41 replies to this topic

#21 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

in addition the thought of listening without the switch now is enough to make me want to cry - no exaggeration or BS.

I have spent 2 days doing A/B demos and recordings.

Dont think if the switch as a network device because the Net Femto card is that - the M12 Switch is more like a top power conditioner for the whole system that is its effect again astonishing.

Thanks Marcin you have ruined my life letting me hear this switch Haha
  • Adrian and Thuan like this

#22 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

Hi Guys

Bit of feedback for owners of the M12 Gold switch.
Marcin did mention this to me before but I ignored him ... doh always a mistake.

I just isolated the M12 Gold up on 3 isolators, not my best ones as they are all on use but still good ones and holy shit.

If you own the switch or you demo one you MUST think about its vibration isolation as it doubles the difference it makes which is astonishing :)

Thanks Terry. 

• ellisdj likes this

JPLAY for iOS: the new reference hi-fi app. 

JCAT: streaming specific products for high-end audio

Join Computer Audio Enthusiasts group on facebook

#23 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

• ellisdj and ciccio1112 like this

#24 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

Emile of @Taiko Audio just posted a comparison between swtiches including the m12 switch gold. Link to the comparison:

https://www.whatsbes...433/post-625209

The m12 switch gold came on top :)

#25 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

And the latest customer review: https://www.whatsbes...842/post-620363

• Thuan likes this

#26 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Is that demo streaming music Marcin from Tidal etc?  Difference is massive

• Marcin_gps likes this

#27 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:30 AM

Is that demo streaming music Marcin from Tidal etc?  Difference is massive

The video was shot yesterday at Rhapsody Audio in New York. 

This is Qobuz via Roon + JPLAY on the mighty Taiko Audio sgm Extreme server. 

There wiill be a follow up with the Optimo 3 Duo PSU to the m12 switch. 

#28 ellisdj

ellisdj

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:20 PM

The video was shot yesterday at Rhapsody Audio in New York. 

This is Qobuz via Roon + JPLAY on the mighty Taiko Audio sgm Extreme server. 

There wiill be a follow up with the Optimo 3 Duo PSU to the m12 switch. 

It didnt sound very good without the switch - maybe they should have installed some JCAT parts in it - I am not even joking £20k server sounding screechy is not very good for what I can take from demo

#29 Chanh

Chanh

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:25 AM

It didnt sound very good without the switch - maybe they should have installed some JCAT parts in it - I am not even joking £20k server sounding screechy is not very good for what I can take from demo

Interestingly...!
My setup computer servers are not fancy high $$$$, however, I am using JCat network Femto card and USB femto card for ControlPC and AudioPC. It sounds not bad when compare to what I heard in those ultra highend server.
Video captured by my iPhone, might not be in good quality for sound capturing purpose.
Thanks for listening.
https://youtu.be/KKVmIU-o3QY
Cheers.

#30 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:56 PM

I apologize to readers here. I had posted a few videos but I used a cell for one and a Nikon for the other.  They were also two different speakers that were in the two videos.  It was my error and didn't realize that I had actually posted the cell video with the other speakers.

I will be doing comparison videos with the M12Gold Switch and without, but with the same recording devices and the same speakers.

Again, sorry.

#31 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the correction, Bob.

I was not aware of this. 

Anyway, I'm glad you like the results :) 

#32 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

Thx Marcin. 

I am BLOWN AWAY with the results of the M12 Gold Switch and the cables.  Now I have almost 100 hours on the switch.  It's doing its thing.

With the Switch inserted everything is MUCH more relaxed, everything is more dimensional.  The 3D holographic layering has gone through the roof.  I am playing at 25 on my volume control, where previous I was playing at 21. You can turn up the volume but it does not get harsh, just more enjoyable.

Room encompassing is the best description of the sound.  Although each voice and instrument has become more 3D, sort of like tubes, but I am using SS.  So dimensional and natural sounding.  Bravo!!!

• Marcin_gps and Adrian like this

#33 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:50 AM

I have the same here. Without the m12 switch the system, which I thought sounded great before I even had the switch, goes flat. 

Just wait until  you connect the Optimo 3 Duo PSU to the switch :) 

• Rhapsody likes this

#34 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:16 PM

I just received and inserted the Optimo 3 Duo PS for the Gold Switch.  At less than half the cost of the Gold switch after 10 seconds you could tell that there is probably more improvement in the overall sound than even when the Gold switch was added with the small ps.  

With the Optimo inserted now you are probably being allowed to hear what the Gold switch can really do, when powered appropriately.

I imagine it will take a bit to fully burn in, BUT right out of the UPS truck, it was like going from a 30 Watt set of good amps to 300 Watt amps......OOMPH!!!

I will update in a few days, but if the sound stays just like it is now, color me a "very happy camper".

I actually would say that it sounds like a night and day difference with and without the Optimo inserted into the system.  I'm a bit stunned.

Bob

• Marcin_gps and ellisdj like this

#35 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:35 PM

I just received and inserted the Optimo 3 Duo PS for the Gold Switch.  At less than half the cost of the Gold switch after 10 seconds you could tell that there is probably more improvement in the overall sound than even when the Gold switch was added with the small ps.  

With the Optimo inserted now you are probably being allowed to hear what the Gold switch can really do, when powered appropriately.

I imagine it will take a bit to fully burn in, BUT right out of the UPS truck, it was like going from a 30 Watt set of good amps to 300 Watt amps......OOMPH!!!

I will update in a few days, but if the sound stays just like it is now, color me a "very happy camper".

I actually would say that it sounds like a night and day difference with and without the Optimo inserted into the system.  I'm a bit stunned.

Bob

:) 

I'm glad you like it! 

#36 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:45 PM

I just ordered another Optimo to use for my Verizon and Edge routers.  It's hard to comprehend the difference that it makes. It's instantaneous, you can tell in the first few notes.

• Marcin_gps and ellisdj like this

#37 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:07 AM

After 24 hours of burn in with the Optimo PS added to the M12 Gold Switch-

Adding the Optimo to the Gold switch AND the Edge router produced bass that seems to go an octave lower.  The low bass all the way up to the high mid bass seems to have doubled if not more in energy and dynamics. 

The overall sonics are adding density to each note.  This is an area that I have felt that cd's with a good transport bested streaming.  I'm not sure now if there is much of a difference as the density of the notes on streaming has increased by quite a bit.

Just adding the M12 Gold Switch added more 3D to the sound bringing the soundstage further out in front and to the sides of the speakers which are 10' out into the room.  I did not notice more of the 3D by adding the Optimo, it seems it was more about the density of the notes and the bass performance, which is a significant and noticeable difference.

• Marcin_gps likes this

#38 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Beginner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:13 PM

I just post this on WBF after adding the second JCAT Gold switch, but just with it's SMPS as the second Optimo has not arrived yet.....

I have more cables coming with the next Optimo and was thinking I need those cables. BUT I just looked and I have the net isolator that I just received the other day. You need the net isolator to connect the two M12/RJ45 cables that connect the two Gold switches together. 

SO, Thx. I had what I needed but didn't think about it as I was in a trance with the sound.

I just connected the second switch with it's SMPS and connected the two Gold switches with the supplied M12/RF45 connectors with the net isolator in between.

Again, right away there is more solidity to the sound and it is VERY noticeable. The voices have more dimensionality although they were VERY dimensional with just the one switch, but more so now. 

The density of the images on the soundstage became more solid.  

It does the same thing as when I added the first switch just more of it. Not different just more solidity, lower and more controlled but very powerful mid bass and low bass. Greater dimensionality. Room encompassing, which it was doing prior, but now even more so.

I can tell now I will never remove the second switch. It's amazing with adding the switches or the Optimo you didn't have to break it in to immediately hear a significant difference. No need to go back and forth as with many system additives.

Although the Optimo addition sounded more refined after 24 hours. I am sure tomorrow it will even be better.

I need another room just to set up all of the switches, routers, cables.

Thx again, I am so in the middle of the forest it's hard to see the trees.

#39 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

Bob, good to see you're having fun :) 

#40 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• Administrators
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:51 AM

The M12 SWITCH GOLD & OPTIMO 3 DUO PSU at our NY dealer, Rhapsody Audio. The Absolute Sound report in the link below 

"Bob pointed out that, with his shop closed for Covid-19, he’d been spending time fine-tuning his digital front end and testing Ethernet switches. He had attained very good results with JCAT switches, power supplies, and cables, and I can vouch for his findings. I mentioned in my review of the Innuos Statement that the entire digital chain matters. And Bob’s attention to detail here proved that point.

http://www.theabsolu...dy-at-rhapsody/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users