• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asaf23

asaf23

Beginner

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

The Winyl player shows that it can works with an ASIO driver.

So I started the playback of the some song to JPLAY driver but the sound was just an one second and the silence then.

Maybe someone has an experience with this player - can it work with JPLAY?

Screenshot shows the  jplay driver as the choice.

Attached Files

C.A.P.S.v2 (with SOtM tX-USB powered by linear PSU from Teddy Pardo) Win7/64SP1 -> JPLAY–>Halide Bridge–>Audio-GD Compass–>Sennheiser HD650 or Hypex NCore 400 (2 monoblocks) -> KEF Coda 90

#2 Marcin_gps

Marcin_gps

JPLAY team

• Administrators
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Can you play without dropouts in other player /w JPLAY Driver selected? 

#3 BernieK

BernieK

Die Hard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

The Winyl player shows that it can works with an ASIO driver.

So I started the playback of the some song to JPLAY driver but the sound was just an one second and the silence then.

Maybe someone has an experience with this player - can it work with JPLAY?

Screenshot shows the  jplay driver as the choice.

Hi asaf23,

The Winyl player (free to download from vinylsoft.com) set to ASIO works well with the JPLAY driver in my dual PC setup (details below). I'm using the following settings:

Playing via: KS

Engine: ULTRAStream

Bitstream: Native (Best)

DAC Link: ~1 Hz

PC Buffer: 10 seconds

XtreamSize: 1000

Throttle: On

Hibernate mode: On

Which settings and which engine (ULTRAStream, Classic, Xtream) are you using with Windows 7?

For those unfamiliar with this player, the GUI is user friendly with all the essential features and the sound quality seem quite good, but I haven't had time to listen critically. There's no manual, but the player is simple to use, and in addition to WS2016, works with Windows 7-10 (according to the developers). Potential deal breakers: inability to recognize/play DSD files; not designed to be controlled remotely; cannot function as a media server or a control point with JPLAYStreamer.

Cheers,

Bernie

Control and Audio PCs

Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptops with Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.1 GHz) and 16 (Control-PC) or 8 (Audio-PC) Gb DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

Software

Windows Server 2016 in Virtual Core Mode (http://jplay.eu/foru...ver-2016/page-9 post #162) on Control-PC (via Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 beta 5, Fidelizer 7.4 free, modified CAD Desktop Services Killer Script and manual software tweaks) and on Audio-PC (via Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 beta 5, Fidelizer 7.8 Pro and 7.4 free, CAD Windows 8.1 Optimization Script, modified CAD Desktop Services Killer Script and manual software tweaks); JRiver MC19 (library management); JPLAY 6.2 with ULTRAstream engine (renderer); Minimserver 0.8.4 (server), Kinsky 4.4.5 / Upplay 1.2.8 (control point); Process Lasso Server Edition 9.0.0.402; Q-Dir 6.71

Equipment Configuration

Control-PC > SUPRA Cat 8 Ethernet Cable > Audio-PC > Chord Silver Plus USB Cable > Uptone Audio Regen (Amber) > Curious Cable USB Regen Link > Luxman DA-06 > Chord Chameleon Plus XLR Interconnects > Luxman L-505u > Van Den Hul Teatrack Speaker Cables > Bryston Model T Signature Speakers with external crossovers

Music Storage

Samsung Story 2-Tb ext HDD (USB to Control PC) plus two 3-Tb Seagate backups

#4 asaf23

asaf23

Beginner

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

PC Buffer: 10 seconds

Hi BernieK,
and thank you very much :) .
It seems I can to playback via the Winyl player when adjusted 'PC Buffer' to 10 sec (2 sec before).
Ok, and I agree that this simple player is friendly but unfortunately it can not function as renderer.
So on my dual setup with win7 onboard I can not use the streaming which win8+ allows.
Stay with jriver19 and BubbleUPnP.

Best regards, Andrey

Attached Files

C.A.P.S.v2 (with SOtM tX-USB powered by linear PSU from Teddy Pardo) Win7/64SP1 -> JPLAY–>Halide Bridge–>Audio-GD Compass–>Sennheiser HD650 or Hypex NCore 400 (2 monoblocks) -> KEF Coda 90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users