#41 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKawasaki, JAPAN

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

in windows10 i see the nas.  click right on the folder i want and choose "connecter un lecteur réseau" (in french). i choose the name and letter and voilà...

in my case Ithe folder \\Nas\musique appear in windows with letter S.

in setup of jplay i just choose S and all is working. Also i have no problem with covert art.

maybe it is more complicated with WS2012. Since 62 streame i tried and kept w10 and only 1 pc, sound more relaxed and musical (classic 40 hz)

Enchantez, alain, c'est tres interessant. C'est si...

It sounds like your NAS is somehow in the drive S: without any efforts on your side. Is my understanding correct? Normally, all network drives, including NAS, appear under Network in Explorer, even in Windows 10. You must have done something before, like when you started to use NAS, or some time...

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

https://www.cheetarh.com/

#42 WonkaBar

WonkaBar

Beginner

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

Well, tried just adding Z: as a network drive in Windows and trying it that way, but that didn’t work for me unfortunately. Tried creating a public location on the NAS so no password is needed, but again that also didn’t do the trick.
So still no songs found by FEMTO on the NAS.

Will continue to try.

JPlay  /  Kinsky  /  AudioPC - i5, 8G, SSD, Win10, Total Commander  /  NAS - Synology DS211+

JKenny JKDAC32 

#43 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

Enchantez, alain, c'est tres interessant. C'est si...

It sounds like your NAS is somehow in the drive S: without any efforts on your side. Is my understanding correct? Normally, all network drives, including NAS, appear under Network in Explorer, even in Windows 10. You must have done something before, like when you started to use NAS, or some time...

Enchanté

I have mapped all the folder of my nas with different letters and names: T: photo, S: Music etc...

BUT in fact that have no incidence in femro setup!:

i reinstalled femto today and looked well the setup of jplay. When setup ask for folder of music file, i click browse, i choose 'réseau' (network), i see the NAS and his folders, i choose the folder 'Music' and it works. I don't use any letter in the process.

i don't remember what i have make precisely in the nas, i can look if you ask me precises things. I know i have configured, (in 'share folders')  all the folders with 'Guest Access Rights' set at Read/Write.

#44 Fujak

Fujak

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:42 PM

Hi, I want to share two aspects regarding MapDrive issues:

1. Instead of using the task scheduler I wrote a little script.bat, that does the same but (at least in my system) more reliable and without delay.

A] Download the little application psexec.exe / psexec64.exe from Sysinternals. You should placed it in c:\

B] Create a little batchfile e.g. named "Autostart_MapDrive.bat" with following content:

c:\PsExec64.exe -s [now the the content of your regular MapDrive.bat follows ("net use z:\..." and so on]

C] Place this Autostart_MapDrive.bat in the autostart folder under Administrator.

D] After booting the system, the Autostart_MapDrive.bat will be executed and the Z:\ appears in Explorer - with (yes!) a red sign. In the following I will explain why this is correct:

2: Z:\ is mapped/mounted under SYSTEM and not under ADMINISTRATOR. So you could open the Z:\ only if you are logged in as SYSTEM (which is normally impossible). But regularly you are logged in as ADMINISTRATOR. So you have no permissions to access Z:\ although it is shown in Explorer. If you see the Z:\ with red sign, you can be shure it is mounted/mapped under SYSTEM correctly - and of course you will see the respective folders of your libraries in your controlpoint (e.g. BubbleUPnP).

At least that is my experience of the "issue".

My" real issue" however is the speed of FemtoServer. Although I can see all my folders of my music library in my Bubble UPnP (Android device), the scrolliing throug the folders and subfolders takes time up to 10 seconds. Also playing works only flawlessly with 16/44 files. 24/88.2 and above has difficulties to start the file (I have to press the play button a second time after about 5 seconds, before the file will be played). I stay in contact with Marcin regarding this issue and I hope for a solution.

• Marcin_gps likes this

Audio-PC: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H, CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3220, RAM: G.Skill Ripjar-X 8GB 1600, Windows Server 2016, RAM loaded, PC-PSU: 2x Peaktech 6080 PSU and Multi-Ultralownoise-Regulator-Stage. Soundcard: Dante Audio over IP, Dante DVS + Digimedia board with 27MHz Reference Neutrino-Clock, JPlay 7.0 Femto. Files processed by Acourate (Dr. U. Brüggemann) Convolving & M/S-Encoding by ConvoFS on NAS (Synology DS216II+), M/S-Decoder: Lowther-Trafo symm. by Dr. Volk. DAC: Audio-GD HE-7 with I²S connectivity to Dante devices. Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1. Loudspeaker: Neumann KH420. Sub: Teufel M11000 THX2 + Klipsch R-115SW. Power Conditioner Lab12 Gordian, Power-Conditioner: LAB12 Gordian, Power-Regenerator: Telos QNR.

#45 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:19 AM

Hi, I want to share two aspects regarding MapDrive issues:

1. Instead of using the task scheduler I wrote a little script.bat, that does the same but (at least in my system) more reliable and without delay.

A] Download the little application psexec.exe / psexec64.exe from Sysinternals. You should placed it in c:\

B] Create a little batchfile e.g. named "Autostart_MapDrive.bat" with following content:

c:\PsExec64.exe -s [now the the content of your regular MapDrive.bat follows ("net use z:\..." and so on]

C] Place this Autostart_MapDrive.bat in the autostart folder under Administrator.

D] After booting the system, the Autostart_MapDrive.bat will be executed and the Z:\ appears in Explorer - with (yes!) a red sign. In the following I will explain why this is correct:

2: Z:\ is mapped/mounted under SYSTEM and not under ADMINISTRATOR. So you could open the Z:\ only if you are logged in as SYSTEM (which is normally impossible). But regularly you are logged in as ADMINISTRATOR. So you have no permissions to access Z:\ although it is shown in Explorer. If you see the Z:\ with red sign, you can be shure it is mounted/mapped under SYSTEM correctly - and of course you will see the respective folders of your libraries in your controlpoint (e.g. BubbleUPnP).

At least that is my experience of the "issue".

My" real issue" however is the speed of FemtoServer. Although I can see all my folders of my music library in my Bubble UPnP (Android device), the scrolliing throug the folders and subfolders takes time up to 10 seconds. Also playing works only flawlessly with 16/44 files. 24/88.2 and above has difficulties to start the file (I have to press the play button a second time after about 5 seconds, before the file will be played). I stay in contact with Marcin regarding this issue and I hope for a solution.

Hi, Fujak, Your explanation on 2. REALLY MAKES SENSE. As I can see red X on the Z: in Explorer, I have re-installed JPLAY FEMTO, and during installation I selected the red crossed Z:. Surprizingly, it shows all folders under it. When I tried the same thing before, I could not do it due to "wrong user/ pass," or whatever, probably for other reasons. I actually have Z: and Y: for each of two SSD in QNAP, respectively. I needed to use the latest "setup JPLAY FEMTO" downloaded, for multiple path.

Finally, my QNAP is loaded to FEMTO Server, and I can compare the sounds, formats, album arts, and other functionality with MinimServer, now on.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your kind information.

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

#46 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

With Kinsky on Windows PC, by choosing JPLAY femtoServer, it says "A problem occured retrieving content from the specified location."

May be because I put multiple drives when setting up JPLAY FEMTO. When I tested only one drive, it worked fine.

Bubble UPnP shows both Y: and Z: drives with no problem.

#47 Fujak

Fujak

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hi cheeTar, thanks for feedback. These are really good news. Do you also have problems on yout WS2012 machine regarding speed of FemtoServer as described?

Audio-PC: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H, CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3220, RAM: G.Skill Ripjar-X 8GB 1600, Windows Server 2016, RAM loaded, PC-PSU: 2x Peaktech 6080 PSU and Multi-Ultralownoise-Regulator-Stage. Soundcard: Dante Audio over IP, Dante DVS + Digimedia board with 27MHz Reference Neutrino-Clock, JPlay 7.0 Femto. Files processed by Acourate (Dr. U. Brüggemann) Convolving & M/S-Encoding by ConvoFS on NAS (Synology DS216II+), M/S-Decoder: Lowther-Trafo symm. by Dr. Volk. DAC: Audio-GD HE-7 with I²S connectivity to Dante devices. Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1. Loudspeaker: Neumann KH420. Sub: Teufel M11000 THX2 + Klipsch R-115SW. Power Conditioner Lab12 Gordian, Power-Conditioner: LAB12 Gordian, Power-Regenerator: Telos QNR.

#48 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

Hi cheeTar, thanks for feedback. These are really good news. Do you also have problems on yout WS2012 machine regarding speed of FemtoServer as described?

Hi, currently, I use WS2016GUI only for FEMTO Server. WIth MinimServer usage, I started feel that I do not need JPLAY6.2, any more, which is on WS2012R2 Core. So, soon, I may switch FEMTO Server to WS2012R2 Core, and then I can tell you about it.

My guess is that FEMTO Server is new and concentrated on SQ, probably by not adding many functionalities. So, issues, if any, on responses, sort orders, album arts, file formats, control points, would be basically the same over OS versions. We will see.

#49 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

Hi, Marcin, I finally became able to use FEMTO Server with QNAP NAS, since yesterday. To me album arts are important, and they were all stored as "Folder.jpg" in each album folder. None of them is currently shown in Bubble UPnP after 24 hous has passed. I think I have seen some tips in this kind of occasion, but I could not find them. Could you tell me how album arts can be shown, here in this NAS topic, or somewhere else?

#50 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

all my album arts are also named folder.jpg in the same folder than the files of an album.

Bubble Upnp show them correctly.

#51 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:59 PM

all my album arts are also named folder.jpg in the same folder than the files of an album.

Bubble Upnp show them correctly.

Hi, alain, How long did you wait, until they are shown? Did you do something for it?

#52 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hi, alain, How long did you wait, until they are shown? Did you do something for it?

Did you set femtoServerIPaddress in regedit on control PC?

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#53 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hi, Marcin, No, I usually  do not touch Registry. Is it necessary for album arts to be shown?

#54 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

i verified: adress is in the key (only one pc config), but it has be placed automatically at setup.

#55 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

and for loop at the end of files any idea?

#56 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

Hi, Marcin, No, I usually  do not touch Registry. Is it necessary for album arts to be shown?

No, but it helps if there are multiple network adapters on a PC. 

and for loop at the end of files any idea?

Does it happen with all DAC Link values / Engines? Can you contact us on support@jplay.eu for a debug build?

Regards, 

Marcin

• alain likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#57 Fujak

Fujak

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hi all, since I have had a lot of issues with speed and reliability of JPlayFemto (SinglePC WindowsServer 2016), I spent a lot of time yesterday checking my network / homenet regarding bottlenecks of bandwith / data transfer rate. I found some and eliminate them. Since that time, I have no problems any longer, no delay of play and stop commands, no loops and interruptions playing a file whatever filesize. Also playing in hibernate mode works flawlessly. So it might be a good step checking network quality.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#58 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hi all, since I have had a lot of issues with speed and reliability of JPlayFemto (SinglePC WindowsServer 2016), I spent a lot of time yesterday checking my network / homenet regarding bottlenecks of bandwith / data transfer rate. I found some and eliminate them. Since that time, I have no problems any longer, no delay of play and stop commands, no loops and interruptions playing a file whatever filesize. Also playing in hibernate mode works flawlessly. So it might be a good step checking network quality.

Great to hear!

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#59 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

I added the PsExec procedure to the manual. It is the only method that is proven to work regardless of OS: http://jplay.eu/manual/#manual5

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#60 billgr

billgr

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

I get cover art most of the time. However when it is embedded in the file tag but there is no cover art in the folder the image is not displayed in bubbldupnp. Is there any way to make the tag images appear?

Win2019, Audiophile Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, JPlayFemto, 2PC, Ramdisk, MinorityClean, BubbleUPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, ATI1806 Amplifiers, Linkwitz LX521 speakers with ASP4, JPS Labs Aluminata cables, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users