Photo

44.1khz recording would only start with 170hz. Once started, I can choose different DACLink hz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shinyc

shinyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

I am new to JPLAY. 44.1khz recordings would only start with 170hz DACLink setting. Once started, I can change the DACLink value to different ones as long as I do not reboot. Another problem is hi-res materials (like 96khz, 172khz) would not play at 170hz. BTW, hi-res materials start with no problem at usual DACLink values. So after every reboot, I have to set the DACLink value to 170hz, play a 44.1hz material momentarily, then switch the DACLink value to 20hz and all my recording materials play well afterward. I am sticking to classic for now. This is really cumbersome. My configuration looks like this:

Computer 1 

Roonserver and HQPlayer on Macmini w/ OSX 10.13

Computer 2 (Control PC)

NAA -> Dirac -> JPLAYASIO -> JPLAYStreamer on PC w/ WS2016 & AO

Computer 3 (Audio PC)

JPLAY -> DAC driver (XMOS-USB-Audio v3.34.0) on PC w/ WS2016 & AO

DAC

Acousence afi+USB -> BNC -> Schiit Yggy

All software are of latest versions.

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Hello and welcome,

Interesting. 

Could you please check if the same happens with JPLAYmini? 

Best regards, 

Marcin

#3 shinyc

shinyc

Beginner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hi Marcin,

I just noticed that my first post has been approved. I am not familiar with JPLAYmini. I will try to get some music on a USB stick and try the JPLAYmini and let you know what I will have found. BTW, I tried Yggi's USB driver (Schiit Audio Gen3 USB) with JPLAY and it was much less hactic (vs using XMOS USB Audio driver). Unfortunately, it sounds more life like through XMOS. There are just so many variables, I think I will just settle on what I have right now. Even though it is very fragile, I is in a working state.

Is there a log produce by JPLAY? Or can you put it in some sort of debug mode so I can let you know what is really going on inside? Only log I can get you at the moment is one produced by the NAA.

#4 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Can you lower buffer in XMOS driver panel? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users