• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 fightclub

fightclub

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

I still love the combination of Jriver and Jplay, so i have to use Jriver 20.0.41 or lower version.

I know we could use foo dsd asio plug-in on latest version jriver as an intermediary to use jplay, but the speed is much slower than 20.0.41.

• Marcin_gps and JulianSMC like this

#2 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationMorristown, NJ USA

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

I still love the combination of Jriver and Jplay, so i have to use Jriver 20.0.41 or lower version.

I know we could use foo dsd asio plug-in on latest version jriver as an intermediary to use jplay, but the speed is much slower than 20.0.41.

Marcin, on July 30th you wrote in response to a question by me about JPlay driver and JRiver "It [it being the JPlay driver] will appear only if foo_dsd_asio plugin is installed, because JRiver blocked JPLAY Driver years ago." I failed to tell you I am using an earlier version of JRiver, i.e., 20.0.132.

Given this version, do I need the plugin in order for JRiver and JPLAY to work together? And shouldn't I see the JPlay Driver [ASIO] as a choice in JRiver? I don't and never have.

#3 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

Check that, actually I'm using a later version now that I review my note. In any event, Marcin, is there an advantage to using an earlier version of JRiver per fightclub's comment above? I'm not certain what is meant by speed in this context.

#4 fightclub

fightclub

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

seems like i need keep use the 20.0.41 version or earlier version.

Now i am use 20.0.25 version jriver as i could not find later version (but before 20.0.44)?

#5 Clivedoc

Clivedoc

Beginner

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBishops Stortford, UK

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

I'm using JPlay femto with JRiver 24.0.55 and it sounds great.  You need to do the Awe Driver (Asio) fix described in earlier threads.

#6 qyy

qyy

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:18 PM

I can't use Jplay femto (Jriver20) in Jriver24, even if I use the Awe Driver (Asio) fix described or the foo dsd asio plug in.But Jplay 6.2 works fine with both of the above methods. I don't know if there is any way to make Jplay femto work in Jriver24?

#7 PCM

PCM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:34 AM

I have been using JRiver & JPLAY patch for last 4 years and this is a patch for JRiver (Any version) + JPLAY Femto patch.

* This patch is for JPLAY V7 (Classic & Femto) ONLY!!!

https://ufile.io/cy6tp  - The file will be deleted by the end of November, 2018.

(* Choose "Slow Download")

1. Download file and change file name and extension to like "JPLAY.zip" - ** upload site is changing file name  :angry:  So you need change file name to.

2. Un-Zip the file..

3. There are two folders for Official version and Alternative version.

4. Choose version which you have installed.

5. Run "JRiver_JPLAY_Patch.bat" as administrator.

6. Re-Start PC.

7. Choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" in JRiver.

If you still could not find "JCAT Driver[ASIO] in JRiver...

1. Copy both "JPLAYDriver.dll" and "JPLAYDriver64.dll" into "C:\JPLAY" folder.

2. Re-Run "JRiver_JPLAY_Patch.bat" as administrator.

3. Double click "JCAT_Driver.reg" file then "Yes".

4. Re-start PC.

5. Choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" in JRiver.

** After apply this patch, even with foobar, need to choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]".

It will works!

Good luck.  :)

• taraba55 and fightclub like this
Don't Worry, Be Happy...

#8 fightclub

fightclub

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:22 AM

I have been using JRiver & JPLAY patch for last 4 years and this is a patch for JRiver (Any version) + JPLAY Femto patch.

https://ufile.io/cy6tp  - The file will be deleted by the end of November, 2018.

1. Download file and change file name and extension to like "JPLAY.zip" - ** upload site is changing file name  :angry:  So you need change file name to.

2. Un-Zip the file..

6. Re-Start PC.

4. Re-start PC.

** After apply this patch, even with foobar, need to choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]".

It will works!

How could I thank you! This file is great. Tons of thanks!!!

#9 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:32 PM

PCM, thanks for your instructions, I'll give them a try. I currently have the following file installed per Marcin's instructions vis-a-vis JRiver. Does it need to be uninstalled prior to my installing your patch?

https://sourceforge....s/foo_dsd_asio/

Gary

#10 PCM

PCM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

PCM, thanks for your instructions, I'll give them a try. I currently have the following file installed per Marcin's instructions vis-a-vis JRiver. Does it need to be uninstalled prior to my installing your patch?

https://sourceforge....s/foo_dsd_asio/

Gary

You don't need to uninstall.  Just set "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" in stead of JPLAY Driver[ASIO].

Don't Worry, Be Happy...

#11 Kempy

Kempy

Beginner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

Hi,

no need to fix around.

Switch on JRivers medianetwork an you will find jplay Femto as a renderer target.

G.

#12 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

You don't need to uninstall.  Just set "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" in stead of JPLAY Driver[ASIO].

Excellent - thanks very much

#13 taraba55

taraba55

Beginner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

2. Un-Zip the file..

6. Re-Start PC.

4. Re-start PC.

It will works!

2. Un-Zip the file..

6. Re-Start PC.

4. Re-start PC.

It will works!

Hi

You are not going to believe, I read your post maybe twenty times, in hope I get it right what you are saying. The patch is for JPLAY FEMTO (complete package) or just for Jplay 7 .

Thank you

DIY room treatment , Bus traps in all corners, and all reflection points, 2 Helmholtz resonators, Acourate DRC.

Single PC ( Gigabite GA -880GM , Athlon II x2 245e, 8GB RAM ) OS SSD powered by Anker battery,  Paul Pang USB v.2 card powered by external  linear PSU.

Windows Server 2012 R2, AO 1.30 GUI, Jplay 6, JRMC 20.87, Modified Eastern Electric Minimax Dac Plus ,  Synology  DS 411+, IPad 2 

#14 GAR

GAR

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

Ok, I'm not an expert with JRiver so request help. I see in the JRiver program on the left hand side of the screen under "Playing Now" several choices (DLNA, NODLNA, nil, JPLAY FEMTO). I assume I select JPLAY FEMTO?

Also, in the same left hand column, I see under "Playing from JPLAY femtoServer" several choices (Main Library, JPLAY femto Server/ Logitech Media Server, etc.) I assume I select JPLAY femtoServer?

When I do it asks me if I want to import files into this library. I assume I go ahead and do so?

#15 taraba55

taraba55

Beginner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

I think the patch is for JPLAY Driver which was blocked by JRiver 5 years ago...

Please be more explicit Marcin. Is it a way that Jplay femto ( complete sofware ) can work together with Jriver as a shell, contol point ( what ever is the right term ) .I desperately want to find a way to be able to use my convolusion files create by accurate. Any sugestion and help from anyone will be greatly appreciate. 

Ok maybe I am not reading betwen lines. or you dont want to say it publicly. Thas it means that if patch ( PCM advice )  is working for Jplay driver 7, than complete Iplay femto sofware will work with Jriver. 

Thanks

DIY room treatment , Bus traps in all corners, and all reflection points, 2 Helmholtz resonators, Acourate DRC.

Single PC ( Gigabite GA -880GM , Athlon II x2 245e, 8GB RAM ) OS SSD powered by Anker battery,  Paul Pang USB v.2 card powered by external  linear PSU.

Windows Server 2012 R2, AO 1.30 GUI, Jplay 6, JRMC 20.87, Modified Eastern Electric Minimax Dac Plus ,  Synology  DS 411+, IPad 2 

#16 PCM

PCM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

Hi
You are not going to believe, I read your post maybe twenty times, in hope I get it right what you are saying. The patch is for JPLAY FEMTO (complete package) or just for Jplay 7 .
Thank you

This patch will make JPLAY V7 (both Classic & Femto) and JRiver could use together like old JRiver version 20. Just apply the patch and choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" instead of "JPLAY Driver[ASIO] in JRiver settings as playback device.
Don't Worry, Be Happy...

#17 qyy

qyy

Beginner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:57 AM

1. Download file and change file name and extension to like "JPLAY.zip" - ** upload site is changing file name   :angry:  So you need change file name to.

2. Un-Zip the file..

6. Re-Start PC.

4. Re-start PC.

It will works!

Good luck.   :)

Thank you so much!

#18 fightclub

fightclub

Beginner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

This patch will make JPLAY V7 (both Classic & Femto) and JRiver could use together like post JRiver version 20.  Just apply the patch and choose "JCAT Driver[ASIO]" instead of "JPLAY Driver[ASIO] in JRiver settings as playback device.

Hi PCM, seek your help for another question:

if i use jriver and jplay to play a SACD ISO file, after playing 1 or 2 trackes, it will freeze. I need stop the playing and restart the play again?

Any possible reason or suggestion?

#19 PCM

PCM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hi PCM, seek your help for another question:

if i use jriver and jplay to play a SACD ISO file, after playing 1 or 2 trackes, it will freeze. I need stop the playing and restart the play again?

Any possible reason or suggestion?

I think you should disable memory playback to "no memory playback" and also un-check "Do not play silence (leading and trailing")  and check both "Use gapless for..." in JRiver setting.  Also try to change [Prebuffering] to [2 seconds].

Also try to reduce buffers in JRIver settings.  [Tools] - [Options] - [Audio], [Device Setting] under [JCAT Driver[ASIO]] - [Buffering] -> [Minimum hardware size] and un-check [use large hardware buffers...].

Don't Worry, Be Happy...

#20 jad17

jad17

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

Thank’s a lot for the files and the explanations for installation.

I can see yours news drivers on JRMC and JPLAY but it doesn’t work because my audio PC not connected (can't connect error). I tried to connect it manually in REGEDIT but the IP of my audio PC is not kept by the JPLAY7 KEY. I fill it manually close REGEDIT but when i re open REGEDIT the IP address of my audio PC has disapeared ad is still blank…

PC control W10

PC audio WS2012R2

JRMC 20.0.137

I don’t have this problem with JPLAY 6.2

Before trying 7.0 I have uninstalled JPLAY 6.2 but not in REGEDIT

I have installed yours  drivers for 7.0 and JRMC only in control PC not in the audio PC

I have installed the files (dll etc...) manualy as you explain before trying to connect the audio PC manually with REGEDIT

Thank’s for help

(sorry for may poor English…)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users