22 replies to this topic

#1 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

I am trying to get DSD 64-playback from Roon and Jplay tomy Bel Canto DAC 1.5, through Roon and Gustard U12 XMOS-interface.

Everything works but there is no sound. :P

U12 shows d64, Bel Canto 176.4, Roon shows that the track is playing.

My setup: Dual WS 2016 in core with JPlay, AO 2.20 latest beta. FP, Processlasso, direct CAT7 cable between NICs, DAC-link 170, 1s, Classic engine with WASAPI (Roon doesn't do KS yet) to:Gustard U12 USB/spdif-interface, BEL Canto DAC 1.5
Roon does the streaming og lokal flac and Tidal, and also does the upsampling through its DSP-engine.

Could the problem be that I need to use HQPlayer with Roon for upsampling to DSD with JPlay? Or should this be working? The strange thing is that everything seems to work, except there is total silence. I have never experienced that before, usually I would get an error somewhere before the u12 and DAC show a change in their displays.

Any thoughts are welcome. ;)

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

DSD requires KS. It doesn't matter that Roon doesn't support KS as playback goes via JPLAY anyway. You set ASIO: JPLAY Driver in Roon and then whatever you like in JPLAYsettings. For DSD (DoP) only KS will work. 

BR,

Marcin

#3 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

Ok, thanks!

Jplay stops working for me with KS and Roon. Any ideas on how to get that to work?

JPLAY Dual-PC with both computers in Windows Server 2016 Core. Process Lasso, Fidelizer Pro, AO, on both. JPlayMini/Minimserver/Jplaystreamer,   Control points BubbleUpnp/Kazoo.

Gustard U12 USB-Spdif converter, Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with custom linear PSU, Primare I22, Morel Solan 5F

Furutech power- and speakercables, Black Magic Cables AES-cable and interconnects.

#4 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

I would really like to get Roon working with KS if possible, to get Ultrastream!

What happens when JPlay is set to KD, is that JPlay ASIO-driver disappears from Roon. 😕

#5 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

'Transfer Zone' to SYSTEM and then set Volume Control to Fixed. Let me know if it helps!

• johsgjerde likes this

#6 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for reply!

I'm not able to enable system for some reason. Did I mention that I am on dual-pc?

#7 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

It is Roonserver I am using btw.

#8 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Do you have any audio devices on control pc? If not then try installing ASIO Bridge

#9 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Great. On it!

So I select ASIO bridge in Roonserver. But will it use JPLAY nevertheless? Or will playback go the long way through ASIO bridge?

#10 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

ASIO bridge works great! Sound is very good! Thanks.

Now I get hibernate and KS.

#11 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

More optimal is choosing JPLAY Driver directly. Check if that works now

#12 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Jplay driver does not disappear now. That is better. But I get no playback although I try different settings for DAC-link, buffer and engines.

#13 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Did you try enabling System zone and setting volume control to fixed now after installing asio bridge?

#14 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Ok. Did that now, and playback gets sent to output OS Mixer. It is not activating JPlay though.

#15 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

System gets routed through ASIO Bridge, as it is the only audio device on the control-pc.

#16 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

Asio bridge works with KS but is unstable. It would be great to get KS with the Jplay-driver

#17 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Could be an error because I have installed WASAPI with AO in server core?

#18 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Ok. Did that now, and playback gets sent to output OS Mixer. It is not activating JPlay though.

Switch back to JPLAY Driver afterwards... 

#19 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

OK, I checked your DAC's specs - it doesn't support DSD... 

#20 johsgjerde

johsgjerde

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for clearing this up.

Could you help me achieving KS with regular flac if it is possible?

I would really like Ultrastream with this setup!

I have tried anything I can think of. For some reason, DAC does not start when I press playback in Roonserver. I have tried various drivers, low DAC-link, large buffer, all the engines.

Is there any setting I need to set to get pcm output from Roon? Signal path says flac, and that could be the reason right? However with ASIO-bridge KS works. Does ASIO-bridge transcode to pcm?

With WASAPI playback is stable, no problem even at 170hz, which is the latency limit of my audio-pc it seems.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users