• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bossman2112

Bossman2112

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

I was just wondering if anybody tried resonic player there's a free version and a pro version which is 69 pounds I find it to be definitely a lot better than jriver

#2 Buellerich

Buellerich

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

Yes I tried it about one year ago. It was kind of disappointing in terms of sound quality. The developer of the software wanted to introduce an update featuring WASAPI in exclusive mode. As far as I have eben reading that has not been reallized yet, the free version,which I tried still hast the shared mode only. All updates seem to centre around playlist handling and so on, but do not concern sound. I have Not tried the Pro Version with ASIO however.

#3 Bossman2112

Bossman2112

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:58 AM

Well I was very impressed with the sound quality of the free version it's actually very good that I bought the pro version and the pro version with the asio is stunning. https://resonic.at/download
  • thuanb likes this

#4 thuanb

thuanb

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

Can you provide a screen shot? How about a comparison to other good sounding players?
SinglePC Windows 2019 standard core + MinimServer + JPLAY Streamer + BubbleUPnP, BubbleDS. Plays only Red Book tracks and one track at a time. Pure magic, full of air and emotions, rich and colorful tonality, holographic body, details, organic bass, resembles a tube Neumann mic.

Alternative: SinglePC WS2019 standard core + local music library + Foobar2000, Foobar2000 controller Pro. Plays everything from Red Book to DSD, single tracks or playlists. A solid all around player that resembles a Shure or Rode mic.

#5 Buellerich

Buellerich

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Is the player meanwhile able to render gapplessly?

#6 Bossman2112

Bossman2112

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Yes it's very fast just give it a try the free version of course

#7 Buellerich

Buellerich

Beginner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Once again: I have already tried the free version with restricted WASAPI. If however the PRO Version with ASIO Support sounds so much better, I really wonder why there is no testing possibility for that version. A potentially interested user should be given the chance to test the whole functionality of a product. At least that is the normal procedure for any piece of Software, which is not free of charge.....

#8 Bossman2112

Bossman2112

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Once again: I have already tried the free version with restricted WASAPI. If however the PRO Version with ASIO Support sounds so much better, I really wonder why there is no testing possibility for that version. A potentially interested user should be given the chance to test the whole functionality of a product. At least that is the normal procedure for any piece of Software, which is not free of charge.....

#9 Bossman2112

Bossman2112

Beginner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

May I ask what player are you are using I was using jriver also fubar and a whole host of other players that I can't remember and none of them came to the sound quality of this not even close so if you tried that player over a year ago try it again it won't kill you it only takes a few seconds to install and if you don't like it then you just take it off your computer but I was impressed with the free version even with the Wasapi that I purchased the pro version with the asio support and it is that much better

#10 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

just tried the free version sounds a lot worst than foobar, and that is much to say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users