97 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

Hi Josef/Marcin,

I am starting a new thread because I cannot find a clear solution in the bug/issues topic. I am having the following issue when trying to use FEMTO library with BubbleUPnP:

Browse error

Reason: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on null object reference

I see users have tried various suggestions (not sure how many have had success). Here is what I have tried:

• Confirmed that drive was mapped under SYSTEM with admin privs
  • Verify mapping by running dir Z:\ in CMD
  • Tried both Z: and Z:\ (without and with slash) in the FEMTO setup
  • Used a mirror of the directory on a USB drive with success (so I don't think it's a character issue on a track name)

CMD: net use Z: "\\NAS-E6-81-CC\Backup\John Collins\Music" /u:myusername mypassword

• I used quotations because I have a space in the path. I have also tried a different directory on NAS without spaces or quotations (no luck).
  • CMD returns successful in prompt
  • I can browse the directory in FEMTO setup
  • BubleUPnP will not browse it

For some reason the MusicLibrary does not seem to be created correctly (I have attached it for viewing). Any thoughts?

Thanks for all you guys do. I have been a JPLAY user since version 4 and have loved it through the years. Tidal streaming in 7.0 is working (and sounding) great.

• RomicJ and Elladdela like this

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

Hi John, 

I've been troubleshooting this issue with few customers over the weekend. I think we've found a solution. Could you please follow the procedure from the manual, but use this command for Task Scheduler instead?

schtasks /create /TN “MapDrive” /RU SYSTEM /SC ONSTART /DELAY 0001:00 /RL HIGHEST /TR C:\JPLAY\MapDrive.bat

It will wait one minute before mapping the drive after boot. It seems this has been the issue on some systems. If task is performed immediately, the network connection to NAS can't be established. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

Want to squeeze more from your PC-audio? Hear the difference with JCAT

#3 alain

alain

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:26 AM

in windows i see all my NAS Folders in explorer. I have used the  menu 'connecter un lecteur réseau' (in french) which open a windows when i specified the letter for windows (S for example) and the adresse of folder on NAS (\\192/168/0.100\Music).

In my case does i have to create the schtasks you indicate?

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

in windows i see all my NAS Folders in explorer. I have used the  menu 'connecter un lecteur réseau' (in french) which open a windows when i specified the letter for windows (S for example) and the adresse of folder on NAS (\\192/168/0.100\Music).

In my case does i have to create the schtasks you indicate?

Yes, drive mapping must be done using SYSTEM which is used by JPLAY FEMTO. 

• alain likes this

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY FEMTO: a complete network music software player for the most demanding audiophile.

#5 John

John

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

Hi John, 

I've been troubleshooting this issue with few customers over the weekend. I think we've found a solution. Could you please follow the procedure from the manual, but use this command for Task Scheduler instead?

schtasks /create /TN “MapDrive” /RU SYSTEM /SC ONSTART /DELAY 0001:00 /RL HIGHEST /TR C:\JPLAY\MapDrive.bat

It will wait one minute before mapping the drive after boot. It seems this has been the issue on some systems. If task is performed immediately, the network connection to NAS can't be established. 

Regards, 

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

I am now streaming from my NAS with FEMTO. Here's what I did:

1. Ran your updated script (above). For some reason, it did not work after the first restart but began working after several more restarts. The delay on start appears to have fixed it.
  2. I then began getting a Windows connection error for the mapped drive, which prompted for a password. Although I verified the password in the script was correct, I could not get the connection working without re-entering the password.
  3. I moved my music share to a public folder (no security) in the root folder of the NAS. All is working now.

Thank you for the help! I am excited to sit and listen to the new version. I have noticed a huge improvement in Tidal streaming (smooth, gapless, no more buffer errors). Great work!

Edited by John, 06 November 2018 - 12:14 AM.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#6 xsonic1

xsonic1

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:07 AM

Hi John,

Another solution is to include the addition text "/savecred" without the quotes at the end of the "net use" line in your MapDrive.bat file. You will be asked for your id and password one more time and should not be asked again on reboot.

Robb

• Marcin_gps and John like this

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

Thank you for the confirmation  - I will update the manual with the new command

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#8 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:25 AM

Manual updated. If anyone else has a problem setting up a NAS with JPLAY femtoServer, please report here. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#9 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationKawasaki, JAPAN

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

Hi, Marcin, sorry for continued issue. I moved to this NAS-specialized topic.

Now, I learned that folder name is necessary for "net use" command.

However, using your latest "schtasks.exe" command on Manual to read new MapDrive.bat (with folder name), and restarting the OS, red x is on the Z drive in Explorer, saying "Drive Z cannot be accessed. User name or password is wrong." 

Just for simplicity, I had deleted the previous task by Task Scheduler before doing above. 

I also tried to put "NAS name\" in front of the user name in MapDrive.bat, which did not make any difference.

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

https://www.cheetarh.com/

#10 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Hi, Marcin, sorry for continued issue. I moved to this NAS-specialized topic.

Now, I learned that folder name is necessary for "net use" command.

However, using your latest "schtasks.exe" command on Manual to read new MapDrive.bat (with folder name), and restarting the OS, red x is on the Z drive in Explorer, saying "Drive Z cannot be accessed. User name or password is wrong." 

Just for simplicity, I had deleted the previous task by Task Scheduler before doing above. 

I also tried to put "NAS name\" in front of the user name in MapDrive.bat, which did not make any difference.

Did you change user & pass in the MapDrive.bat to access your NAS? (must be the same as you use to log in to your NAS)

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#11 xsonic1

xsonic1

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

cheeTarh Consulting,

Even though you have a red X over the drive, check to see if it is accessible. I have found that Windows sometimes gets confused on this mapping and the drive is available even though Windows says it is disconnected. If it really is available, the JPlay installer will work fine. This happened to me.

Robb

#12 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

Did you change user & pass in the MapDrive.bat to access your NAS? (must be the same as you use to log in to your NAS)

Yes, I changed passwords as my previous password included uppercase. In addition, directly using the same "net use" command successfully connects to Z: to NAS. So, there should not be password issues. I put "QNAP-HS210S\" just in front of the user name, just for sure.

I tried the direct command with "/persistent:yes," too, hoping to survive the restart of OS (WS2016GUI) without Task Scheduler, but it required a password when Z: (with red X) clicked on Explorer, after restart. I use "net use z: /delete" command, every time before I use "net use" command directly.

I have tested both "schtasks" commands with and without 1 minute delay. In both cases, the same, "Z: cannot be accessed, user name or password is wrong," appears when Z: (with red X) clicked on Explorer. in this case, password box does not appear. I deleted previous task in Task Scheduler,  every time before using new "schtasks" command.

So, the issue persists.

cheeTarh Consulting,

Even though you have a red X over the drive, check to see if it is accessible. I have found that Windows sometimes gets confused on this mapping and the drive is available even though Windows says it is disconnected. If it really is available, the JPlay installer will work fine. This happened to me.

Robb

Dear Robb, Thank you for your comment. As you can see above, the drive Z: does not seem available, yet. 

Formats:       FLAC uncompressed 44.1/16, 44.1 - 192/24, WAV 352.8/24, DSF5.6 - 11.2, dBpoweramp, MP3tag, TASCAM Hi-Res Editor

Controller:     Kazoo on PCs, Kazoo on iPad, Bubble UPnP (for TIDAL only) in Android mini PC (Beelink GT-1)

NAS:             QNAP HS-210S, MinimServer, toroidal power supply, SSD 1TB x 2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS)

Gigabit Hub:  NetGear GS105, toroidal power supply, cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3)

Control PC:   XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, BubbleUPnP Server, JPLAY6.2 (ULTRAstream, 700Hz, 0.01), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), wireless mini keyboard, Sanwa Supply CAT7A cable (KB-T7A), cheeTarh cross LAN connector, display at TV or Windows Remote Access

Audio PC:     XCY fanless mini PC, toroidal power supply, i5 5200U, SSD 60GB, DDR3L 4GB, WS2012R2 Core, AO2.20 beta 6, JPLAY6.2, cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2),  wireless mini keyboard, cheeTarh USB cable (CNU-1 plus with batteries), display at TV

DAC:             OPPO Sonica DAC, Pioneer N-70A, cheeTarh XLR cable (CXL-1 silver-limited), cheeTarh LAN terminator (CLT-3), cheeTarh USB terminator (CUA-2), cheeTarh RCA caps (CRC-1) 

Amplifier:      SANSUI au-α707i (which I got 30 years ago), cheeTarh virtual ground (CVG-1), ortofon SPK-3100 Silver, Audioqest RCA caps

Speakers:     Diatone DS-77HRX (which I got 30 years ago), Oyaide stainless spike (INS-US/BS), cheeTarh Hypersonic Tweeter and weights (CHT-1 & CDY-1), FOSTEX CW250A, Yamamoto ebony spike (PB-9/10), cheeTarh lead weight (CBH-1)

#13 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

Marcin, I would like to just confirm if you get back to "/SC ONSTART" from "/SC ONLOGON" in schtasks command.

http://jplay.eu/foru...s-thread/page-5

#14 Thuan

Thuan

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:39 AM

BubbleUPnP can play PCM at up to 1000Hz now, but DSD playback is still a silent lamb. The cursor just stays half a second on one track then QUIETLY moves on to the next. Cover arts are showing, just no sound.
WS2019 DC v1577, dualPC, AO3 - 1A/2D, Fidelizer Pro 8.6, JPLAY Femto, MC77, BubbleUPnP 3.4.14.

#15 TJHUB

TJHUB

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

I cannot even get a drive mapped with these instructions on 2016 GUI. I’ve tried everything I can think of...
JPLAY Femto Setup: Single PC (Intel S1200KPR/XEON based), Windows Server 2016 GUI, JPLAY Femto, UltraStream engine (DAC Link = 500Hz, KS, and Hibernate), Motherboard USB port to DAC. HD-Plex linear power supply powering PC. Music library stored locally on OS 2.5” HDD (2TB Western Digital Blue, 5,400RPM). UPnP control point: Bubble UPnP or fidata.

#16 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:39 AM

cheeTarh Consulting,

Robb

I have re-installed JPLAY femto, hoping that disconeected drive Z: could be used by JPLAY femto, although the drive cannot be used in Explorer. The results were negative. Disconnected Z: could not be selected by JPLAY femto, either, saying the same; "user or password is wrong."

#17 xsonic1

xsonic1

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:33 AM

This may be a long shot but try increasing the delay time from 0001:00 to 0003:00. If that works you can reduce time to find an optimum for you system.

Robb

#18 cheeTarh Consulting

cheeTarh Consulting

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

This may be a long shot but try increasing the delay time from 0001:00 to 0003:00. If that works you can reduce time to find an optimum for you system.

Robb

Thank you for your idea, Robb, Unfortuniately, disconnected Z: appeared 3 minutes later, with "user/ passord wrong." This delay time adjustment can much more easily be done by Task Scheduler, than by "schtask" commands.

Another weird thing is that when I specify one of the folders beneath the Multimedia folder, nothing happens. In this case, there is not even disconnected Z: drive appearing in Explorer.

#19 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

Marcin, I would like to just confirm if you get back to "/SC ONSTART" from "/SC ONLOGON" in schtasks command.

http://jplay.eu/foru...s-thread/page-5

The updated instructions in the manual are correct

BubbleUPnP can play PCM at up to 1000Hz now, but DSD playback is still a silent lamb. The cursor just stays half a second on one track then QUIETLY moves on to the next. Cover arts are showing, just no sound.

Which USB DAC or USB DDC is directly connected to the PC? 

I cannot even get a drive mapped with these instructions on 2016 GUI. I’ve tried everything I can think of...

Have you tried with the updated instructions, please check the manual again, these should work. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

#20 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:57 AM

Thank you for your idea, Robb, Unfortuniately, disconnected Z: appeared 3 minutes later, with "user/ passord wrong." This delay time adjustment can much more easily be done by Task Scheduler, than by "schtask" commands.

Another weird thing is that when I specify one of the folders beneath the Multimedia folder, nothing happens. In this case, there is not even disconnected Z: drive appearing in Explorer.

How about you try with this in MapDrive.bat:

net use Z: \\192.168.2.32\music /savecred /persistent:no 

use the IP address & the share!

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users