screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Run in cmd:

Powershell Set-Service 'SamSs' -startuptype "disabled"

If I disable Sam service in W Server 2016 can I log in as usual or they are any risks?

#5 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

If I disable Sam service in W Server 2016 can I log in as usual or they are any risks?

thanks for all the reponses..

#6 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

Are you using AO with WS2016? if so, why not use the automatic login feature of the Service Tool? In combination with AO this disables the Security Accounts Manager in WS2016 with no ill effects.

Control and Audio PCs

Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptops with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz) and 16 (Control-PC) or 8 (Audio-PC) Gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Software

OS: Windows Server 2016 optimized via Fidelizer Pro 8.1 (Audio-PC only), Process Lasso Server Edition 9.0.0.478, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20, Computer Audio Design Windows 8.1 Optimization and Desktop Services Killer scripts to Virtual Core Mode on Control-PC and Audio-PC (https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing); File Manager: Q-Dir 7.18; Library Manager: JRiver MC19; Renderer: JPLAY 6.2 with ULTRAstream engine in JPLAYStreamer mode; Server: Minimserver 0.8.5.2 update 124 with Avconv transcoding; Control Point: Kinsky 4.4.5 / Upplay 1.2.11; Optional Media Players for testing JPLAY ASIO: Bughead 7.27, Winyl 3.3

Equipment Configuration

Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord Silver Plus USB Cable > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > Van Den Hul Teatrack Speaker Cables > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers with external crossovers

Music Storage

Seagate 6-Tb plus Seagate 3-Tb ext HDDs (USB to Control PC) and 2x Seagate 6-Tb plus 3-Tb ext HDD backups

#7 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

Are you using AO with WS2016? if so, why not use the automatic login feature of the Service Tool? In combination with AO this disables the Security Accounts Manager in WS2016 with no ill effects.

Thanks Bernie for your reply, yes I am using AO with WS2016 but have no clue of how to do that.

#8 taxman2

taxman2

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:43 PM

Use Service Tool, check autologon and enter you password.

• screenmusic likes this

Furman Elite 10i (power conditioner), JPLAY, AO, PL Pro, F Pro, 3 x fanless mini PC, Server PC - WS 2016 core, Control PC - WS 2012 R2 core, Audio PC - WS 2016 core, JCAT USB Card, 2 x JCAT Femto Net Cards, 3 x 100VA Ultra Low Noise LPS, JCAT Isolator, SU-1 with external LPS, Gustard X-20, Audia Flight Pre Mk III (class A preamp), Audia Flight FL50 Mk IV(class A amplifier), Focal Electra 1008BE;

#9 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

See page 57 of the AO 2.20 Setup Guide if you need additional directions. The Setup Guide is your friend :)

• screenmusic and thuanb like this

Control and Audio PCs

Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptops with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz) and 16 (Control-PC) or 8 (Audio-PC) Gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Software

OS: Windows Server 2016 optimized via Fidelizer Pro 8.1 (Audio-PC only), Process Lasso Server Edition 9.0.0.478, Audiophile Optimizer 2.20, Computer Audio Design Windows 8.1 Optimization and Desktop Services Killer scripts to Virtual Core Mode on Control-PC and Audio-PC (https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing); File Manager: Q-Dir 7.18; Library Manager: JRiver MC19; Renderer: JPLAY 6.2 with ULTRAstream engine in JPLAYStreamer mode; Server: Minimserver 0.8.5.2 update 124 with Avconv transcoding; Control Point: Kinsky 4.4.5 / Upplay 1.2.11; Optional Media Players for testing JPLAY ASIO: Bughead 7.27, Winyl 3.3

Equipment Configuration

Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord Silver Plus USB Cable > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > Van Den Hul Teatrack Speaker Cables > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers with external crossovers

Music Storage

Seagate 6-Tb plus Seagate 3-Tb ext HDDs (USB to Control PC) and 2x Seagate 6-Tb plus 3-Tb ext HDD backups

#10 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:15 AM

See page 57 of the AO 2.20 Setup Guide if you need additional directions. The Setup Guide is your friend :)

thanx taxman and Bernie, I read the page 57 and it seems that the pc will boot automatically without entering a password but I just want to delete the service SAM that is only via regedit, you are saying if I do an autologon then I can disable SAM service and the Pc will boot without any problem?

#11 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

Run in cmd:
Powershell Set-Service 'SamSs' -startuptype "disabled"

Copied and pasted into cmd with right click and boom done awesome thank you
  • thuanb likes this

#12 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

thanx taxman and Bernie, I read the page 57 and it seems that the pc will boot automatically without entering a password but I just want to delete the service SAM that is only via regedit, you are saying if I do an autologon then I can disable SAM service and the Pc will boot without any problem?

Yes. AO will disable SAM and auto logon will get you to the GUI directly without having to enter a password. If you're concerned about whether SAM is running, check SAM in Windows Services (in Start Menu under Windows Administrative Tools). Permanently disable SAM as in ellisdj post above.

• screenmusic and thuanb like this

Control and Audio PCs

Software

Equipment Configuration

Music Storage

#13 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:03 PM

Yes. AO will disable SAM and auto logon will get you to the GUI directly without having to enter a password. If you're concerned about whether SAM is running, check SAM in Windows Services (in Start Menu under Windows Administrative Tools). Permanently disable SAM as in ellisdj post above.

Thanks Bernie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users