#21 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

SIMA66, how could a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy ever be better than the original, unless you change the original by purpose?

I totally agree with you! It doesn't make sense, but it works!

Even Marcin's statement that "freshly written tracks will sound better than those that sit on a drive for 6 months or longer" doesn't make sense, but he tried (I didn't) and I trust his ears!

Probably some things are more complicated than they look and our knowledge doesn't even scratch the surface!

If we can't understand or explain them, it doesn't mean that it's not posibile!

In the end, it might be just VOODOO, but who cares if it sounds better! :)

• Trazislicky likes this

Special-made PC box + TXCO MSI mobo + I5 4440 (800MHz 5 5 5 9) + (AO 2.20 Core, PL, R2) +  16GB SLC satadom for OS, with 2GB Apacer SLC card&adapter for music + JCAT FEMTO + 3.3 battery PS's + TeraDak ATX-820W  +  SR7EHD-MR4 four rail Paul Hynes PS with silver wiring and  silver DC cables.

SYSTEM: JCAT usb cable =>JCAT Isolator =>  USPCB  => Ifi Ipurifier2 => Regen (powered directly with 3.3V (John Kenny mod) => USPCB (moded for 5V external power) => Diverter HR => Wadia 931/922 (GNSC mod) =>IC Transparent MM2 => Audio Aero Prestige mono's => 2x Valhalla shotgun spk cbl + 2x Bybee speaker bulets => Stacked & moded ESL 57's + JAS SuperTweeters + 2 moded MJ Acoustics Reference I sub's.
POWER4 separate 10 gauge power lines with Furutech Rhodium outlets; power conditioner - Audio Magic "Oracle Liquid Power"; Power cords - Shunyata "King Kobra CX", Stealth Audio "Dream Digital", Audio Magic "Clairvoyant Liquid", Dream State Audio "Lucid Dream".....

TWEAKS: 4 Stein Harmonizers; 3 x RR-777; Entreq Tellus with solid silver wires + separate extra grounding; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Synergistic Research ART..........+ a lot of room treatments....

#22 Nobudy

Nobudy

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Since I'm in the process of re-ripping my CDs (for the fifth time), I'm just curious what CD treatments or tweaks are you using when ripping?

and clean the cd with isopropyl alcohol 50/50% water mix on a microfiber napkin

#23 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Here is another crazy suggestion that I tried and that works:

IMAG002.jpg

I tried first just to use the marker on the center only and it was an improvement, but with the additional "6 lines" it got like 50% better.

NOTE: I compared this before the MInorisuke suggestion!

Special-made PC box + TXCO MSI mobo + I5 4440 (800MHz 5 5 5 9) + (AO 2.20 Core, PL, R2) +  16GB SLC satadom for OS, with 2GB Apacer SLC card&adapter for music + JCAT FEMTO + 3.3 battery PS's + TeraDak ATX-820W  +  SR7EHD-MR4 four rail Paul Hynes PS with silver wiring and  silver DC cables.

SYSTEM: JCAT usb cable =>JCAT Isolator =>  USPCB  => Ifi Ipurifier2 => Regen (powered directly with 3.3V (John Kenny mod) => USPCB (moded for 5V external power) => Diverter HR => Wadia 931/922 (GNSC mod) =>IC Transparent MM2 => Audio Aero Prestige mono's => 2x Valhalla shotgun spk cbl + 2x Bybee speaker bulets => Stacked & moded ESL 57's + JAS SuperTweeters + 2 moded MJ Acoustics Reference I sub's.
POWER4 separate 10 gauge power lines with Furutech Rhodium outlets; power conditioner - Audio Magic "Oracle Liquid Power"; Power cords - Shunyata "King Kobra CX", Stealth Audio "Dream Digital", Audio Magic "Clairvoyant Liquid", Dream State Audio "Lucid Dream".....

TWEAKS: 4 Stein Harmonizers; 3 x RR-777; Entreq Tellus with solid silver wires + separate extra grounding; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Synergistic Research ART..........+ a lot of room treatments....

#24 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

SIMA66 can you explain exactly the procedure you do with the files, did you used we transfer.? how many times, did you zip the file?

#25 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Even Marcin's statement that "freshly written tracks will sound better than those that sit on a drive for 6 months or longer" doesn't make sense, but he tried (I didn't) and I trust his ears!

Probably some things are more complicated than they look and our knowledge doesn't even scratch the surface!

SIMA66 can you explain exactly the procedure you do with the files, did you used we transfer.? how many times, did you zip the file?

#26 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

#27 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:24 AM

I already mentioned this. I just uploaded 2 wav songs into the Google Drive, then downloaded....... repeated this upload/download 5-6 times. Nothing special!
No zip.

#28 MINORISUKE

MINORISUKE

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:38 AM

A compression at download loses the effect of this method.
Be careful when using Google Drive. Each track must be downloaded separately.
Avoid moving the downloaded files to a different drive when playing them.
Renaming and moving within the same drive are OK, as the same physical position on the drive is kept.

#29 thuanb

thuanb

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

I should try again without zip/compression and files moving. Thanks for the tips.
Windows 2016 Core + AO + JPLAY + PPA single or dual fanless PCs

KS 170Hz, 0.01s, Hibernate off
Or
WASAPI 700Hz, 0.01s, Hibernate on (possibly 85Hz under the hood)

#30 screenmusic

screenmusic

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

I already mentioned this. I just uploaded 2 wav songs into the Google Drive, then downloaded....... repeated this upload/download 5-6 times. Nothing special!
No zip.

SIMA66 what a waste of time, I did the experiment as you told following all the steps ...or you guys have a very low-resolution audio system or you ear perception is below normal. The file send over and over to the net sounds compressed, flat, harsh, no low ends, no soundstage actually it sounds with a lot of noise and jitter, don't believe everything that you read, maybe you where suggested.

#31 SIMA66

SIMA66

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

SIMA66 what a waste of time, I did the experiment as you told following all the steps ...or you guys have a very low-resolution audio system or you ear perception is below normal. The file send over and over to the net sounds compressed, flat, harsh, no low ends, no soundstage actually it sounds with a lot of noise and jitter, don't believe everything that you read, maybe you where suggested.

Sceenmusic, I don't know what, or how you did, but my findings are totally opposite of yours! Might be either from my deafness or low-resolution audio system, but I like it!

If you don't like, don't use it! It didn't cost you any money.......except your "precious" time!

#32 thuanb

thuanb

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

1) Vibration control on the drive
2) Furutech Destat
3) Audio-grade cable between the drive and the PC
4) Linear PSU
5) If it's a USB optical drive then connecting the drive to the JCAT USB Card.

I use EAC in x1 speed, paranoid mode ;)

Marcin, where do I find the EAC speed setting?

I'm ripping CDs from an ASUS drive [having no internal clock] directly onto internal music ssd [OCXO clock] using dBpoweramp. EAC in paranoid somehow gets the PC restart. PC is AO optimized with network enabled.
Windows 2016 Core + AO + JPLAY + PPA single or dual fanless PCs

KS 170Hz, 0.01s, Hibernate off
Or
WASAPI 700Hz, 0.01s, Hibernate on (possibly 85Hz under the hood)

#33 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Drive options

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users