Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:04 PM
Marcin and friends, in terms of vibration control, I don't know if you have already tested, but probably yes. If not, I suggest that you try to use cork under your computers and its power supplies (three individual pieces dividing the weight evenly). It's amazing what these three "feets" do with the result of the sound. Here, I plan to completely coat the inside of the computer with a thin layer of cork. I really recommend this test.
One tip: if the computer and/or the PSU have original feet, don't put the cork under your feet, but directly under the chassis, on the metal part. Avoid the original feet. You'll be amazed with how natural and rich it sounds.
- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes;
- Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV;
- DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Furutech FI-03 ( R);
- Source: the Control-PC is a dedicated computer with a Gigabyte H310N motherboard, a Intel Core i3-8100T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2400MHz and 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD; the Audio-PC is a dedicated computer with an Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 motherboard, a Intel Core i7-4750T processor, an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive Cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM 1600MHz and a JCAT USB Card FEMTO. Both computers use Windows Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode with RAMdisk as Operational System, JPLAY FEMTO Alternative version, Minority Clean and Audiophile Optimizer v. 3.00 (1A in Control-PC and 4D in Audio-PC). Both also use hand made linear power supplies with a Furutech FI-06 ( R).
- Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (computers), Transparent PowerLink MM2 (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design Canorus Praesto Revision Power Cable (power distributor), Purist Audio Design Limited Edition Praesto Revision Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the motherboards), Jupiter Pure Silver Cotton Insulated (all remaining internal wires from the computers) and Audiopheeling SATA Encounter.
- Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); Sunrise Deep Line (x3); spikes Viablue HS; ebony spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.