I experimented with the AO settings and it appears that the "disabling drivers and services" option was the culprit.

Hi bodiebill,

yes exactly I thought I forgot to mention something in my last message it's exactly what you have found by yourself "Driver and Services" must not been disabled.

I know that services such as Lanmanserver and lmhosts are required by PSexec. 

• Marcin_gps likes this

#73 snake2002

snake2002

Beginner

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

Well after many tries for me the only way in order to get drive mapped in win10 at login was this batch in startup

@echo off
timeout /t 30
c:\PsExec64.exe -s net use Z: \\nas\music  /u:user password
pause

#74 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for sharing!

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#75 pavgeris

pavgeris

Beginner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Dear friends,

I have come so close to working the NAS on my Control PC. But still not possible.

I have come to the end but I cannot make it work!

Something very strange happens:

I define a task to be started for the current user (Administrator):

• schtasks /Create /SC ONSTART /TN NAS_MAP /RL HIGHEST /TR "net use Z: \\192.168.1.102\Music /user:WORKGROUP\pavgeris petavg18"

Response: SUCCESS: The  scheduled task "NAS_MAP" has successfully been created.

Then:

• schtasks /Run /tn NAS_MAP

Response: SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "NAS_MAP"

Z: drive is mounted successfully!

Net drive needs to be mounted under the SYSTEM, the /SC SYSTEM parameter needs to be inserted on the above-mentioned command

So I define a task exactly as above, but including the /RU SYSTEM parameter.

• schtasks /Create /RU SYSTEM /SC ONSTART /TN NAS_MAP /RL HIGHEST /TR "net use Z: \\192.168.1.102\Music /user:WORKGROUP\pavgeris petavg18"

Response: SUCCESS: The  scheduled task "NAS_MAP" has successfully been created.

Then:

• schtasks /Run /tn NAS_MAP

Response: SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "NAS_MAP"

Then switching to drive Z:

Access is denied.

I have come to an end on this story, 5 days lost configuring the PC without success!

Can anybody help?

This is a clean WS2016 installation without AO, without anything!

#76 pavgeris

pavgeris

Beginner

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Hi Josef/Marcin,

I am starting a new thread because I cannot find a clear solution in the bug/issues topic. I am having the following issue when trying to use FEMTO library with BubbleUPnP:

Browse error

Reason: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on null object reference

I see users have tried various suggestions (not sure how many have had success). Here is what I have tried:

• Confirmed that drive was mapped under SYSTEM with admin privs
  • Verify mapping by running dir Z:\ in CMD
  • Tried both Z: and Z:\ (without and with slash) in the FEMTO setup
  • Used a mirror of the directory on a USB drive with success (so I don't think it's a character issue on a track name)

CMD: net use Z: "\\NAS-E6-81-CC\Backup\John Collins\Music" /u:myusername mypassword

• I used quotations because I have a space in the path. I have also tried a different directory on NAS without spaces or quotations (no luck).
  • CMD returns successful in prompt
  • I can browse the directory in FEMTO setup
  • BubleUPnP will not browse it

For some reason the MusicLibrary does not seem to be created correctly (I have attached it for viewing). Any thoughts?

Thanks for all you guys do. I have been a JPLAY user since version 4 and have loved it through the years. Tidal streaming in 7.0 is working (and sounding) great.

i have been struggling for this 2 days now!

system account does not have any net privilleges!

how RU able to access the nas through system account????

#77 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBordeaux (France)

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

Hello

After many investigations on Internet, I done these actions to connect my server to my NAS by updating the Windows Account using to start JPLAY:

1. Launch PowerShell as administrator: runas /user:Administrator powershell
  2. In your, NAS create a local account with the same credential as you have in your server
  3. Allow this account to access to your library in "READ/WRITE". If you don't provide "write" access the cover will not be loaded! it's strange for me ...
  4. Give a grant "log on as service" for your account"Administrator", you can download the script here; copy it on your server and launch it following the procedure
  5. Stop "JPLAYfemto" service: Stop-Service -Name "JPLAYfemto"
  6. Remove file MusicLibrary in JPLAY folder: rm c:\JPLAY\MusicLibrary
  7. Change the value of this registry by using UNC path (i.e. \\NAS\musics) of your library: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JPLAY7\MusicFolder
  8. Before any update, check the current configuration of the service: Get-WmiObject win32_service -Filter "Name LIKE 'JPLAYfemto%'" | Format-Table name, startname, startmode, state or Get-WmiObject win32_service -Filter "Name LIKE 'JPLAYfemto%'" | Format-List *
  9. Change the windows account for this service by using this script here; Change the content of the script by replacing "App Service" by "JPLAYfemto" and launch it. Fill in the prompt with your credential
  10.  Confirm you have the right account now: Get-WmiObject win32_service -Filter "Name LIKE 'JPLAY%'" | Format-Table name, startnamestartmode, state
  11. Start "JPLAYfemto" service: Start-Service -Name "JPLAYfemto"
  12. Check status "JPLAYfemto" service: Get-Service -Name "JPLAYfemto"

The only issue I still have: after a reboot I need to restart the service of JPLAYfemto to solve the error message I had in Bubble UPnP. After that I can close my remote session and the service still a live...I don't think there is a interaction with the desktop, the option for the service is "false"

Thanks

#78 satbaba

satbaba

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

PsExec64.exe does not work in server core mode?

I couldn't run.

#79 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

What version of Windows server are you using?

#80 LittleScarabee

LittleScarabee

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBordeaux (France)

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:28 PM

PsExec64.exe does not work in server core mode?

I couldn't run.

it works for me with Windows 2016 Core

• satbaba likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users