• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 junk981

junk981

Beginner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

It's coming out next month does anyone have any more information on it?

http://www.theabsolu...for-windows-10/

#2 Farmer

Farmer

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

Hi Folks,

It has been possible to download a beta version since the 12th of June. 

Instructions are here:

https://www.computer...#comment-832352

I have tried it out with a few 44.1khz 16bit albums on my dual PC setup using Jplay. I works perfectly using kernel streaming. 

My only real issue is that my Nad M51 Dac need PCM translation to play DSD files. Using the Jplay Asio driver makes Audirvana thinks that 768 Khz is supported. The truth is that only 192 Khz  supported by the Nad. When I connect the Nad M51 directly to the Control PC and choose Nad Wasapi driver Audirvana somehow knows the limitation of the Nad M51 (from Driver choice I guess). And DSD is automatically converted to 176,4 Khz by Audirvana. Hower Audirvana Beta confuses itself in ISO files so track selection is not realy a possibility at the moment.

I would like a workaround to pair information about the DAC limitations to the JPlay driver so that I can use my Audio PC with Jcat USB card. So hopefully Marcin reeds this  :wub:   

For the above reasons I can not conclude on the SQ of Nirvanna but so far I am very possitive.

Btw it cannot be installed on Server 2016 and maybe never will...  

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

Hi Folks,

Instructions are here:

I have tried it out with a few 44.1khz 16bit albums on my dual PC setup using Jplay. I works perfectly using kernel streaming. 

My only real issue is that my Nad M51 Dac need PCM translation to play DSD files. Using the Jplay Asio driver makes Audirvana thinks that 768 Khz is supported. The truth is that only 192 Khz  supported by the Nad. When I connect the Nad M51 directly to the Control PC and choose Nad Wasapi driver Audirvana somehow knows the limitation of the Nad M51 (from Driver choice I guess). And DSD is automatically converted to 176,4 Khz by Audirvana. Hower Audirvana Beta confuses itself in ISO files so track selection is not realy a possibility at the moment.

I would like a workaround to pair information about the DAC limitations to the JPlay driver so that I can use my Audio PC with Jcat USB card. So hopefully Marcin reeds this  :wub:   

For the above reasons I can not conclude on the SQ of Nirvanna but so far I am very possitive.

Are you upsampling to quad DSD?

#4 Farmer

Farmer

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

Its SA-CD iso files DSD64 i guess. Only choice available ind Audirvana selection is the DSD streaming method, which in my case is "None; convert to PCM" there is no way of chosing sample frequence. when using the Nad Wasapi driver as mentioned above Audirvana automaticaly converts to 174.4 Khz.

#5 Farmer

Farmer

Beginner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Stupid me!

I just realized that in Audirvana under driver option I can scroll further down to "Low level Playback option" and under "For bridge devices connectected to Dac" limit the sample rate to 192 khz. So problem solved.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#6 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

Hi Folks,

Instructions are here:

Hi Farmer, do you know why some software can be installed in W10 and some not in Wserver 2016? what is the real difference, some services missing?

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Stupid me!

I just realized that in Audirvana under driver option I can scroll further down to "Low level Playback option" and under "For bridge devices connectected to Dac" limit the sample rate to 192 khz. So problem solved.

Good to hear! :) 

Hi Farmer, do you know why some software can be installed in W10 and some not in Wserver 2016? what is the real difference, some services missing?

Audirvana for Windows is a W10 specific software - it will not work on any other Windows. 

• screenmusic likes this

#8 Phxtriode

Phxtriode

Beginner

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ USA

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

I tried Audirvana for Windows Beta. It did work on my WS 2016 single pc with JPLAY.

User interface was very different from what I remember of the Mac version but fairly well polished.

In all fairness I did not make any other adjustments (AO or FP) but it was a significant setback in sound quality vs minimserve and Bubble that I typically use. Loss of focus, less air, and attack and decay attenuated almost like someone put a bed sheet between the music and my listening chair.

Just my $.02

• Marcin_gps likes this

Single PC Windows Server 2016 Shell Replacement - JPLAYSTREAMER (170hz .5ms DAC Limited) - Fedelizer Pro 8.2 - AO  - ProcessLasso Server - MinimServer - Bubble Upnp - Kazzo - Intel i5 8600 - 16GB DDR4 - Gigabyte H270MD3H - Intel Optane M.2 - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (2) fed by 5v LPSU - JPLAY FEMTO USB fed by 5V external LPSU - Itona USB isolator - Intona Pro USB Cables - PS Audio DirectStream - Oppo 103d - Luxman L-590AXII - Golden Ear Reference Speakers - Nordost QX4, (2) QB8, (2) Qv2, (1) Qk1, (4) Frey II power cords, Sort Kones (3) TC (9) BC (6) AC, Sort Fut (8) under speakers- Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix speaker cables , interconnects , (5) power cords - Room treatment (14 custom made birch acoustic panels by your's truly) - SR Blue Fuses throughout

#9 hflnc

hflnc

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

I have also tried Audirvana 3 + build 1028 for Windows 10. However, as far as I could tell this current version doesn't support all the options one would find in the Mac version. In fairness this is a work in progress, and I'm pleased to see it come to Windows.

Even so, the comparison wasn't even close, and I've removed it from my system.

JPlay sets a very high standard!

• Marcin_gps likes this

Dual PC configuration:

Control PC: Shuttle SP35P2 Pro running Windows 10 Pro with Intel Q9550S @ 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad, 8GB Ram, and music library storage

Audio PC: Dell M4500 notebook running Windows 10 Pro with Intel i7 920 @ 1.6GHz, 8 GB Ram, dedicated audio pc

JPlay 6.2 using Ultrastream engine. Network is gigabit capable using Cat5e ethernet cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users