16 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Hi Guys,

Since I received many requests from people about the availability of the 400W ATX power supply, I'm happy to inform you that it's available to order now with shipping around 15th of May.  This is a small batch, so if you had an eye on it, please hurry up

It can be ordered at the JCAT shop over here: https://jcat.eu/prod...r-power-supply/

Best regards,

Marcin

• Adrian, Galenfeex, BrantNags and 1 other like this

#2 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Just added one of these to replace a custom very high quality linear power supply with PPA Pico PSU.

My only regret not doing it ages ago.

Great great product Thanks Marcin
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#3 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

Thanks a lot - enjoy :)

#4 TubemanRQ

TubemanRQ

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

Hi Guys,

Since I received many requests from people about the availability of the 400W ATX power supply, I'm happy to inform you that it's available to order now with shipping around 15th of May.  This is a small batch, so if you had an eye on it, please hurry up

It can be ordered at the JCAT shop over here: https://jcat.eu/prod...r-power-supply/

Best regards,

Marcin

The site says SOLD OUT.

Any info on a new batch of 400W power supplies?

#5 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

The site says SOLD OUT.

Any info on a new batch of 400W power supplies?

Will be back early October

#6 arjen

arjen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDamwoude

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

Hello,

I use two 400 PSU for both my pc’s and two Jcat Netcard femto
Now with the new Jplay 7 I beleve that more and more the surrounings (hardware) play a vital role.
Looking at the devellopments of the Memoryplayer 64, there is great attention to PSU and filtering.

In my Audio Pc I use also the filterblocks of Core Audio. This company doesn’t exist anymore I beleve.

But i now there is stil great potentional in filtering the Jcat 400W PSU.

Like the virtual Battery Powersuply from MemeryPlayer. https://www.thememor...virtual-battery

My netcard femto, lynx AES16e soundcard, 12v power to the processor and the ATX line is now filterd by the Core Audio blocks.
We could do better!

Any ideas?

arjen
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#7 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:37 AM

Hello,

I use two 400 PSU for both my pc’s and two Jcat Netcard femto
Now with the new Jplay 7 I beleve that more and more the surrounings (hardware) play a vital role.
Looking at the devellopments of the Memoryplayer 64, there is great attention to PSU and filtering.

In my Audio Pc I use also the filterblocks of Core Audio. This company doesn’t exist anymore I beleve.

But i now there is stil great potentional in filtering the Jcat 400W PSU.

Like the virtual Battery Powersuply from MemeryPlayer. https://www.thememor...virtual-battery

My netcard femto, lynx AES16e soundcard, 12v power to the processor and the ATX line is now filterd by the Core Audio blocks.
We could do better!

Any ideas?

arjen

Hi Arjen, 

I'd recommend using a good power cord with the PSU ;)

Regards, 

Marcin

#8 arjen

arjen

Beginner

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDamwoude

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:15 AM

Hi Arjen, 

I'd recommend using a good power cord with the PSU ;)

Regards, 
Marcin

Hi Marcin,
Each PSU has an Echole Signiture Powercord. There are not a lot that are better. Only in de Echole range.

Also looking at the enormous effort Absolare is putting in its powersupplies is not for fun.

They also made a special PSU for the Total Dac. Unfortualy way above budget for me.

I also take good care of resonancecontrol for the PSU’s and grounding them properly.

Regards,

Arjen
  • Marcin_gps likes this

#9 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationQuatiguá/Paraná/Brazil

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

I built a linear power supply for my dedicated computer. It's completely DIY. The cost of a JCAT linear power supply is very prohibitive in Brazil (one Euro costs almost five Real), so, I decided to construct one. Even though it isn't a hi-end item like the JCAT PSU (I also want a JCAT Femto USB), certainly the computer is the most sensitive item I have with respect to power cables. I have three dedicated cables here: Nordost Valhalla, Transparent PowerLink MM² and Purist 20th Anniversary. Each of them presents itself completely differently on the computer, and with a much greater impositiveness than in the rest of the system (integrated amp. and DAC).

If you have different power cables, I suggest to try them in different places of the system. You may be surprised by that.

• Marcin_gps and Phxtriode like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes; - Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV; - DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Sax Soul Ágata Fuse + Furutech FI-03 ( R); - Source: Dedicated computer with a linear power supply (MK III) + Furutech FI-06 ( R) + SOtM tx-USBexp. Operational System Windows Server 2016 Core Mode 64bits with RAMdisk, JPlay FEMTO Alternative version (dual-PC setup) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20; - Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Furutech 3TS762 + 3TS20 (x2) without plugs (power distributor), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design 20th Anniversary Power Cable (computer), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board); - Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); spikes Viablue HS; ebony Spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#10 Phxtriode

Phxtriode

Beginner

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ USA

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

I built a linear power supply for my dedicated computer. It's completely DIY. The cost of a JCAT linear power supply is very prohibitive in Brazil (one Euro costs almost five Real), so, I decided to construct one. Even though it isn't a hi-end item like the JCAT PSU (I also want a JCAT Femto USB), certainly the computer is the most sensitive item I have with respect to power cables. I have three dedicated cables here: Nordost Valhalla, Transparent PowerLink MM² and Purist 20th Anniversary. Each of them presents itself completely differently on the computer, and with a much greater impositiveness than in the rest of the system (integrated amp. and DAC).

If you have different power cables, I suggest to try them in different places of the system. You may be surprised by that.

Once I went to Nordost Frey II on the ATX supply and Linear 5v supply (FEMTO USB and SSD) everything changed. This is fed by a QB8 and a QX4. I have learned you can never do too much on the power side of things. I am even entertaining build my own ATX cables with high quality wire.

• Marcin_gps and FelipeRolim like this

Single PC Windows Server 2016 Shell Replacement - JPLAYSTREAMER (170hz .5ms DAC Limited) - Fedelizer Pro 8.2 - AO  - ProcessLasso Server - MinimServer - Bubble Upnp - Kazzo - Intel i5 8600 - 16GB DDR4 - Gigabyte H270MD3H - Intel Optane M.2 - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (2) fed by 5v LPSU - JPLAY FEMTO USB fed by 5V external LPSU - Itona USB isolator - Intona Pro USB Cables - PS Audio DirectStream - Oppo 103d - Luxman L-590AXII - Golden Ear Reference Speakers - Nordost QX4, (2) QB8, (2) Qv2, (1) Qk1, (4) Frey II power cords, Sort Kones (3) TC (9) BC (6) AC, Sort Fut (8) under speakers- Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix speaker cables , interconnects , (5) power cords - Room treatment (14 custom made birch acoustic panels by your's truly) - SR Blue Fuses throughout

#11 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

Once I went to Nordost Frey II on the ATX supply and Linear 5v supply (FEMTO USB and SSD) everything changed. This is fed by a QB8 and a QX4. I have learned you can never do too much on the power side of things. I am even entertaining build my own ATX cables with high quality wire.

I built a 24-way ATX cable and, for this task, used the best 24-way cable that I found: the Kimber Kable 12TC. Besides that, I bought gold plated connectors and mounted it all by myself. This is one of the best upgrades I did in terms of powering a computer. The cable has double of the gauge and material far superior to the original tin plated copper. I really enjoy my computer.

Attached Files

• Marcin_gps and Rob like this

- Speakers KEF Reference 203/2 with spikes; - Integrated amplifier Sunrise V8 MK IV; - DAC Ayre QB-9 192/24 + Sax Soul Ágata Fuse + Furutech FI-03 ( R); - Source: Dedicated computer with a linear power supply (MK III) + Furutech FI-06 ( R) + SOtM tx-USBexp. Operational System Windows Server 2016 Core Mode 64bits with RAMdisk, JPlay FEMTO Alternative version (dual-PC setup) and Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20; - Cables: Nordost Tyr (speaker), Nordost Valhalla XLR (interconnect), Curious Cable (USB), Furutech 3TS762 + 3TS20 (x2) without plugs (power distributor), Transparent PowerLink MM² (integrated amp.), Purist Audio Design 20th Anniversary Power Cable (computer), Nordost Valhalla Power Cable (DAC), Kimber Kable 12TC + gold plated connectors (24 way internal power supply cable of the mother board); - Acessories: Furutech GTX-D (G); Furutech GTX-D ( R) (x2); spikes Viablue HS; ebony Spikes, carbon fiber bases; Nordost Qv2 (x3); acoustical and electrical reinforcements.

#12 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

I am even entertaining build my own ATX cables with high quality wire.

Very good idea, although very pricy if you want to use really high quality conductor.... 

I'm currently testing new very interesting products that will be launched under JCAT soon: one truly unique that can be used in combination with USB & NET Card (but not only) and other are very high quality DC cables using pure OCC copper with special dielectric. Long story short: this special cable as an 8-PIN CPU cable between the 400W ATX PSU and the motherboard turned out to be one of the biggest improvement I've had in my computer audio setup. So, one more time, I've experienced that everything matters in high-end computer audio on the hardware side: PC components, power supplies (naturally), _all_ cables (SATA, USB, LAN and DC cables inside PC too, or especially inside PC!), vibration control,

• Adrian, FelipeRolim and Phxtriode like this

#13 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

Marcin and friends, in terms of vibration control, I don't know if you have already tested, but probably yes. If not, I suggest that you try to use cork under your computers and its power supplies (three individual pieces dividing the weight evenly). It's amazing what these three "feets" do with the result of the sound. Here, I plan to completely coat the inside of the computer with a thin layer of cork. I really recommend this test.

One tip: if the computer and/or the PSU have original feet, don't put the cork under your feet, but directly under the chassis, on the metal part. Avoid the original feet. You'll be amazed with how natural and rich it sounds.

#14 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

Marcin and friends, in terms of vibration control, I don't know if you have already tested, but probably yes. If not, I suggest that you try to use cork under your computers and its power supplies (three individual pieces dividing the weight evenly). It's amazing what these three "feets" do with the result of the sound. Here, I plan to completely coat the inside of the computer with a thin layer of cork. I really recommend this test.

One tip: if the computer and/or the source have original feet, don't put the cork under your feet, but directly under the chassis, on the metal part. Avoid the original feet. You'll be amazed with how natural it sounds.

I personally use insulators from a special composite material made by a Japanese company foQ. It's extremely effective:

http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/about.html

• FelipeRolim likes this

#15 Phxtriode

Phxtriode

Beginner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

Very good idea, although very pricy if you want to use really high quality conductor.... 

I'm currently testing new very interesting products that will be launched under JCAT soon: one truly unique that can be used in combination with USB & NET Card (but not only) and other are very high quality DC cables using pure OCC copper with special dielectric. Long story short: this special cable as an 8-PIN CPU cable between the 400W ATX PSU and the motherboard turned out to be one of the biggest improvement I've had in my computer audio setup. So, one more time, I've experienced that everything matters in high-end computer audio on the hardware side: PC components, power supplies (naturally), _all_ cables (SATA, USB, LAN and DC cables inside PC too, or especially inside PC!), vibration control,

Looking forward to the launch of the ATX cables. I couldn't agree more that everything adds up. I have my JCat PC Chassis on a custom mag-lev base with a reactive ceramic resonance control and the PSU on Nordost Sort Kones (bronze) made a sizable difference in imaging, soundstage and tone in my system.

Single PC Windows Server 2016 Shell Replacement - JPLAYSTREAMER (170hz .5ms DAC Limited) - Fedelizer Pro 8.2 - AO  - ProcessLasso Server - MinimServer - Bubble Upnp - Kazzo - Intel i5 8600 - 16GB DDR4 - Gigabyte H270MD3H - Intel Optane M.2 - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (2) fed by 5v LPSU - JPLAY FEMTO USB fed by 5V external LPSU - Itona USB isolator - Intona Pro USB Cables - PS Audio DirectStream - Oppo 103d - Luxman L-590AXII - Golden Ear Reference Speakers - Nordost QX4, (2) QB8, (2) Qv2, (1) Qk1, (4) Frey II power cords, Sort Kones (3) TC (9) BC (6) AC, Sort Fut (8) under speakers- Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix speaker cables , interconnects , (5) power cords - Room treatment (14 custom made birch acoustic panels by your's truly) - SR Blue Fuses throughout

#16 Phxtriode

Phxtriode

Beginner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

I built a 24-way ATX cable and, for this task, used the best 24-way cable that I found: the Kimber Kable 12TC. Besides that, I bought gold plated connectors and mounted it all by myself. This is one of the best upgrades I did in terms of powering a computer. The cable has double of the gauge and material far superior to the original tin plated copper. I really enjoy my computer.

Very nice!

• FelipeRolim likes this

#17 FelipeRolim

FelipeRolim

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

Thanks Phxtriode. The secret is under the PCB, hehehehe. At the top there are 14 capacitors of 30F and 4 Nichicon Gold Tune of 10000uF. All done with point-to-point connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users