• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fightclub

fightclub

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

I still love the combination of Jriver and Jplay, so i have to use Jriver 20.0.41 or lower version.

I know we could use foo dsd asio plug-in on latest version jriver as an intermediary to use jplay, but the speed is much slower than 20.0.41.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#2 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationMorristown, NJ USA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

I still love the combination of Jriver and Jplay, so i have to use Jriver 20.0.41 or lower version.

I know we could use foo dsd asio plug-in on latest version jriver as an intermediary to use jplay, but the speed is much slower than 20.0.41.

Marcin, on July 30th you wrote in response to a question by me about JPlay driver and JRiver "It [it being the JPlay driver] will appear only if foo_dsd_asio plugin is installed, because JRiver blocked JPLAY Driver years ago." I failed to tell you I am using an earlier version of JRiver, i.e., 20.0.132.

Given this version, do I need the plugin in order for JRiver and JPLAY to work together? And shouldn't I see the JPlay Driver [ASIO] as a choice in JRiver? I don't and never have.

#3 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationMorristown, NJ USA

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

Check that, actually I'm using a later version now that I review my note. In any event, Marcin, is there an advantage to using an earlier version of JRiver per fightclub's comment above? I'm not certain what is meant by speed in this context.

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Check that, actually I'm using a later version now that I review my note. In any event, Marcin, is there an advantage to using an earlier version of JRiver per fightclub's comment above? I'm not certain what is meant by speed in this context.

Direct ASIO support in JRiver should be better. But there is no alternative with post 20.0.0.44 versions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users