89 replies to this topic

#81 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:46 AM

OK Marcin,

the amazing thing is that I can play native DSD via KS on Roon, native is available and enabled in Roon and DSD file are effectively played in native according the signal path in Roon.

DoP is also native. The DSD nomenclature is messy... 

Both methods are native in a way that the signal is transmitted without modification. It's just that DoP uses PCM stream to transfer data. DoP can use KS, WASAPI and ASIO while DSD Native (RAW) method must use ASIO. 

#82 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

OK Marcin,

no problem I'm totally agree with you about that but Roon signal path mention if DoP or native is used.

When native isn't available it doesn't appear in the settings of Roon. In my case native is available. It's the reason why I mentioned that it's amazing.

Normally, I should get native in Roon settings when I'm using directly the ASIO driver of the W4S 10th anniversary DAC witch allow native DSD playing without passing via Jplay driver. 

For my part I able to know if DSD is played in native according Roon or via DoP because when I'm setting DoP in Roon, I hear a "pop" between tracks and when I'm setting native I don't have this "pop" between tracks. It can be verified with the proper ASIO driver of the DAC.

I get the same result via JPlay Driver with KS.

#83 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

OK Marcin,

no problem I'm totally agree with you about that but Roon signal path mention if DoP or native is used.

When native isn't available it doesn't appear in the settings of Roon. In my case native is available. It's the reason why I mentioned that it's amazing.

Normally, I should get native in Roon settings when I'm using directly the ASIO driver of the W4S 10th anniversary DAC witch allow native DSD playing without passing via Jplay driver. 

For my part I able to know if DSD is played in native according Roon or via DoP because when I'm setting DoP in Roon, I hear a "pop" between tracks and when I'm setting native I don't have this "pop" between tracks. It can be verified with the proper ASIO driver of the DAC.

I get the same result via JPlay Driver with KS.

So you're getting 'native' DSD playback in Roon via KS?

#84 Johannes

Johannes

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

I did not get that when upsampling. Dop over pcm only. Display first showed DSD, then after stop samplerate in pcm. I suspect that is what happens when using KS.
Dual-PC with control-pc running Fedora 28 minimal, audio-pc in Windows Server 2016 Core with Process Lasso, Fidelizer 8 Pro, AO. Roonserver. Control with Android-phone and iPad.

Furutech TP 60E power distributor, Furutech Flux 50 power filter, Furutech power cables, 2x Furutech NCF-boosters
Pro-ject Pre Box S2 with Swagmanlab custom lineær PSU as DAC, Paradound Halo P5 pre, and Halo A23 poweramp.
Black Magic Cables and Van den Hul interconnects. Black Magic Revelation speaker cables.
Krix Apex 4 floorstanding speakers.

#85 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

Yes exactly, native is available and I can choose it in Roon and I know it is really enabled as the signal audio path in Roon confirm this fact and by myself I don't hear the little pop between tracks I get when I'm playing DSD file via DoP.

Jplay is setting on KS W4S Audio USB and I'm actually using Ultrastream (DAC Link 2,5Hz and buffer 2ms).

I cannot play DSD neither in native or DoP (transport error in Roon) if I use W4S ASIO driver or WASAPI in Jplay settings.

#86 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

I did not get that when upsampling. Dop over pcm only. Display first showed DSD, then after stop samplerate in pcm. I suspect that is what happens when using KS.

When you are using KS in Jplay, does "Native" is an available option in Roon audio device settings "DSD Playback Strategy" for you as it is the case for me or do you have only the choice to "Convert to PCM" or using "DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP)" or "Initial dCS method" ?

#87 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

Yes exactly, native is available and I can choose it in Roon and I know it is really enabled as the signal audio path in Roon confirm this fact and by myself I don't hear the little pop between tracks I get when I'm playing DSD file via DoP.

Jplay is setting on KS W4S Audio USB and I'm actually using Ultrastream (DAC Link 2,5Hz and buffer 2ms).

I cannot play DSD neither in native or DoP (transport error in Roon) if I use W4S ASIO driver or WASAPI in Jplay settings.

It's not possible, because Native (RAW) DSD playback is reserved for ASIO, so if roon says it's playing DSD Native (RAW), it's a bug in roon... 

#88 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:55 PM

Yes but the fact is that I have not the click and pop between tracks as if I played the file in DSD Native. If I select DoP I confirm I get these clicks and pops.

Perhaps something to do in the way ASIO drivers of the W4S DAC are managed..... I don't know.

Here is the signal path in Roon with native DSD playing (generally no clicks between tracks):

Attached File  dsd-native.JPG   33.62KB   0 downloads

Here is the signal path in Roon with DoP playing (generally clicks between tracks):

Attached File  DoP.JPG   40.59KB   0 downloads

#89 Johannes

Johannes

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:23 AM

DC could you help me out with the network bridge setup? 😁

Tried your guide. I am unsure about the ip, static or dhcp, same range for both cards?

When I reboot and type "ip address" both ethernet connections are now listed as down...
Dual-PC with control-pc running Fedora 28 minimal, audio-pc in Windows Server 2016 Core with Process Lasso, Fidelizer 8 Pro, AO. Roonserver. Control with Android-phone and iPad.

Furutech TP 60E power distributor, Furutech Flux 50 power filter, Furutech power cables, 2x Furutech NCF-boosters
Pro-ject Pre Box S2 with Swagmanlab custom lineær PSU as DAC, Paradound Halo P5 pre, and Halo A23 poweramp.
Black Magic Cables and Van den Hul interconnects. Black Magic Revelation speaker cables.
Krix Apex 4 floorstanding speakers.

#90 DC

DC

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hi Johannes,

can you tell me what you have done exactly?

In bridge config you don't have to put IP addresses in the configuration file of the Ethernet cards, only in the configuration file of the bridge (ifcfg-br0).

What is the result of "ifconfig -a" command?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users